What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

Da Guru said:
Must have got popped..this thread was on page 2 for awhile..Squish would never tolerate that.
No, I didn't get popped and the thread never dropped to page 2 in my absence, contrary to those who claim I am the only reason it is usually on page 1.

Sure, that's how pretty much all news/controversies work. None of them last forever.  It'll flare back up when something happens, like if the President needs to change the subject or when there's a development in his case against the NFL or something.
A lot of the controversies in this country would die down if the president spent less time on Twitter flaming them up. He has to be one if worst leaders I have ever seen. Great leadership is convincing people who disagree with you to start to agree with you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of the controversies in this country would die down if the president spent less time on Twitter flaming them up. He has to be one if worst leaders I have ever seen. Great leadership is convincing people who disagree with you to start to agree with you. 
Then we haven't a great leader in quite some time.  Kennedy maybe?

What no tweet about K's lawyer saying he will be on a team by next week?   

Squiz is a slippin, like he found a girl friend or sumpin.

No, I didn't get popped and the thread never dropped to page 2 in my absence, contrary to those who claim I am the only reason it is usually on page 1.
Well..you are 90% the reason..an oddball post will bump it now and then.   You are slipping..Kappy has interest from 2 teams!! :pickle:

This was NFL stuff.

Colin Kaepernick Thread plus related anthem kneeling and NFL stuff   
Fine. You want to be obtuse, go ahead. I will let you and the others get in the last word because that is obviously important to you.

Title has been changed back to Colin Kapernick Thread so you and your friends won't just post any random NFL news that has nothing to do with Kaep or the anthem protests.

Have a good evening.

Fine. You want to be obtuse, go ahead. I will let you and the others get in the last word because that is obviously important to you.

Title has been changed back to Colin Kapernick Thread so you and your friends won't just post any random NFL news that has nothing to do with Kaep or the anthem protests.

Have a good evening.
Not my friends...and I have never posted any NFL other stuff in here.  You are the one who put "And Stuff" in there to broaden the thread.  Should have kept in on topic just about Kappy.

Rams player gets DUI in Simi Valley. The rams are a rival of the San Fransisco 49ers. Colin Kaepernick used to play for the 49ers. John Candy was once at a 49ers game and Joe Montana pointed him out. John Candy starred in canadian bacon which is irrelevant because Kevin bacon was in planes tranes and automobiles. 

Torrey Smith‏Verified account @TorreySmithWR 13h13 hours ago

Do y’all realize that Eric Reid and Colin Kaepernick don’t have jobs when they are young, talented, and healthy. We legit have folks who recently committed crimes (I believe in second chances) and it just blows over but they can’t get a shot? What does that say about this league?

What does it say? It would seem that  the league is blackballing players for exercising their freedom of speech, while at the same time supporting criminals.

Do y’all realize that Eric Reid and Colin Kaepernick don’t have jobs when they are young, talented, and healthy. We legit have folks who recently committed crimes (I believe in second chances) and it just blows over but they can’t get a shot? What does that say about this league?

What does it say? It would seem that  the league is blackballing players for exercising their freedom of speech, while at the same time supporting criminals.
I think it's pretty obvious that winning games is what's most important in the NFL.  They'll take someone with more talent that can help them win almost regardless of what they have done.

For about the 1,000th time, why does Kenny Stills have a job?  Malcolm Jenkins?  Albert Wilson?

Also, if Torrey Smith (or you) believe in second chances why in the world would it even be brought up?

parasaurolophus said:
Remember the rumor that nobody would sign kaepernick just because he kneeled? Thank god nobody ever posted about that one. 
I don't know if that was/is true, but a couple teams being interested in him now doesn't mean that couldn't have been true in the recent past.  Maybe they saw that the ad campaign wasn't hurting Nike and reconsidered how being affiliated with him might affect their own business. Maybe they feel like enough time has passed that the backlash would be far less significant. Maybe the cost/benefit has changed because they perceive a dearth of QB talent they didn't perceive two years ago.  Who knows.

I don't know if that was/is true, but a couple teams being interested in him now doesn't mean that couldn't have been true in the recent past.  Maybe they saw that the ad campaign wasn't hurting Nike and reconsidered how being affiliated with him might affect their own business. Maybe they feel like enough time has passed that the backlash would be far less significant. Maybe the cost/benefit has changed because they perceive a dearth of QB talent they didn't perceive two years ago.  Who knows.
That's the whole point.  It might be true or it might not be true.  It's an unverified rumor, which Squis is now claiming have not been discussed in this thread to date.   Which is the biggest lie ever told on this board.

For about the 1,000th time, why does Kenny Stills have a job?  Malcolm Jenkins?  Albert Wilson?

Also, if Torrey Smith (or you) believe in second chances why in the world would it even be brought up?
Obviously because the league has not yet decided to make an example of them as they have done with Kaep and Reid. Similar to a situation where employees are trying to organize a union, the company doesn't usually fire everyone who attended a union organizing meeting, just the leaders, to make an example of them.

And Stills, Jenkins and Wilson are active players on NFL rosters, to suspend, fine, or punish them would be a violation of the current CBA, while there is no penalty for not hiring a free agent (absent proof of blackballing/collusion).

Obviously because the league has not yet decided to make an example of them as they have done with Kaep and Reid. Similar to a situation where employees are trying to organize a union, the company doesn't usually fire everyone who attended a union organizing meeting, just the leaders, to make an example of them.

And Stills, Jenkins and Wilson are active players on NFL rosters, to suspend, fine, or punish them would be a violation of the current CBA, while there is no penalty for not hiring a free agent (absent proof of blackballing/collusion).
Again, unverified rumor.   Please link me where the league has made an example of them and decided Reid and Kaepernick are not allowed to play.

Users who are viewing this thread