What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Malachi Corley, NYJ (3 Viewers)

Tyler Knaeble
I can't stop watching Malachi Corley highlights...💪⚡

When he gets the ball in his hands it's an ANGER that he runs with that makes this guy one of my favorite prospects in the draft❗

Watch these highlights and tell me you don't feel the same way⬇️🔥

*Disclaimer, these highlights belong to the best YouTube editor in the game, @SEditzhd *

Great channel for anyone who loves CFB highlights like myself:
youtube.com/@SickEditzHD

Brett Whitefield
This is what a 30lbs difference looks like between a WR and a CB. Both players are 5’10” though.

Malachi Corley is a freaking tank 😂

Zachary Smith
Malachi Corley can fit into any WR room. Some Deebo to his game. Could be Arthur Smith’s Cordarelle Patterson

🔘Dense frame that operates like a RB with the ball
🔘Efficient footwork on in & out breaking routes
🔘Erases angles with burst
🔘Great understanding of space

Corley is one of my favorite prospects. He and Ladd McConkey I think are 2 guys that are being grossly underrated by the media right now. I think both these guys are better than the likes of Brian Thomas, Keon Coleman, or Adonai Mitchell. The NFL is trending more toward guys that separate and do their work after the catch, and in a draft littered with more old school outside WRs with size, they are gonna stand out.

Corley is gonna get the Deebo comps (which is unfair, Deebo is 1 of 1) but he is that type of player. Its hard to come up with a true comp for him. I think he's faster than Shenault was. More polished as a WR than Patterson was, and slower than someone like Percy Harvin was. Bigger Golden Tate maybe?

Corley is one of my favorite prospects. He and Ladd McConkey I think are 2 guys that are being grossly underrated by the media right now. I think both these guys are better than the likes of Brian Thomas, Keon Coleman, or Adonai Mitchell. The NFL is trending more toward guys that separate and do their work after the catch, and in a draft littered with more old school outside WRs with size, they are gonna stand out.

Corley is gonna get the Deebo comps (which is unfair, Deebo is 1 of 1) but he is that type of player. Its hard to come up with a true comp for him. I think he's faster than Shenault was. More polished as a WR than Patterson was, and slower than someone like Percy Harvin was. Bigger Golden Tate maybe?
I was right there with ya til Tate

I was right there with ya til Tate
What's wrong with Tate?

I feel like he was a pretty raw route runner early in his career, and he eventually became a very good one. I think Corley could eventually as well. Tate's a guy who probably would had a more successful career (it was good anyway) if he were 10 years younger.

Snoog’s Dynasty Society
Malachi Corley is a dynamic yards after catch machine.

In the right system, he can be the next Curtis Samuel or Deebo Samuel light, but situation matters.

Strong build, good in the screen game, and elite after the catch and with the ball in his hands…

He’s interesting, right now cracking my top 12.

Lethal after the catch but definitely is situation dependent

Jim Nagy
PRO-DAY UPDATE: Western Kentucky WR Malachi Corley (5105v, 207v), who wasn't able to participate in on-field testing at Combine, drew big crowd to @WKUFootball workout today.

Scouts from 31 teams were in attendance and 9 teams (!!!) sent WR coaches.

@CorleyMalachi ran two 40's, one with and one against a "pretty strong" wind. NFL scouts we spoke to had fastest times in mid-4.4 range (4.45-4.47). Only other thing he did besides position drills was short shuttle (4.26).

WR coaches present were from following teams:

𝙍𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙨, 𝘽𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙖𝙡𝙨, 𝘾𝙤𝙬𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨, 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙨, 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙩𝙨, 𝙋𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙩𝙨, 𝙂𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙨, 𝙅𝙚𝙩𝙨, & 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨

That 👆is significant interest for likely second-rounder who was voted Senior Bowl North squad WR Practice Player of Week by defensive backs in Mobile.

Corley's value might've increased today with NFL's new rule banning "hip drop tackle". #YAC👑

#BestoftheBest
#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE™️

Jim Nagy
PRO-DAY UPDATE: Western Kentucky WR Malachi Corley (5105v, 207v), who wasn't able to participate in on-field testing at Combine, drew big crowd to @WKUFootball workout today.

Scouts from 31 teams were in attendance and 9 teams (!!!) sent WR coaches.

@CorleyMalachi ran two 40's, one with and one against a "pretty strong" wind. NFL scouts we spoke to had fastest times in mid-4.4 range (4.45-4.47). Only other thing he did besides position drills was short shuttle (4.26).

WR coaches present were from following teams:

𝙍𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙨, 𝘽𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙖𝙡𝙨, 𝘾𝙤𝙬𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨, 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙨, 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙩𝙨, 𝙋𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙩𝙨, 𝙂𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙨, 𝙅𝙚𝙩𝙨, & 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨

That 👆is significant interest for likely second-rounder who was voted Senior Bowl North squad WR Practice Player of Week by defensive backs in Mobile.

Corley's value might've increased today with NFL's new rule banning "hip drop tackle". #YAC👑

#BestoftheBest
#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE™️
Scouts from 31 teams were in attendance
What team didn’t attend?
Seems like that team might regret it. Or maybe they know what they know already.

Bob McGinn's draft series begins

Excerpt:

MALACHI CORLEY, Western Kentucky (5-10 ½, 207, 4.56, 3): According to one scout, he was the best player in the draft with the ball in his hands. According to another, his run after was “as good as anybody in the draft.” Said the first exec: “He has a lot of Deebo Samuel. You can give him the ball like they (the 49ers) do with Deebo. He’s a punisher. He looks for contact. Doesn’t take care of his body. Someone will take a chance on that because that’s what’s being valued in our league right now. He’s got a unique skill set. You would not want to tackle that (bleep).” Lightly recruited out of Orange City, Fla. “He almost plays like a running back,” another scout said. “His speed is good; I wouldn’t say it’s great like some of the other guys. Honestly, you could put him in the backfield if you wanted to mix things up.” Had 101 receptions in 2022, finishing with a school-record 259 for 3,033 (11.7) and 29 TDs. “I can’t deny his stats,” said a third scout. “But he lacked the ability to run the full route tree and separate. I’m a little concerned about his overall long speed. At the break point I thought he was all over the place and didn’t have the short-area burst to create his own separation. Where he shined was on quick hitters against zone coverage. If that’s what you’re looking for he’s your guy.”

I haven't got past him having a zillion percent pass caught behind the line of scrimmage and within five yards.
I've tried to like this guy predraft but....

The issue with a guy who you need to have "a plan" for, is that maybe the next coach isn't down with that plan.

Users who are viewing this thread