What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Spiller - Value? (1 Viewer)

Random

Footballguy
Is there any hope he turns it around this year? What about his draft position next year - Top 5? What are you getting in trade?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure theres hope but I doubt he puts up numbers where his draft position is. And next year unless he takes off big time he will be a 2nd or 3rd round RB , unless they get rid of Jackson then maybe a early 2nd rounder.

Best trade I got offered for Spiller was MJD and Roddy WHite (Or Lamar Miller instead of MJD) and i rejected it. hes basically worth a low end RB 2 added with a WR2 i think, If you just use Spiller .

I rolled the dice on him just this week. I'm plugging him in at RB stat. Mine are terrible; had been guessing between MJD, Bilal Powell, Lamar Miller. I thought I hit a home run with Vereen but of course he gets injured week 1 after a breakout performance.

I don't think there is a much better buy low candidate right now then Spiller. The kid has a ton of talent and plays on the team with the most rushing attempts in the league. There's plenty of carries for him and FJax with Thad Lewis as QB. Spiller has torn the Dolphins apart last 3 meetings putting up 157 yards per game.

I gave up Eric Decker for him. He was my flex WR but with the emergence of Josh Gordon, I didn't need him. I also have Dez Bryant and Megatron so losing Decker was not a problem to upgrade my RB position. To give you an idea how bad my RB's are, Spiller's RB25 status has him as my RB1. It's been a frustrating year so far but I think this move could pay dividends.

He was just traded for Josh Gordon in my PPR league. Team with CJ is 1-5 and trying to salvage his season. Obvious buy low in redraft but much like Trent, most owners will go down with the ship and hope for the turnaround than sell low.

Tough to gauge because he is in a full blown RBBC and doesn't get goal line carries. You basically have to hope he busts one to have a good game (which is always possible with him.)

Redraft, I'm not sure he is worth anymore than guys like Lacy, D. Williams, etc this year.

And I wouldn't give Josh Gordon for Spiller. Maybe a guy like Alshon Jeffery/Eric Decker, those types. He is NOT worth a WR1.

Tough to gauge because he is in a full blown RBBC and doesn't get goal line carries. You basically have to hope he busts one to have a good game (which is always possible with him.)

Redraft, I'm not sure he is worth anymore than guys like Lacy, D. Williams, etc this year.
I'm a Spiller owner, and would love to get Lacy for him. D. Williams probably not because the upside is lower, and Stewart awaits in the wings.

Traded the house to get Spiller before the draft...drafted F Jax late as a cuff...now starting F Jax every week....dont think Spiller has much value until he has that one big week.

I sold him this week. I gave him and CJ.5k for Gio and Josh Gordon. After 6 games, I decided it was time to move on....this year I don't see any reason it's going to get much better...I'm 4-2 and have a shot so went for it. My sellers remorse will kick in next year when FJax is 32, Manuel is back and hopefully the new offense is much more effective...

Spiller is fool's gold. A carrousel of quarterback, he's on the wrong side of a full-blown RBBC, and he's on a team whose defense will put them in holes often, thus reducing the chance for a run-dominant game. Their schedule is also filled with top ten run defenses.

If there is any hope for Spiller owners (myself included), it's the fact over the last two games, Freddie's performance is declining while Spiller's is improving. And if you're believing the tea leaves, Spiller says he's close to 100%. The dolphins matchup this week is easily his best matchup of the year situation wise for him. This week will be very telling of him. I'm not starting him, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he puts up RB1 numbers this week.

If you are trading for him today, his value isn't much of anything. Someone said Lacy for him, and I think another post mentioned Gordon. If you can get something like that, take it and run! If a draft were held today, Spiller would be sharing ADP with Ryan Mathews.

I sold him this week. I gave him and CJ.5k for Gio and Josh Gordon. After 6 games, I decided it was time to move on....this year I don't see any reason it's going to get much better...I'm 4-2 and have a shot so went for it. My sellers remorse will kick in next year when FJax is 32, Manuel is back and hopefully the new offense is much more effective...
i would have done that deal too. Problem with CJ is his true value is probably quite a bit higher than what anyone (in my leages at least) seems willing to give for him. I would deal him in a second if i could get any kind of value, but even with the disappointing results so far this season I still apparently value him more than anyone else in my leagues.

So for someone that is loaded at RB (McCoy, TRich, CJ?K, Woodhead, Spiller) and dead at TE (drafted Cook, dropped him for Heath), do you trade him and rd4 for Gates and rd2? We keep 2 in this league, start 2RBs + flex.

I turned down an offer of spiller for my Lamar miller, Antonio brown, and a 2014 rookie pick (not my original pick but likely top 3).

I still think spiller is a top 15 back, but I thought that was too much to give up, especially in a touchdown heavy league where spiller's value is heavily impacted by Fred Jackson's goalline carries.

So for someone that is loaded at RB (McCoy, TRich, CJ?K, Woodhead, Spiller) and dead at TE (drafted Cook, dropped him for Heath), do you trade him and rd4 for Gates and rd2? We keep 2 in this league, start 2RBs + flex.
Are you loaded at RB? I have everybody but Woodhead of the guys I bolded (and don't have McCoy either which obviously makes a difference), but I don't feel that any of the bolded players are very strong RB2s at all. More like low RB2s or flexes. Also, I have worries about Gates keeping this up the rest of the play, don't know if the gap between him and Miller is that great the rest of the way. I know that you have a lot of guys, but I think that is selling too low on Spiller.

I dealt him for Alfred Morris in PPR. Neither has been great, but at least Morris only has the ####ty Redskins D to compete with, and not Fred Jackson.

Both would've been my RB2/3 along with McCoy & Sproles in a start only 2 RB, no flex league.

10 man 0.5 PPR league. The Doug Martin owner is willing to trade Josh Gordon for Spiller. I might have to pull the trigger.

I thought I had gold as a 6th rd keeper and 7 weeks later im questioning whether to even keep him in the 4th next yr.

UNREAL.

I wish Buffalo would just sit him for at least a week. It's clear he has a high ankle sprain which takes weeks to recover fully from.

If you own him the best thing to do is just hold him and hope he gets healthy. You'll never get fair value in a trade unless he is part of a multi player deal---maybe.

I'm trying to move Trent Richardson for Spiller straight up. Maybe each owner is fed up enough to make this move and try a different disappointment.

If you own him the best thing to do is just hold him and hope he gets healthy. You'll never get fair value in a trade unless he is part of a multi player deal---maybe.
I disagree completely. Sell if you can get something you can use in your lineup right now, even if it's WR3 or a top D/ST or something like that. Weeks ago I could've moved him for Ridley or Chris Johnson and the "sharks" said hold because he's got so much talent, you'll never get fair value, blah blah blah!

At this point, there is no "fair value" because there is no value at all to Spiller. No one in my league will take the guy off my hands for another starter of any position of need for me. With Cutler going down, I'd happily trade him for a QB2 and I still can't get any takers. Get rid of him!

I'm trying to move Trent Richardson for Spiller straight up. Maybe each owner is fed up enough to make this move and try a different disappointment.
I offered this to the Trent owner in my league and he as well declined. Believe me, I'd take Trent in a heartbeat. At least he's on a good team.

@wilsonthevolleyball

Well i mean his foot won't be gimpy forever, and we've seen that on this team this guy is capable of being great (hence the 1st round ADP) so you can't say his value is NOTHING this season... just nothing right now and for the next few weeks at least. I do still expect to get a few good games out of him down the stretch, but i would still take WR3 value for him because i desperately need the help.

It's really tough. I've held onto him, turned down an offer for lacy straight up a couple of weeks ago (or more accurately, by the time I decided to do it, the offer was pulled). His value is really low right now but I would take almost anything right now. If you own him I'd be targeting a guy like Leveon Bell as a swap, though you probably wouldn't be able to get that done now.

I was just able to pull off trading Blackmon and Mathews giving away spiller and shorts. I was pretty grateful for getting some value for spiller.

It's over, time to flush this turd. It just isn't happening for him - I'm offing him up to the highest bidder. Right now the best offer is Julius Thomas.

Trent has a much more favorable schedule weeks 9-12, but Spiller has a better playoff schedule. As a Trent owner who can afford to keep him on the bench, I'm trying to get spiller and demaryius for trent, donald brown and blackmon. 10 team 2 WR league

It's over, time to flush this turd. It just isn't happening for him - I'm offing him up to the highest bidder. Right now the best offer is Julius Thomas.
In a redraft I would take that and run even if you already have a good TE. Been shopping him around in my redraft PPR leagues today, I'm interested to see if anyone bites or comes up with an interesting counter offer.

Users who are viewing this thread