What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (5 Viewers)

great research above, but really all you need to do is watch the games. Kaep shouldn't be starting and outside of a couple nice plays in a couple games, he doesn't really look like he is going to be a good starter in the NFL. But hey, at least Alex Smith isn't starting anymore :rolleyes:
I am SO gonna bump this post next season.Kaeperflash (for an easy search to find this post)
:blackdot: There ya go.
hi
With Davis out, his only legit receiver today was Boldin (Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore, Quinton Patton and Vance McDonald were his other options). Not too many QBs gonna look good with that bunch to throw to.
Who's Brady throwing to these days?
Do you comprehend what "not too many QBs " means? It means there may be one or two that could be okay with that bunch...but nobody here would be dumb enough to compare Kaep to Brady...right?
I do comprehend it. The Niners and Kaep are supposed to be elite. If his WRs are weak, then Kaep needs to be better, but he's not.
I never bump the Wilson thread when he loses, like he did against ATL. Simmer down.

great research above, but really all you need to do is watch the games. Kaep shouldn't be starting and outside of a couple nice plays in a couple games, he doesn't really look like he is going to be a good starter in the NFL. But hey, at least Alex Smith isn't starting anymore :rolleyes:
I am SO gonna bump this post next season.Kaeperflash (for an easy search to find this post)
hi
With Davis out, his only legit receiver today was Boldin (Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore, Quinton Patton and Vance McDonald were his other options). Not too many QBs gonna look good with that bunch to throw to.
You pull out all kinds of weird cards.
If Kaepernick and the Niners want to be considered elite, they can't get smothered like they have the last two weeks. I know you get mad when people poke holes in your excuses. They had VD last week and he was a non factor even before he got sand in his vajayjay.
The only person who is upset is you. Of course, you don't realize it.
:lmao: The words mental and midget keep running through my head when I read your posts.
Again, simmer down and try to stay classy. This thread isn't about you.

I'm not sure if Kaep will ever be considered an elite QB. I think you need more game smarts to be a top 5 QB. He's great when the going's good, but he seems to struggle with adversity.

We'll see, but I'm definitely not sold.

hi
Do you comprehend what "not too many QBs " means? It means there may be one or two that could be okay with that bunch...but nobody here would be dumb enough to compare Kaep to Brady...right?
I do comprehend it. The Niners and Kaep are supposed to be elite. If his WRs are weak, then Kaep needs to be better, but he's not.
After 14 starts in the NFL youre gonna call him elite? I think youre the first person Ive heard call him that. Most people think he COULD BE elite as he gains valuable experience and continues to learn, but to call him elite at this point is pretty silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we stop this this 49er-Seahawk nonsense and discuss his fantasy value? Is it basically kaput now? Are Kaep owners actively shopping for a new QB?

hi
After 14 starts in the NFL youre gonna call him elite? I think youre the first person Ive heard call him that. Most people think he WILL BE elite as he gains valuable experience and continues to learn, but to call him elite at this point is pretty silly.
49er fans didn't bump this thread after his week one performance. Just consider those who have.

49er fans didn't bump this thread after his week one performance. Just consider those who have.
Fellas, just stop arguing with Sweeney. You won't win this one.

Call Kaep "elite"... Sweeny wins, since Kaep clearly isn't playing elite.

Call Kaep "Not Elite".. Sweeny wins since now Kaep sucks.

It's a trolltrap if I ever saw one.

hi
I never bump the Wilson thread when he loses, like he did against ATL. Simmer down.
I didn't bump any threads. You did though.

Can we stop this this 49er-Seahawk nonsense and discuss his fantasy value? Is it basically kaput now? Are Kaep owners actively shopping for a new QB?
I was trying to make a deal for Vick last week but the asking price was too high. Coming off a mediocre game I'm going to try and acquire Vick again this week. Hope to play matchups between him and Kaep.

hi
After 14 starts in the NFL youre gonna call him elite? I think youre the first person Ive heard call him that. Most people think he COULD BE elite as he gains valuable experience and continues to learn, but to call him elite at this point is pretty silly.
Do you even comprehend what the phrase "supposed to be means"? I'm not calling him elite at all. Talk about bad reading comprehension. Sort of like Kaep reading a D.

It looks pretty terrible, but I'm holding. As is always the case, trading a guys struggling this bad isn't an option. Though, with that long, loopy delivery, I'm not sure a sell-low situation isn't in order.

I'll go get a back-up, which I hate doing, and hope he at least starts running.

lol

trolltrap ™
It's a weird sort of obsessive thing with him.

IND sniffed out the Read Option on him today. But jeebus, the 49er WR corp is woeful. They gave up on the run too fast as well. TOP was totally in IND's favor.

I've always thought Luck a true franchise QB. Today, he played like one.

lol

trolltrap ™
It's a weird sort of obsessive thing with him.

IND sniffed out the Read Option on him today. But jeebus, the 49er WR corp is woeful. They gave up on the run too fast as well. TOP was totally in IND's favor.

I've always thought Luck a true franchise QB. Today, he played like one.
:lmao:

I had to start Eli in a couple leagues and actually thought he'd put up ok fantasy numbers, even in a loss.

Had to shower a few times after that game, but the only thing worse right now is Kæp.

hi
Do you even comprehend what the phrase "supposed to be means"? I'm not calling him elite at all. Talk about bad reading comprehension. Sort of like Kaep reading a D.
When you say "supposed to be" you are obviously talking about what YOU think, because like I said, Ive never heard anyone else refer to Kaep as elite.

But Im done now, gotta go to work. Have fun.

hi
When you say "supposed to be" you are obviously talking about what YOU think, because like I said, Ive never heard anyone else refer to Kaep as elite.But Im done now, gotta go to work. Have fun.
Uh, you're way off. Try making less wild and inaccurate assumptions next time. If I think a player is elite, I'll say so. But I bet you can find a whole slew of people that did say it after week 1.

hi
Until the Pats play a legit team, the jury is still out on them. Are they a good team? No clue.
You really have no clue if the Pats are a good team or not? Not great, not Super Bowl bound but good? How about on reputation alone at 3-0 they get the benefit of the doubt the Pats are "good."

Special K looked awful today. Yes, he didn't have much to throw to but that is who the 49ers are. So he js only good when Davis is out there, I don't buy it. Gronkowski is better than Davis and NE and Brady still find ways to get it done.

He was inaccurate, he was not much of a threat to run and the entire team looks underwhelming. You can blame the front office and Harbaugh for not stressing that they need more offensive power at Wr, they look bad.

I do not care if he finds a way to look decent against the Rams on Thursday, they are horrible.

I have Kaep and Bradford right now. I think I am going to drop Bradford and pick up EJ and make him my starter and if Kaep ever gets his crap together...I'll start him again.

However, EJ plays the Ravens next week so I don't know. DO I trust Kaep for another week?

Maybe after he finds the Mighty Wings he will get his mojo back?

Very curious to see how this goes tonight.

How much of a problem do you guys think his delivery is going to be for him long-term?

He was successful last year, obviously, but every time I watch the guy throw, I just can't imagine a guy with that long wind-up and inconsistent and inefficient motion being terribly effective over the long-term. Particularly, if he's not running as much and being kept in the pocket.

I'm no NFL scout though. Just curious what others think.

He looks like he's pressing. He's firing missiles off people's helmets. He needs another weapon and I think he'll be fine. STL has his number though, even last year with all his weapons there. So for now I don't trust starting him. I'm looking at that Oakland Washington matchup and maybe starting Pryor or even Flynn. That WAS D is dreadful.

Very curious to see how this goes tonight.

How much of a problem do you guys think his delivery is going to be for him long-term?

He was successful last year, obviously, but every time I watch the guy throw, I just can't imagine a guy with that long wind-up and inconsistent and inefficient motion being terribly effective over the long-term. Particularly, if he's not running as much and being kept in the pocket.

I'm no NFL scout though. Just curious what others think.
His delivery is a little unorthodox, but there is nothing wrong with his passing. He is for the most part very accurate, with a tight high-velocity spiral. I went back and watched the Seattle game. His passes were still mostly accurate. It was actually the Indy game that for whatever reason he started missing targets. That was the first time I've seen him struggle with accuracy. Maybe it takes a whole week to get Seattle out of your head? (I threw that one in for sweeney and the scientist...you're welcome!)

Week 16 at home Monday night against the Falcons. Anyone with questionable options at quarterback considering Kaepernick in your fantasy title game? There's a chance they get so far ahead they just run the ball but you have to think the Niners will move the ball at will this week.

Week 16 at home Monday night against the Falcons. Anyone with questionable options at quarterback considering Kaepernick in your fantasy title game? There's a chance they get so far ahead they just run the ball but you have to think the Niners will move the ball at will this week.
Well, I would think that with Crabs back they will try to work more kinks out of the passing game. The issue is that Harbaugh is really a conservative coach who loves ball control. It's not that he doesn't like to take big shots in the passing game. It's more that he is ok with the QB taking only around 20 attempts in the air when his defense and run game are dominating the game.

He's gone over 30 in 3 games this season, that's about what I'm looking for tonight. I hope he shreds the Falcons secondary, also hope if he can't throw a TD then maybe he can run a couple in. 2pass/1Rush would be great, 50+rush yards wouldn't hurt to go with 200 pass yds.

He's gone over 30 in 3 games this season, that's about what I'm looking for tonight. I hope he shreds the Falcons secondary, also hope if he can't throw a TD then maybe he can run a couple in. 2pass/1Rush would be great, 50+rush yards wouldn't hurt to go with 200 pass yds.
The baby Jesus hates you, personally.

His completion percentage sucks, but he is #8 in AY/A and #11 in ANY/A of QB's with more than 250 attempts on the year.

I don't see him snapping through progressions when I watch him, but as a fantasy owner, I wouldn't mind a little more Pryor from him now and then.

Before last night, Kaeps ONLY negative result in the post season was falling a bit short on the last play in a super bowl. He was 4-1 in the postseason with 3 road wins. He's now 4-2. Is he great? No. Can he be? I think so. Will he be? Remains to be seen. Coaching has as much to do with the loss last night as Kaep. Sure he threw an INT and lost a fumble before the final INT...but the fact is we were still in it and had a chance to win at the end. Harbaugh should have used a TO and called a different play, or at least told him not to throw Sherman's way.

Yeah the throw is on Kaep...but he played much better this trip to Seattle than his last 2...to me that shows growth. He still makes questionable decisions and needs to be coached during the games, and Harbaugh didn't do that last night. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the kid yet, he has too much raw talent. What worries.me is whether or not Harbaugh and company can turn that talent into an elite QB.

Users who are viewing this thread