What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Caleb Williams, CHI (2 Viewers)

While I understand the idea of not jeopardizing the draft slot, I have a lot more respect for the guy who owns it! Kinda funny, I guess. It's like playing not to lose vs playing to blow away an opponent. We want the invincible winner!
Why wouldn't you set yourself up to look the best while throwing to your own guys?

He's going #1 no matter what.

But that didn't stop an ACTUAL generational QB like Luck from showing up.

Jameis Winston threw at the combine and looked incredible. I think I even said his performance solidified him as the #1 pick over Mariota. It may matter in those cases, but it does not matter in terms of your success as an NFL player.

While I understand the idea of not jeopardizing the draft slot, I have a lot more respect for the guy who owns it! Kinda funny, I guess. It's like playing not to lose vs playing to blow away an opponent. We want the invincible winner!
Why wouldn't you set yourself up to look the best while throwing to your own guys?

Again, why go out there and throw at the combine if it doesn't benefit you any? You're going #1 anyway.

Again, why go out there and throw at the combine if it doesn't benefit you any? You're going #1 anyway.

He's going #1 anyways, like I said.

In essence, there's no real reason. But it's good PR, imo. It'll be used against him in the media (and on here) if he isnt Mr Generational.

I haven't bothered to look, but how many QBs who were locks to go #1 in the past, didn't show up for the combine?

Burrow, Kyler, winston, luck, newton, Bradford, stafford, and so on...

In essence, there's no real reason. But it's good PR, imo. It'll be used against him in the media (and on here) if he isnt Mr Generational.

I haven't bothered to look, but how many QBs who were locks to go #1 in the past, didn't show up for the combine?

I'm pretty sure Caleb is going to show up for the combine. He just won't do any drills. That's what Kyler did (and Bryce Young). I don't remember which of the other QB's on your list did or did not do drills.

I'm pretty sure Caleb is going to show up for the combine. He just won't do any drills. That's what Kyler did (and Bryce Young). I don't remember which of the other QB's on your list did or did not do drills.

Oops, ya confused him and MHJ. MHJ isn't showing. Caleb is showing, but not participating in drills

Whatever.

Doesn't mean anything in terms of future success, that's been proven again and again.
Not a thing. Remember when it was a big deal when guys like CMC were skipping their bowl games. As a fan it stinks, but it really makes no difference and frankly if someone was a true friend, family member or advisor to Williams the advice would have to be that if you know for sure you are going to go 1.1 why do a single thing?

Jameis Winston threw at the combine and looked incredible. I think I even said his performance solidified him as the #1 pick over Mariota
No one is overtaking Williams for 1.1 though. This example you are providing might impact Daniels vs Maye though.

Oops, ya confused him and MHJ. MHJ isn't showing. Caleb is showing, but not participating in drills
MHJ is going to the combine, but like Nabers won’t be doing any drills.

Whatever.

Doesn't mean anything in terms of future success, that's been proven again and again.
Not a thing. Remember when it was a big deal when guys like CMC were skipping their bowl games. As a fan it stinks, but it really makes no difference and frankly if someone was a true friend, family member or advisor to Williams the advice would have to be that if you know for sure you are going to go 1.1 why do a single thing?

Jameis Winston threw at the combine and looked incredible. I think I even said his performance solidified him as the #1 pick over Mariota
No one is overtaking Williams for 1.1 though. This example you are providing might impact Daniels vs Maye though.

Per Albert Breer:

Ohio State supernova @MarvHarrisonJr isn't just skipping drills in Indy. He's not at a combine training facility at all, instead staying at OSU and building towards his rookie season.

Whatever.

Per Albert Breer:

Ohio State supernova @MarvHarrisonJr isn't just skipping drills in Indy. He's not at a combine training facility at all, instead staying at OSU and building towards his rookie season.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

Marvin Harrison will be in Indy. He’ll meet with teams. He’s just not going to do the testing. And he’s not training to test now or at pro day—more valuable to him to prepare for his rookie year.

No one is overtaking Williams for 1.1 though.
Agreed.

With all the Caleb noise, no one is really breaking down his game. No one is talking about how good he is. Nope, it's:

• What if the Bears traded it for a dozen picks, and kept Fields
  • I am nervous about Caleb's attitude

No one is discussing his game. He's really, really good.

No one is overtaking Williams for 1.1 though.
Agreed.

With all the Caleb noise, no one is really breaking down his game. No one is talking about how good he is. Nope, it's:

• What if the Bears traded it for a dozen picks, and kept Fields
  • I am nervous about Caleb's attitude

No one is discussing his game. He's really, really good.
For sure.

Its' like that article I read and posted here that Charles Robinson wrote in December on Yahoo where he polled 7 NFL GM's on what they would do if they were the Bears and all 7 said it was a no brainer to trade Fields and draft Caleb. That's specific, not trade Fields and draft their top QB. That's how it is, that's how it's going down and if the Bears are not taking Caleb at 1.1 it's because someone made them an offer they could not refuse so they could do it instead.

I know Lawrence and Young didn't throw. Just off the top of my head

Watch any of his every throw vids.

His accuracy is great, but also his accuracy in throwing to a spot where a guy can make a play after the catch.

People sure have soured on both. They probably did the right thing because they couldn't help their draft stock, only hurt it, but some of these guys not participating should, such as Jayden Daniels. Just my opinion.

People sure have soured on both. They probably did the right thing because they couldn't help their draft stock, only hurt it, but some of these guys not participating should, such as Jayden Daniels. Just my opinion.
Definitely worth it for a player who's still trying to improve their position. I get the mindset that some have that you need to just get out there like a man and show what you are in every situation. I usually think that way myself, but I'm a lot older now. These guys are still kids and have a million people in their ears giving them advice on what to do. It's probably a very difficult spot to know the right move sometimes.

I have no issues with him not throwing at the combine. The interviews and medical is most important for CW. He has shown what his arm is on tape so no real need to see that and I'm sure he will show off his arm at his pro-day. The interview process and the team visits are what are the most important aspects of CW's predraft.

"If I get drafted by the Bears, I'll be excited," he said. "If they trade the pick, and I get drafted by someone else, I'm just as excited. Speaking about Chicago, they have a talented team, a talented offense and defense. For anyone to be in that situation, I think they'd be excited."

Williams pushed back on any notion that he would request a trade or wants to play elsewhere.

"I'm not pushing any agenda," Williams said. "At the end of the day, the Bears have the last say. Regardless of how I feel, I'm not pushing an agenda of, 'Yeah, I want to go. Or no, I don't want to go.' I'm excited for whatever comes."

Williams said he is eager for his "first date" with Chicago, with a meeting planned in Indianapolis this week, and stressed the importance of the first impression.

He said he was intrigued to hear about the Bears' plans and learn what the organization is like and the vision moving forward. Chicago hasn't won a playoff game since 2010 and has finished with a winning record just twice since.

"Just the constant growth and change, that's important whether you are a quarterback or wide receiver or a general manager or an owner or an organization," Williams said of what he's looking for. "Just a healthy situation -- in the facility, with the players -- and just a place that really wants to win."

Williams said he has been to Chicago once, has heard good things about the rowdiness of Bears fans, and has gone down video rabbit holes studying both Jordan and Payton, two of the city's most iconic athletes.

"I'm 22. I didn't really get to see those players," Williams said. "As the saying goes, the legends live on. That's my goal of playing football -- it's not money, it's not fame ... it's to be immortal. I want to reach that sense of being a legend. Being at the table ... and having a rightful seat through hard work and energy and time I've put into this game that we all love.

"It's appealing to be in a city like that. With legends that you've looked up to ... reach for the standard they set and try to do anything to get there."

Williams' next most speculated destination is the Washington Commanders, who have the No. 2 pick. That union would mark a return home for Williams, who grew up in the area and attended Gonzaga College High School in Washington, D.C.

"It'd be really cool because it's so familiar," he said. "There's a time and place for everything. My job and my hobby is being at the facility or on the field or watching film. Or relaxing and prepping for the next day or game.

"My main goal and focus ... is to go win games and stay focused on keeping the main goal the main goal."

Williams said he is not going to work out at the combine but will throw at USC's pro day on March 20. He is also not planning to do medical testing at the combine but will do that in his individual visits with teams.

He is not planning to sign with an NFL agent, saying he has a "whole team" of attorneys and advisers to handle contracts and endorsements.

"Everyone thinks I'm a one-man team," Williams said, referencing the symphony of work that makes an F1 team go. "That's just not the case."

He is planning to meet with the media in Indianapolis.

"I want everyone to hear me and get a feel for who I am ... so they're not throwing things out there that are false or that isn't coming from me," Williams said.

What should they expect to hear?

"Being able to see who I am as a person and my heart and love for football and winning games," Williams said. "That's what I think they'll get from it, and my intensity about being on a team and going out there and kicking *** with my new brothers. That's what I'm excited about. That's who I am."
Williams finished his three-year college career -- one season at Oklahoma and two at USC -- with 93 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions. He threw for 10,082 yards, ran for 966 more and compiled 27 rushing touchdowns.

Since USC's season ended, Williams said he worked out in Los Angeles to stay in shape and, early on, did a lot of mental work to prepare for the NFL. (He also took a quick vacation to Tokyo, where he enjoyed food that was "out of this world," highlighted by Wagyu steak. "I'm not even a red meat kind of guy," he said.)

The early mental work included studying defenses, fronts, blitzes, coverages and protections and communicating plays in the huddle. Williams said in college he rarely huddled but pointed out he was in charge of communicating the play, as opposed to schools that look to the sideline for plays.

More recently, he has been working out in Florida with noted quarterback trainer Will Hewlett, who trains Brock Purdy and others, and performance coach Tom Gormely. Other players Williams is working out with include Mason Rudolph, Emory Jones and Nate Peterman.

Asked specifically what he was focusing on in workouts, Williams said basically everything.

"We're shooting for the stars and trying to nit-pick the small things," he said. "They become big things in a long season. There's nothing really that we're not working on. ... I am a perfectionist, and I want to be perfect. In reality you can't."

When asked whether he had more nerves or excitement about the upcoming weeks, Williams again mentioned how much he was looking forward to having a team to build a rapport with.

"It's not anxiousness or anything like that," he said. "I can't wait to say my first cadence. Regardless of how good or bad, with me switching up the playcall, messing up or not messing it up in practice. Whatever the case may be. I can't wait for that moment, that minicamp moment."
Caleb's ACTUAL words.
Did not mention refusing to enter the NFL, or demanding ownership. Strange.

"If I get drafted by the Bears, I'll be excited," he said. "If they trade the pick, and I get drafted by someone else, I'm just as excited. Speaking about Chicago, they have a talented team, a talented offense and defense. For anyone to be in that situation, I think they'd be excited."

Williams pushed back on any notion that he would request a trade or wants to play elsewhere.

"I'm not pushing any agenda," Williams said. "At the end of the day, the Bears have the last say. Regardless of how I feel, I'm not pushing an agenda of, 'Yeah, I want to go. Or no, I don't want to go.' I'm excited for whatever comes."

Williams said he is eager for his "first date" with Chicago, with a meeting planned in Indianapolis this week, and stressed the importance of the first impression.

He said he was intrigued to hear about the Bears' plans and learn what the organization is like and the vision moving forward. Chicago hasn't won a playoff game since 2010 and has finished with a winning record just twice since.

"Just the constant growth and change, that's important whether you are a quarterback or wide receiver or a general manager or an owner or an organization," Williams said of what he's looking for. "Just a healthy situation -- in the facility, with the players -- and just a place that really wants to win."

Williams said he has been to Chicago once, has heard good things about the rowdiness of Bears fans, and has gone down video rabbit holes studying both Jordan and Payton, two of the city's most iconic athletes.

"I'm 22. I didn't really get to see those players," Williams said. "As the saying goes, the legends live on. That's my goal of playing football -- it's not money, it's not fame ... it's to be immortal. I want to reach that sense of being a legend. Being at the table ... and having a rightful seat through hard work and energy and time I've put into this game that we all love.

"It's appealing to be in a city like that. With legends that you've looked up to ... reach for the standard they set and try to do anything to get there."

Williams' next most speculated destination is the Washington Commanders, who have the No. 2 pick. That union would mark a return home for Williams, who grew up in the area and attended Gonzaga College High School in Washington, D.C.

"It'd be really cool because it's so familiar," he said. "There's a time and place for everything. My job and my hobby is being at the facility or on the field or watching film. Or relaxing and prepping for the next day or game.

"My main goal and focus ... is to go win games and stay focused on keeping the main goal the main goal."

Williams said he is not going to work out at the combine but will throw at USC's pro day on March 20. He is also not planning to do medical testing at the combine but will do that in his individual visits with teams.

He is not planning to sign with an NFL agent, saying he has a "whole team" of attorneys and advisers to handle contracts and endorsements.

"Everyone thinks I'm a one-man team," Williams said, referencing the symphony of work that makes an F1 team go. "That's just not the case."

He is planning to meet with the media in Indianapolis.

"I want everyone to hear me and get a feel for who I am ... so they're not throwing things out there that are false or that isn't coming from me," Williams said.

What should they expect to hear?

"Being able to see who I am as a person and my heart and love for football and winning games," Williams said. "That's what I think they'll get from it, and my intensity about being on a team and going out there and kicking *** with my new brothers. That's what I'm excited about. That's who I am."
Williams finished his three-year college career -- one season at Oklahoma and two at USC -- with 93 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions. He threw for 10,082 yards, ran for 966 more and compiled 27 rushing touchdowns.

Since USC's season ended, Williams said he worked out in Los Angeles to stay in shape and, early on, did a lot of mental work to prepare for the NFL. (He also took a quick vacation to Tokyo, where he enjoyed food that was "out of this world," highlighted by Wagyu steak. "I'm not even a red meat kind of guy," he said.)

The early mental work included studying defenses, fronts, blitzes, coverages and protections and communicating plays in the huddle. Williams said in college he rarely huddled but pointed out he was in charge of communicating the play, as opposed to schools that look to the sideline for plays.

More recently, he has been working out in Florida with noted quarterback trainer Will Hewlett, who trains Brock Purdy and others, and performance coach Tom Gormely. Other players Williams is working out with include Mason Rudolph, Emory Jones and Nate Peterman.

Asked specifically what he was focusing on in workouts, Williams said basically everything.

"We're shooting for the stars and trying to nit-pick the small things," he said. "They become big things in a long season. There's nothing really that we're not working on. ... I am a perfectionist, and I want to be perfect. In reality you can't."

When asked whether he had more nerves or excitement about the upcoming weeks, Williams again mentioned how much he was looking forward to having a team to build a rapport with.

"It's not anxiousness or anything like that," he said. "I can't wait to say my first cadence. Regardless of how good or bad, with me switching up the playcall, messing up or not messing it up in practice. Whatever the case may be. I can't wait for that moment, that minicamp moment."
Caleb's ACTUAL words.
Did not mention refusing to enter the NFL, or demanding ownership. Strange.

Whether or not they sounded out ownership stakes we'll probably never know. Sounds pretty outlandish, but when you're #1 some ppl get ballsy

But he'd never, ever admit that in an interview. We both know that.

Personally I would love to see him throw and generally agree that it could really show off his talent. BUT - it comes with a risk, if he has a bad day on the big stage in front of everyone his stock could drop. It could cost him $$$.

It isn't surprising that he isn't throwing or working out at the combine, he has more to lose than he would gain.... It is business.

Whether or not they sounded out ownership stakes we'll probably never know. Sounds pretty outlandish, but when you're #1 some ppl get ballsy

The speculation came from PFT, they posted, HEY< WHAT IF CALWB DEMANDED AN PWNERSHIP STAKE???????

With nothing from a source. Literally just posted the question.

So, you might be technically correct that there is no way of knowing. That's the same thing as me saying we don't know for sure if DeShaun Watson demanded a rubdown after every game from two 18 year-olds in contract talks with CLE. There's no way of knowing for SURE that he never asked for that. He would never admit that in an interview.

We don't know for sure if Bryce Young asked for a rainbow unicorn from the Panthers.

Those two things we don't know have the same vetting as the ownership thing.

The speculation came from PFT, they posted, HEY< WHAT IF CALWB DEMANDED AN PWNERSHIP STAKE???????

With nothing from a source. Literally just posted the question.

So, you might be technically correct that there is no way of knowing. That's the same thing as me saying we don't know for sure if DeShaun Watson demanded a rubdown after every game from two 18 year-olds in contract talks with CLE. There's no way of knowing for SURE that he never asked for that. He would never admit that in an interview.

We don't know for sure if Bryce Young asked for a rainbow unicorn from the Panthers.

Those two things we don't know have the same vetting as the ownership thing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but an ownership stake would be considered compensation and the CBA excludes any real compensation aside from what's dictated in the rookie contract. I suppose he could ask for stake in lieu of salary, but that would be such a minimal percentage. I'm curious how the lawyers would draw up such an agreement so that it would circumvent the CBA rookie contract.

Greg Gabriel
There have been 39 Combines with well over 13,000 players attending and only 1 has refused to take the medical. Telling!!!

Nothing "telling" about this. The only thing "telling" about it is that he's going 1.01 and not subjecting himself to anything that could go wrong and that would subsequently hurt his stock. That's like if your flight leaves at 7 A.M. and you've got a big meeting at the other end of it, so you stay in and set two alarms in order to get your rest and so that you don't oversleep. That's not telling. It just means you're not going to let anything deter you.

What if some team comes up with an erroneous red flag that he can't really rebut? What does he do then? You knew he was going to pull a bit of a power play with the whole process, and this begins that and isn't surprising at all. But it's not "telling."

Last edited:
Gut feeling is he is going to bust, mostly b/c so many think he is a lock to be franchise special. At this point, anything less than mini Mahomie is going to drive this dude into a ditch. The pressure is going to be insane and he didn't exactly rise to similar expectation his senior Trojan season. G/L Bears.

Gut feeling is he is going to bust

Quite possibly. You hear all the whispers about his mental makeup and demands that he's making. massraider doesn't think so, but it seems to me when there's that much smoke there's probably a fire. We'll see how he handles the pros. I'm unsure how he'll do. Mahomes light? Nobody is Mahomes. People thinking they're getting the second Mahomes are likely mistaken.

For Williams, I'd say get yourself proficient at being on schedule before anything else. Then once you do that you can go off schedule. But first, master the basics. Like Picasso painting still lives, portraits, and landscapes before cubism. Master the basics before you play like the NFL Picasso. Just my thoughts on it.

The demands and diva persona may be way overrated/stated. The playing on schedule isn't.

You know who does play on schedule, regularly, until his team needs him not to? Mahomes. The GOAT or GOAT2 NFL QB, at this point, hands down.

Didn't think we'd see another Jordan anytime soon, but then Kobe popped up from nowhere. But I am not even in the parking lot of thinking Caleb is anything like Kobe. And we have yet to see the next Jordan/Kobe. That duo appears to be a weird universe anomaly and it boggles to think we are about to see the next Mahomes. Odds are we aren't. Odds also decent that such talk and expectation would destroy anyone even remotely compared and expected. G/L Bears.

no medical?

the bears have to have some kind of safety net, do they not? like... if/when they draft him, he's REQUIRED to take a medical right?

bears have to be pooping themselves a bit... there is a legitimate chance something is wrong and being hidden, no? (again, unless of course a medical is MANDATORY prior to signing, which it has to be)

no tests, no medicals, no throwing no nothing?

no medical?

the bears have to have some kind of safety net, do they not? like... if/when they draft him, he's REQUIRED to take a medical right?

bears have to be pooping themselves a bit... there is a legitimate chance something is wrong and being hidden, no? (again, unless of course a medical is MANDATORY prior to signing, which it has to be)

no tests, no medicals, no throwing no nothing?
He's doing medical with the top 10 drafting teams. TBH, it's a good thing for the Bears. Why would you want the Packers and Lions to potentially know something odd about your QB?

The demands and diva persona may be way overrated/stated. The playing on schedule isn't.

You know who does play on schedule, regularly, until his team needs him not to? Mahomes. The GOAT or GOAT2 NFL QB, at this point, hands down.

Didn't think we'd see another Jordan anytime soon, but then Kobe popped up from nowhere. But I am not even in the parking lot of thinking Caleb is anything like Kobe. And we have yet to see the next Jordan/Kobe. That duo appears to be a weird universe anomaly and it boggles to think we are about to see the next Mahomes. Odds are we aren't. Odds also decent that such talk and expectation would destroy anyone even remotely compared and expected. G/L Bears.
I don't think (m)any Bears fans honestly consider Caleb the next mahomes. We'll take a consistent top 5-10 QB for the next 10-15 years and be ecstatic. That kind of production would destroy any and all current CHI records.

I have insomnia tonight so.

Criticizing Caleb for not playing on schedule is meaningless to me. I've watched at least 10 full games over the past couple seasons and parts of a few more. Riley's version of the air raid offense doesn't have a typical schedule. By design the QB is asked to avoid the obvious open back in the flat, TE over the middle, and other seemingly obvious first options. It doesn't press the notion of getting small chunks on first and second downs to stay on schedule. The idea is to pressure the defense with those short open routes, make it commit, then something better opens up deeper. It's not ideal training for an NFL QB like Michigan or Ohio State. I'm not a fan of it, but when it works it leads to some of those ridiculous throws you can find in his highlights. It requires a dominant offensive line so the QB can look to the pressure route then see what that opens up. Caleb's OL was dominated all year. But, I don't consider myself an evaluator of any value. Not at all. I do live in the LA media market and I do love me some football, so I have watched him plenty. He's amazing, really. He maneuvers to stay in the pocket and make the play. So the criticism of him running around too much is also meaningless to me. He is a pocket passer. He is barely more athletic, as accurate, with barely better arm strength and elusiveness than Mahomes. Yeah, I said that. None of that means I think he is better than Mahomes. He is way behind Mahomes at this point. Amazing talent. Poor preparation for the next level. He could use a year as the backup more than Mahomes did. Patrick was blessed to go to KC and sit a year with that coaching, and in return has blessed them back.

I'm more worried about him psychologically. Mahomes has been as good as any ever mentally. So clutch. So cool. I agree the diva thing is likely overstated, but blowing it out of proportion doesn't mean there isn't a potential issue here. I've seen him do some trash talky things that made me think he's a spoiled brat, immature, has that kind of personality that isn't ready for the grown *** man's world of the NFL. I'm a UCLA alum so maybe that hated rival thing influences me.

I haven't seen nearly as much of Daniels and Maye, but I like both. Again, I don't put any weight on my own evaluations or rankings, but from what I've seen I rank Williams and Daniels 1-2 and it's pretty close. Then Maye and he has pro bowl potential.

Tonight I watched Matt Waldman and his qb coach buddy on an hour plus breakdown of Caleb. They tried very hard not to say it, but they couldn't resist comparing him to Mahomes on a couple of the plays they broke down. They just make similar crazy good plays. It's no big deal. Insomnia night, so I listened to Merrill Hoge talk about Caleb for 20 minutes, then Chase Daniel for 20 more. All four of them know more than me. All five of us are pretty much in agreement, even though Hoge has said he isn't special. Have to listen to him to get that, and ultimately Merrill knows he's special. Might be seeking attention with the take. Who knows.

Didn't think we'd see another Jordan anytime soon, but then Kobe popped up from nowhere. But I am not even in the parking lot of thinking Caleb is anything like Kobe. And we have yet to see the next Jordan/Kobe. That duo appears to be a weird universe anomaly and it boggles to think we are about to see the next Mahomes. Odds are we aren't.

LeBron.

Basketball is a game of individuals. Football is a team game.

Criticizing Caleb for not playing on schedule is meaningless to me. I've watched at least 10 full games over the past couple seasons and parts of a few more. Riley's version of the air raid offense doesn't have a typical schedule. By design the QB is asked to avoid the obvious open back in the flat, TE over the middle, and other seemingly obvious first options. It doesn't press the notion of getting small chunks on first and second downs to stay on schedule. The idea is to pressure the defense with those short open routes, make it commit, then something better opens up deeper. It's not ideal training for an NFL QB like Michigan or Ohio State. I'm not a fan of it, but when it works it leads to some of those ridiculous throws you can find in his highlights. It requires a dominant offensive line so the QB can look to the pressure route then see what that opens up. Caleb's OL was dominated all year. But, I don't consider myself an evaluator of any value. Not at all. I do live in the LA media market and I do love me some football, so I have watched him plenty. He's amazing, really. He maneuvers to stay in the pocket and make the play. So the criticism of him running around too much is also meaningless to me. He is a pocket passer. He is barely more athletic, as accurate, with barely better arm strength and elusiveness than Mahomes. Yeah, I said that. None of that means I think he is better than Mahomes. He is way behind Mahomes at this point. Amazing talent. Poor preparation for the next level. He could use a year as the backup more than Mahomes did. Patrick was blessed to go to KC and sit a year with that coaching, and in return has blessed them back.

I'm more worried about him psychologically. Mahomes has been as good as any ever mentally. So clutch. So cool. I agree the diva thing is likely overstated, but blowing it out of proportion doesn't mean there isn't a potential issue here. I've seen him do some trash talky things that made me think he's a spoiled brat, immature, has that kind of personality that isn't ready for the grown *** man's world of the NFL. I'm a UCLA alum so maybe that hated rival thing influences me.

I haven't seen nearly as much of Daniels and Maye, but I like both. Again, I don't put any weight on my own evaluations or rankings, but from what I've seen I rank Williams and Daniels 1-2 and it's pretty close. Then Maye and he has pro bowl potential.

Tonight I watched Matt Waldman and his qb coach buddy on an hour plus breakdown of Caleb. They tried very hard not to say it, but they couldn't resist comparing him to Mahomes on a couple of the plays they broke down. They just make similar crazy good plays. It's no big deal. Insomnia night, so I listened to Merrill Hoge talk about Caleb for 20 minutes, then Chase Daniel for 20 more. All four of them know more than me. All five of us are pretty much in agreement, even though Hoge has said he isn't special. Have to listen to him to get that, and ultimately Merrill knows he's special. Might be seeking attention with the take. Who knows.

Didn't think we'd see another Jordan anytime soon, but then Kobe popped up from nowhere. But I am not even in the parking lot of thinking Caleb is anything like Kobe. And we have yet to see the next Jordan/Kobe. That duo appears to be a weird universe anomaly and it boggles to think we are about to see the next Mahomes. Odds are we aren't.

LeBron.

Great post. I’m grateful for your insomnia. Given all of your thoughts about Williams, what would would be needed for you to trade to #2 or #3 and take Daniels or Maye? Or is there no way you would do that?

LeBron.

Great post. I’m grateful for your insomnia. Given all of your thoughts about Williams, what would would be needed for you to trade to #2 or #3 and take Daniels or Maye? Or is there no way you would do that?

After the haul the bears got from CAR, and the amount of cap space they have available... They'd be morons to do anything other than to grab the kid, grab odunze sign some top shelf FAs and make a serious playoff run

LeBron.

After the haul the bears got from CAR, and the amount of cap space they have available... They'd be morons to do anything other than to grab the kid, grab odunze sign some top shelf FAs and make a serious playoff run
This is definitely what I’m fantasizing about, but it’s hard to have faith that it will all work out, given the low hit rate of prospects.

Users who are viewing this thread