What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keon Coleman, BUF (1 Viewer)

I think this is great for Josh Allen. Coleman can be what they wanted Gabe Davis to be. There are a lot of targets available in this offense. There is a need for a WR1. I'm really surprised more people aren't in on Coleman in BUF.

For those who have done rookie drafts - where do you see Coleman going?
If Coleman becomes Gabe Davis that’s probably an >85th% outcome

The hate for Keon Coleman feels like an overcorrection for how N'Keal Harry turned out
I think “hate” is too strong a word.

“Ambivalence” might be more appropriate. I just don’t think anyone cares about him much.

He’s got a good landing spot. With Gabe & Diggs both gone, he has a chance to make an immediate impact with a big-armed QB.

Will he? :shrug:

Someone in my 16 teamer took him 5th, ahead of Bowers, Worthy, & Odunze, so clearly there are believers out there.

He’s gone at 5 and 6 in two of my drafts so far. Ahead of Thomas in the first and Bowers in the last one, seems people are pretty heavily hyped about the Bills landing spot.

He’s gone at 5 and 6 in two of my drafts so far. Ahead of Thomas in the first and Bowers in the last one, seems people are pretty heavily hyped about the Bills landing spot.
Ok, so my draft wasn’t that weird - in the “post your drafts” topic people are losing it over that same thing

His was 1QB almost certainly. Yours was very weird.
Not sayin it wasn’t. :shrug: But he still went ahead of Bowers in both. Regardless of format, that’s significant.

I still can’t believe it happened, but it did. This is a savvy league, too.

Weird #### happens in drafts.

Last edited:
I think this is great for Josh Allen. Coleman can be what they wanted Gabe Davis to be. There are a lot of targets available in this offense. There is a need for a WR1. I'm really surprised more people aren't in on Coleman in BUF.

I agree with you.

I guess Buffalo does not, or they wouldn’t have spent their first pick on a player they hope becomes Gabe Davis.

Not sayin it wasn’t. :shrug: But he still went ahead of Bowers in both. Regardless of format, that’s significant.

Yeah 1QB, in that 2nd one Bowers fell to 1.07 to a TE needy playoff team :wall:

Will post to the thread once I get a chance

I’ll be the first to admit that I sometimes reach for a high ceiling low floor prospect due to gut instinct. There is failure and success, but I can always cut or trade the failures, and with time I completely forget about the failures. That’s why I’m a genius.

Mid to late 1st

I agree with you.

I guess Buffalo does not, or they wouldn’t have spent their first pick on a player they hope becomes Gabe Davis.
And that’s not even a knock on Coleman specifically. Not many WRs score 27 TDs in their first 4 years in the league.

I guess Buffalo does not, or they wouldn’t have spent their first pick on a player they hope becomes Gabe Davis
If they were really big on Coleman, would they have traded down twice before drafting him?

Does this mean any time a team trades back they're not big on the player they end up selecting? More likely Buffalo had a tier of receivers they were happy with and knew they'd get one early in the second round.

I guess Buffalo does not, or they wouldn’t have spent their first pick on a player they hope becomes Gabe Davis
If they were really big on Coleman, would they have traded down twice before drafting him?

Does this mean any time a team trades back they're not big on the player they end up selecting? More likely Buffalo had a tier of receivers they were happy with and knew they'd get one early in the second round.
Sounds about right. They probably weren't overly enamored with anyone at the bottom of the first, but still liked WRs that they knew they could get a few picks later and get some more compensation in the process.

I don't reach much into it. Means they were not afraid to miss out on anyone, including Worthy and Leggett as they probably knew that's who those teams were trading up to get. Moving back from 32 was real easy, blocked NE from Leggett(which they may or may not have known about), and got put OTC to open the next day which is always a good thing.

Bills got a ton of needs and needed some more draft capital so to me I think it's incorrect to label it as saying they are not big on the player. I would be able to get more in line with saying he was not a must have, and losing him was a risk they were willing to take, albeit probably a well calculated one.

yer. I would be able to get more in line with saying he was not a must have, and losing him was a risk they were willing to take, albeit probably a well calculated one.
IMO, that’s almost the same thing.
Compare that to Minnesota who traded up one spot to secure McCarthy.

It means they’re willing to miss out on him. Take that as you will.

yer. I would be able to get more in line with saying he was not a must have, and losing him was a risk they were willing to take, albeit probably a well calculated one.
IMO, that’s almost the same thing.
Compare that to Minnesota who traded up one spot to secure McCarthy.
We can agree to disagree but no I don't think in any shape or form taking a calculated trade back qualifies as not being big on a player, especially when they likely had offers all night to move from 33.

Got the same energy regarding Brian Thomas. Does not in any way they were not big on him, just means they got enough comp to take a calculated gamble.

And think its' a bit of stretch to comp a QB to these two. Like I said, trading back indicates it's not a must have. A QB was a must have.

It means there are significant contract differences between what is automatically committed to a 1st round pick vs. what you commit to a 2nd round pick.

If they had 2-3 WRs in the similar tier, the difference in taking them at 32 with the last pick of the 1st round vs. 33 with the first pick of the 2nd round is significant.

It means there are significant contract differences between what is automatically committed to a 1st round pick vs. what you commit to a 2nd round pick.

If they had 2-3 WRs in the similar tier, the difference in taking them at 32 with the last pick of the 1st round vs. 33 with the first pick of the 2nd round is significant.
If Coleman plays so great to where it becomes significant they can't exercise the 5th year option, I'd say that's a good problem to have.
Especially when they can just extend him after a few years anyway, and likely for cheaper

Ok. I’ll still prefer the guy the chiefs traded up to get, all else being equal. I’ll generally avoid panthers for now.

The hate for Keon Coleman feels like an overcorrection for how N'Keal Harry turned out. Basically nobody wants to be stuck with a N'Keal Harry. But I could also see a scenario where Coleman ends up being a stud and a lot of us feel silly for doubting him given his obvious physical talent and great landing spot.

The answer could be somewhere in the middle.

He was overdrafted based on talent per many analytics guys. However the Bills are going to do everything possible to make him successful.

There are other players I like more at his ADP, but at some point everybody is a buy...so the answer as always is "it depends."

I think the "bigger contested catch WR in college=NFL bust" narrative is a little overstated I think due to some recency bias specifically N'Keal Harry (who I always thought was overrated, Coleman is a better prospect than he was) and Laquon Treadwell. However, looking at WRs who were over 6-1 and 210+ pounds who ran 4.5+ and were picked round 1 or 2, you get the following names in the last 15 years:

Michael Crabtree
Hakeem Nicks
Dez Bryant
Justin Blackmon
DeAndre Hopkins
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Robinson
Laquon Treadwell
Devin Funchess
Michael Thomas
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Courtland Sutton
N'Keal Harry
Michael Pittman
Laviska Shenault
Drake London

That's a pretty nice list for the most part. I'd have Coleman no lower than 11th in rookie rankings and wouldn't hesitate to take him over 1st round WR's Pearsall and Legette.

I think the "bigger contested catch WR in college=NFL bust" narrative is a little overstated I think due to some recency bias specifically N'Keal Harry (who I always thought was overrated, Coleman is a better prospect than he was) and Laquon Treadwell. However, looking at WRs who were over 6-1 and 210+ pounds who ran 4.5+ and were picked round 1 or 2, you get the following names in the last 15 years:

Michael Crabtree
Hakeem Nicks
Dez Bryant
Justin Blackmon
DeAndre Hopkins
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Robinson
Laquon Treadwell
Devin Funchess
Michael Thomas
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Courtland Sutton
N'Keal Harry
Michael Pittman
Laviska Shenault
Drake London

That's a pretty nice list for the most part. I'd have Coleman no lower than 11th in rookie rankings and wouldn't hesitate to take him over 1st round WR's Pearsall and Legette.
What I see with this list is "guys who were really productive early on, but once year 5/6 hit, pretty much fell off a cliff"

Makes me like him less when I see this list.

Waldman likes him and Harmon kind of backed off his critical stance in a recent podcast...which is unfortunate, more fun if he would have held his ground.

Dude’s funny AF - I don’t know if he’s gonna be an awesome player but I’m gonna watch all of his pressers for sure.
He’s already one of the most likable guys in the league. I can’t think of anyone funnier- just literally everything he does is funny.

I think that, if he's stopped developing and improving, he won't work out at the NFL level. If he was a 5th year senior, I wouldn't touch him, even with the plush landing spot.

Fortunately, he's pretty darn young. If he keeps improving, he could grow into a stud.

At it stands right now, I have a handful of guys who's chances I like better, but Keon seems like a value by the mid 2nd (SF). He'll probably get drafted before then though.

For me, there's a point he's a great pick.

I have questions about the Bills to utilize their players correctly, and I think the spots he's best at, they have guys.

I can grab him at 1.12. And there is no one else there that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Probably taking Coleman and hope for pretty good to beastly.
Pretty much all chalk to this point.

Drafting from 12th position sucks, seems twice now, there was a cut line in my rankings, and the draft being all chalk, I had 2 picks I was less than excited for. But hey, its the price you gotta pay, right? :shades:

Last edited:
I can grab him at 1.12. And there is no one else there that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Probably taking Coleman and hope for pretty good to beastly.
Pretty much all chalk to this point.

Drafting from 12th position sucks, seems twice now, there was a cut line in my rankings, and the draft being all chalk, I had 2 picks I was less than excited for. But hey, its the price you gotta pay, right? :shades:
Is your draft SF? I have a few guys ahead of Coleman in SF but I do like him. Worthy, Thomas Jr, McConkey and Brooks. Usually those are picks 8-12 in different orders depending on drafts. Coleman lands in a tier with Nix and Penix after the top 12.

I'm happy getting Thomas, Brooks or McConkey at 1.12

Worthy, Thomas Jr, McConkey and Brooks. Usually those are picks 8-12 in different orders depending on drafts. Coleman lands in a tier with Nix and Penix after the top 12.

Samuel, Shakir, Claypool, Hollins? Keon and Ladd have the easiest routes to being WR1s. Keon is in a the more explosive offense. I'll listen to camp reports, but as of today I have him ahead of the usual 8-12.

Worthy, Thomas Jr, McConkey and Brooks. Usually those are picks 8-12 in different orders depending on drafts. Coleman lands in a tier with Nix and Penix after the top 12.

Samuel, Shakir, Claypool, Hollins? Keon and Ladd have the easiest routes to being WR1s. Keon is in a the more explosive offense. I'll listen to camp reports, but as of today I have him ahead of the usual 8-12.
Most drafts you don't have to reach for him. 1.12 isn't bad but he still does have a few red flags. Some people are out on Keon and that makes a few less people in your league you could trade with if needed.

Like I said I like where Keon landed but I can't take him ahead of those guys I listed and it comes down to some of the red flags Keon comes with and his perceived value. If you are late first I bet you can trade back to 2.01 or 2.02 and still get him and pick up an extra draft pick.

Most drafts you don't have to reach for him. 1.12 isn't bad but he still does have a few red flags. Some people are out on Keon and that makes a few less people in your league you could trade with if needed.

Like I said I like where Keon landed but I can't take him ahead of those guys I listed and it comes down to some of the red flags Keon comes with and his perceived value. If you are late first I bet you can trade back to 2.01 or 2.02 and still get him and pick up an extra draft pick.

1.08 in our 10 team dynasty. McCarthy and Maye both fell to the 2nd round

I could see in a 10man league where QBs aren't stretched as far some might fall. 12 man if everyone wants 3 starters it is slim pretty fast which is why Qbs go early. Most drafts I've seen so far have Coleman around 2.01 or 2.02 with the odd time sneaking into the top 12.

I could see in a 10man league where QBs aren't stretched as far some might fall. 12 man if everyone wants 3 starters it is slim pretty fast which is why Qbs go early. Most drafts I've seen so far have Coleman around 2.01 or 2.02 with the odd time sneaking into the top 12.

We are superflex as well...I think, chatting with everyone, that most people think game managers is the best you are going to get out of those 2.

Upside is huge on Coleman, I don't think most in the league feel that way about JJ or Maye

Users who are viewing this thread