What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (7 Viewers)

49ers worked out 5 QBs today, none of them named Colin Kaepernick, or "Kappy" as his former teammates used to call him.

In a related story, Colin Kaepernick was seen walking around San Francisco with a giant fork stuck in his back.

Just read Cam Newton is still looking to hook up with a team and wants a workout too. Willing to be a backup.

Just read Cam Newton is still looking to hook up with a team and wants a workout too. Willing to be a backup.

Kaepernick has said he is willing to be a backup.

Last edited:
49ers worked out 5 QBs today, none of them named Colin Kaepernick, or "Kappy" as his former teammates used to call him.

In a related story, Colin Kaepernick was seen walking around San Francisco with a giant fork stuck in his back.

Now he is. Looks like it is too late though as his ship has sailed.

The first few years he was out of the league he was still looking for starter $$$$$.

The first few years he was out of the league he was still looking for starter $$$$$.

And he if hadn't been blackballed he might have gotten it. And the truth is we don't know what was asking for the first few years as it was never officially reported, it was all speculation and rumors.

And he if hadn't been blackballed he might have gotten it. And the truth is we don't know what was asking for the first few years as it was never officially reported, it was all speculation and rumors.

So if next spring rolls around and Kappy is still not on a roster will you concede it is over? Or will keep repeating this cycle for another year?

So if next spring rolls around and Kappy is still not on a roster will you concede it is over? Or will keep repeating this cycle for another year?

Yes, it will probably be over, but I prefer not to speculate and am not psychic, 🔮 so there is always that possibility for 2023.

Tim Tebow just stated he was in the best shape of his life too and still was hoping to get a shot.

NFL blackballed him, he was kneeling in prayer and putting Bible verses on his shows - absolutely horrible, unacceptable and they had to stop that !!
Wait, do you objectively think (putting all sociopolitical issues aside) that Tebow is/was a better NFL QB than Kaepernick??

He get signed yet?
Every single team still racist.

I never claimed this was entirely a result of racism, although that have been a major part of it - no way really to tell unless we could rerun history and have a white QB of a similar stature (before Kaepernick) kneel during the anthem as some sort of political protest. I suspect that would have had a similar reaction, but it is all speculation on anyone's part.

Tim Tebow just stated he was in the best shape of his life too and still was hoping to get a shot.

NFL blackballed him, he was kneeling in prayer and putting Bible verses on his shows - absolutely horrible, unacceptable and they had to stop that !!
Wait, do you objectively think (putting all sociopolitical issues aside) that Tebow is/was a better NFL QB than Kaepernick??
Did he claim that?

He get signed yet?

I never claimed this was entirely a result of racism, although that have been a major part of it - no way really to tell unless we could rerun history and have a white QB of a similar stature (before Kaepernick) kneel during the anthem as some sort of political protest. I suspect that would have had a similar reaction, but it is all speculation on anyone's part.
You asserting that he was blackballed is speculation. Many experts believe he just sucked

Did he claim that?
I inferred that from the "blackballed" comment.

I fail to see any evidence that Tebow was blackballed. While he was a decent fantasy QB and that Pitt win in the playoffs was super fun, he obviously wasn't an NFL level QB. Nonetheless, some teams then did try him at TE but he didn't excel there to the incredibly high standard that it takes to be an NFL TE or player.

Personally, I don't have a personal issue with Tebow. I think he was a great college player whose game just didn't translate to the faster speed of the NFL game. I don't care about his religious/social leanings.

My point with my post/question to Stealthy was to flesh out whether he thinks Tebow was "blackballed" comparably to Kaepernick. If so, I find such a position to be objectively errant given that Kaepernick - objective speaking - was a far superior NFL player when compared to Tebow. In other words, I see no genuine basis to claim Tebow is out of the NFL for any reason but for his lack of NFL talent.

He get signed yet?

You asserting that he was blackballed is speculation. Many experts believe he just sucked

You asserting that he was blackballed is speculation

I don't think so.

He sued the NFL for essentially blackballing him and got an out-of-court settlement. If there was absolutely no evidence of conspiracy, then the NFL would not have settled IMO. In other words: "Where there's smoke there's fire."

doesn't matter

if we can claim Kap kneeling = blackballed, we can also claim Tebow kneeling = blackballed

FWIW neither were good NFL QB's, that's why they're not in the NFL playing QB right now

doesn't matter

if we can claim Kap kneeling = blackballed, we can also claim Tebow kneeling = blackballed

FWIW neither were good NFL QB's, that's why they're not in the NFL playing QB right now
The first matters if you want to claim the second.

He get signed yet?

You asserting that he was blackballed is speculation

I don't think so.

He sued the NFL for essentially blackballing him and got an out-of-court settlement. If there was absolutely no evidence of conspiracy, then the NFL would not have settled IMO. In other words: "Where there's smoke there's fire."

Is Kappy like your favorite player or something?

often money is paid to shut someone up and move up

Kap will forever be famous for making more money with his knee than with his arm

This is untrue. We have no idea of the specifics of that settlement and even Woz will attest to the fact that cases get settled all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with justice.

This thread is dumb (outdated). Kaepernick isn't ever playing again.
Yet he’s living rent free in his hater’s heads. Even when he isn’t in the news, they can’t help but bump this thread. Quite the obsession.

:confused: I actually want to see him try to play again. Plus I would be happy for Squid to see him back on a team.

Looks like this thread is living rent free in your head as you keep commenting on it but whatever.,

Yet he’s living rent free in his hater’s heads. Even when he isn’t in the news, they can’t help but bump this thread. Quite the obsession.

:confused: I actually want to see him try to play again. Plus I would be happy for Squid to see him back on a team.

Looks like this thread is living rent free in your head as you keep commenting on it but whatever.,

Squidrope has not expressed an opinion on Kaepernick returning to the NFL, so we can't really say he would be happy or not to have him back on a team.

This is untrue. We have no idea of the specifics of that settlement and even Woz will attest to the fact that cases get settled all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with justice.
:lmao: I'm not sure how to take this.

But, yes, I do generally agree with the premise that sometimes cases settle for risk-reward type reasons rather than "justice."

Squidrope has not expressed an opinion on Kaepernick returning to the NFL, so we can't really say he would be happy or not to have him back on a team.
Squidrope??

Squidrope??

From the post I was responding to:

Plus I would be happy for Squid to see him back on a team.

I am not Squidrope, he is a different poster.

:lmao: I'm not sure how to take this.

But, yes, I do generally agree with the premise that sometimes cases settle for risk-reward type reasons rather than "justice."

Sorry, not trying to single you out. I could just as easily have said any of the lawyers here. You just happened to have posted in this thread and I saw that so your name was fresh on my mind. For the record, I think you're an excellent attorney and have nothing but respect for your work and your posts here.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow

Squidrope??

From the post I was responding to:

Plus I would be happy for Squid to see him back on a team.

I am not Squidrope, he is a different poster.

Sorry, it was aTypo, D and S are right next to each other. Squis, Squid. I would be happy for you if Kappy made a roster.

Last edited:

I'm actually over him being brought up at this point, so not really understanding your comment about this thread and my head. I continue to comment because it's comedy gold his haters are still bringing him up even though he isn't in the news. I'm just a lurker in this forum. It's a constant reminder of why I'm happy as someone in their mid 40's that politics doesn't control every thought, idea, belief and opinion that I have.

doesn't matter

The NFL, and its fan base, are collective whoores. If Kap was really that good, a team would sign him. And if he was that good, and took his team to the playoffs, the fans wouldn't care. They really wouldn't. Sure some would, but there would be plenty of other fans around who want to see their team win, period. Kap isn't in the league because he isn't that good anymore. Period.

Squidrope??
@squistion alternate account

I'm actually over him being brought up at this point, so not really understanding your comment about this thread and my head. I continue to comment because it's comedy gold his haters are still bringing him up even though he isn't in the news. I'm just a lurker in this forum. It's a constant reminder of why I'm happy as someone in their mid 40's that politics doesn't control every thought, idea, belief and opinion that I have.

You keep coming back to this thread saying you don`t care about this thread. Hater? I would like to see Kappy play again and have stated that a number of times.

You keep coming back to this thread saying you don`t care about this thread. Hater? I would like to see Kappy play again and have stated that a number of times.
That is not what I typed. And I wasn't referring to you as a hater.

doesn't matter

The NFL, and its fan base, are collective whoores. If Kap was really that good, a team would sign him. And if he was that good, and took his team to the playoffs, the fans wouldn't care. They really wouldn't. Sure some would, but there would be plenty of other fans around who want to see their team win, period. Kap isn't in the league because he isn't that good anymore. Period.
Eh, I view it as a combination of his not being elite with teams not wanting to deal with the political/social issues associated with him. And, obviously, with each year passing he isn't getting much better (assuming no Brady-like ability to somehow get better at 38 years old).

Put differently, and going back a few years to when he first was out of the league, I don't think it's realistic to say he wasn't a top-64 QB in the world. He absolutely was. However, to your point, he probably wasn't top-10 where his social/political "quirks" I guess we'll call them can be overlooked. For example, Aaron Rodgers is freaking socially weird to unfavorably distracting in his public statements, Brett Favre is a horrible human, and even Tom Brady has some significant quirks. Of course, their respective teams and fans can overlook them easy because they win Super Bowls.

In contrast, Kaepernick is clearly a viable backup to mediocre starter. 2017, the first year Kaep was out of the league, we saw meaningful starts from players like Brissett, Stanton and Gabbert, Kizer, Hoyer, Siemian, and Brock freaking Osweiler. I don't think anybody can say Kaep wasn't a better player/option as a starter than these guys.

But, there's nuance to a borderline starter/NFL backup. Uncontroversial guys like Hoyer, Chase Daniels, Ryan Fiztpatrick, Brissett, Tyrod Taylor, etc. are good teammates and stay out of the news. So, I can understand why teams want these players over Kaepernick - especially if the team has an established starter.

In short, I disagree with you that Kaep "isn't that good anymore" (especially in the context of 2017). However, he isn't/wasn't ultra-elite enough to overcome the attention he received that teams likely preferred not to deal with it.

Squidrope??
@squistion alternate account
I doubt that. Squidrope was not excellent.

This seems to be a falsehood

When asked about performing at the 2019 Superbowl.

I would never do that. For what?” Rihanna told Vogue in 2019. “Who gains from that? Not my people. I won`t be a sellout. I couldn’t be an enabler. There’s things within the NFL that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way,” she said of the league.

Headlining this year's Superbowl halftime show........RIHANNA!!!!

When asked about performing at the 2019 Superbowl.

I would never do that. For what?” Rihanna told Vogue in 2019. “Who gains from that? Not my people. I won`t be a sellout. I couldn’t be an enabler. There’s things within the NFL that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way,” she said of the league.

Headlining this year's Superbowl halftime show........RIHANNA!!!!

Don't be fooled. "The Message" is simply about money (and power). That's all. There is no noble goal.

Users who are viewing this thread