What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concert Ticket Purchase Question (1 Viewer)

I’m Have not purchased many tickets for concerts, actually only one other time for the same artist we are considering now.

Tickets are for late June in Asheville, NC, to see Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. What can I say, me and the wife like us some Alison!

The various sites I have looked at have several options in our price range at $100 - $130 per ticket range available.

Question is, should I expect ticket prices to go up the closer we get to the concert or do you typically see them go down? We are 90% sure we can go, but if we can’t, we hope to be able to sell them back at close to the same price we buy them for. Also concerned about waiting to buy and not have them available.

Any direction/advice is appreciated!

My limited experience is to buy early. The better seats are available for face value. That won't be the case closer to showtime.
You should be able to sell for at least face value if not more if you can't attend. If you really enjoy Alison, buy the best seats you can afford and enjoy the show.

I’m Have not purchased many tickets for concerts, actually only one other time for the same artist we are considering now.

Tickets are for late June in Asheville, NC, to see Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. What can I say, me and the wife like us some Alison!

The various sites I have looked at have several options in our price range at $100 - $130 per ticket range available.

Question is, should I expect ticket prices to go up the closer we get to the concert or do you typically see them go down? We are 90% sure we can go, but if we can’t, we hope to be able to sell them back at close to the same price we buy them for. Also concerned about waiting to buy and not have them available.

I sell my NFL football tickets each year and the ticket prices generally go down the closer you get to the event. I say generally because it really depends on demand factors. Taylor Swift just played in my area and her tickets did not drop, but Alison Krauss and Robert Plant sounds like the demand might be different for the event. When I bought tickets through ticketmaster, it gives you an insurance option, maybe pay that and you won't get stuck.

From my experience with concerts, just like with most other things the pricing depends on the demand.

I think with someone like Alison Krauss I don't think it matters whether you buy early or middle/late, I think tickets will be available personally. However the last thing you want to do is have to buy from a re-saler and not get a ticket during the first wave of ticket sales direct from Ticketmaster, however even in this situation I can't imagine the pricing for Alison Krauss would be crazy even on the secondary market. This would all be different with someone like Morgan Wallen or Luke Combs where you would be best to get tickets as soon as they release. But the wife and I went to a Justin Moore concert early this year and there were plenty of options left with pricing being the same as when they were first released 2-4 weeks before the show.

From my experience with concerts, just like with most other things the pricing depends on the demand.

I think with someone like Alison Krauss I don't think it matters whether you buy early or middle/late, I think tickets will be available personally. However the last thing you want to do is have to buy from a re-saler and not get a ticket during the first wave of ticket sales direct from Ticketmaster, however even in this situation I can't imagine the pricing for Alison Krauss would be crazy even on the secondary market. This would all be different with someone like Morgan Wallen or Luke Combs where you would be best to get tickets as soon as they release. But the wife and I went to a Justin Moore concert early this year and there were plenty of options left with pricing being the same as when they were first released 2-4 weeks before the show.
This is spot on. For hot artists, you NEED to get in on the presale, or else you're screwed. For others, you're fine waiting. I will say that for the hot shows, prices on the secondary market do tend to come down somewhat after the initial panic buying by people who got shut out on the initial release.

I also love the advice by @Brownsfan to buy the best seats you can afford. I've never regretted spending money on awesome seats. I have, on the other hand, regretted buying inferior seats to save a little bit of money. Not a mistake that I'll make again. I was front and center in the pit for Luke Combs's last couple of shows in Chicago and Minneapolis. So damn awesome seeing him and Riley Green and Lainey Wilson right up close.

I think there is generally a bell curve of pricing on the secondary market. The level of increase/decrease is very dependent on demand and type of event. I know for sporting events usually the pricing will start to come down as you get closer to game day and the day of usually can get great deals unless it's a very high demand event (like a playoff game). I would assume concerts would be similar. As the event gets closer people trying to sell will get nervous and that can drive prices down as they just want to get something rather than lose out completely.

I sell my NFL football tickets each year and the ticket prices generally go down the closer you get to the event. I say generally because it really depends on demand factors. Taylor Swift just played in my area and her tickets did not drop, but Alison Krauss and Robert Plant sounds like the demand might be different for the event. When I bought tickets through ticketmaster, it gives you an insurance option, maybe pay that and you won't get stuck.

So we pay close attention to the Taylor Swift tickets- they dropped a little ‘. Two days before the concert the tickets were $1400 and the day before they were $800. They did not drop to the $400 threshold I gave.

I hate Taylor.

So we pay close attention to the Taylor Swift tickets- they dropped a little ‘. Two days before the concert the tickets were $1400 and the day before they were $800. They did not drop to the $400 threshold I gave.

I hate Taylor.
I dragged my wife along to Luke, so she's dragging me to Taylor next month in Minneapolis.

I mean this depends, the two NFL games I went to had the Bears ticket halve in price and the Raiders ticket double between me buying them and flying out. I'll never attempt to understand the legalised touting system the US has

I agree that they are more likely to drop as it gets closer. Best advice is look at the tour stops in the next 2-4 weeks and see how the market is.

Users who are viewing this thread