What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (2 Viewers)

took my 13 yo son to see Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly last night.  DK is his favorite band in the world so it was a perfect night.  if anyone has a chance to catch either of these bands, do it, you won't be disappointed.  
DK is fun. I saw them probably 5 years ago in a small venue, they were great. Being in the throng of people in front of the stage made me sore and feel OLD the next day.

2 of my all time favorites. What a great show!
Indeed! Nothing flashy, just 2 artists who just stand there and sing the hell out of everything.  Also caught Little Big Town and they were great as well. 

I had a chance to see George a couple of years ago in Baton Rouge, and my plans fell through. I was sick about it. Wasn't sure I'd ever make it to Vegas to get to see him. Glad they got him down to New Orleans so I could mark that one off my concert bucket list. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm going to see Florida Georgia Line tonight at Meriweather.  And I have tix for:

Imagine Dragons (Jiffy Lube Live) in July

T Swizzle (Redskin Stadium) in July

Billy Joel (MSG) in December

Elton John (Barclays Arena) March 2019

I will also be seeing Lady A and Darius Rucker at Meriweather but don't have tickets yet.  And contemplating going to Charleston for Hootie in August.  Maybe Niles Horan/Marin Morris in August and maybe Little Big Town/Miranda Lambert in August.

I just love going to concerts anymore.

Getting ready to start a stretch of a bunch of shows.

Currently planning on:
Dead and Co.
Roger Daltrey
Fleet Foxes
Tedeschi Trucks, Drive By Truckers
Radiohead
Phish
Band of Horses
Lord Huron
Modest Mouse

Also considering:
Willie Nelson , Sturgill Simpson, The Head and the Heart, and Old Crow Medicine Show
Jason Isbell
Old 97's
David Byrne
Gov’t Mule 
Gary Clark Jr.
Dead South

Osaurus said:
Peter Hook and the Light show was awesome. They did the Substance sets.  The New Order songs were solid, but all of the Joy Division songs were amazing.  Really happy I got to see this show.
Told ya.... :thumbup:

FGL was good not great.  They sounded really good but only played for like 70 minutes.

On the plus side, the crowd was at least 75% under 25 and I can't even describe how these gals dress to go to these things.  When you see one dressed "regular" she really sticks out.  So glad my daughter didn't get caught up in the whole showing as much skin as possible thing.

I'm debating on seeing Luke Bryan next week, I like, don't love him but man live music is almost always a great time.

FGL was good not great.  They sounded really good but only played for like 70 minutes.

On the plus side, the crowd was at least 75% under 25 and I can't even describe how these gals dress to go to these things.  When you see one dressed "regular" she really sticks out.  So glad my daughter didn't get caught up in the whole showing as much skin as possible thing.

I'm debating on seeing Luke Bryan next week, I like, don't love him but man live music is almost always a great time.
I enjoyed FGL when I saw them last year. Chris Lane and Dustin Lynch opened for them and they were both excellent. FGL was good, I just don't love most of their songs. But they're tolerable. I was hoping Nelly would make an appearance :lol:   

Haven't seen Luke. Really don't like much of his new stuff. But the show should definitely be a babefest. 

Thinking now that I might skip Luke and go see U2 in Philly with the family Thursday.

Has anyone seen any of their recent shows?  Setlist?

I enjoyed FGL when I saw them last year. Chris Lane and Dustin Lynch opened for them and they were both excellent. FGL was good, I just don't love most of their songs. But they're tolerable. I was hoping Nelly would make an appearance :lol:   

Haven't seen Luke. Really don't like much of his new stuff. But the show should definitely be a babefest. 
Like I said, I don't love Luke but he has a few songs that I really like (Play It Again for example).  Not sure why I dig that song so much but it reminds me of my wife even though that's not how we met.  Weird.  

Thinking now that I might skip Luke and go see U2 in Philly with the family Thursday.

Has anyone seen any of their recent shows?  Setlist?
Current U2 setlist is heavy on the new album and nothing from Joshua Tree.  They are giving Joshua Tree this tour off after featuring it last year.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Current U2 setlist is heavy on the new album and nothing from Joshua Tree.  They are giving Joshua Tree this tour off after featuring it last year.
Hmmm...so 50 new album 50 classics?

Hmmm...so 50 new album 50 classics?
Pretty much.  Here’s the set list from Wednesday night:

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour

2018-06-06: Bell Centre - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Setlist:

Love Is All We Have Left

The Blackout

Lights Of Home

I Will Follow / Walking On The Moon (snippet)

All Because Of You

Beautiful Day

The Ocean

Iris (Hold Me Close)

Cedarwood Road

Sunday Bloody Sunday / The Garden of Love(snippet)

Until the End of the World / Introduction(snippet)

(Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)

Elevation

Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)(snippet)

Desire Hollywood Mix

Sympathy For The Devil (snippet) / Acrobat

You're The Best Thing About Me Full band acoustic

Staring at the Sun Bono and Edge acoustic

Pride (In the Name of Love)

Get Out Of Your Own Way

American Soul

City of Blinding Lights

encore(s):

One / Invisible (snippet)

Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way

13 (There Is A Light)

————-

Angel of Harlem and When Love Comes To Town were added to the sound check.  Suspicion is they are rehearsing those to potentially play at an upcoming special show at the Apollo Theater for SiriusXM.

Depends on your definition of classics--they definitely play stuff from the 80s, 90s, 00s . . . hits, deeper cuts (Acrobat--finally! :) ) . . . but easily 50% is from the last two albums.

Pretty much.  Here’s the set list from Wednesday night:

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour

2018-06-06: Bell Centre - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Setlist:

Love Is All We Have Left

The Blackout

Lights Of Home

I Will Follow / Walking On The Moon (snippet)

All Because Of You

Beautiful Day

The Ocean

Iris (Hold Me Close)

Cedarwood Road

Sunday Bloody Sunday / The Garden of Love(snippet)

Until the End of the World / Introduction(snippet)

(Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)

Elevation

Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)(snippet)

Desire Hollywood Mix

Sympathy For The Devil (snippet) / Acrobat

You're The Best Thing About Me Full band acoustic

Staring at the Sun Bono and Edge acoustic

Pride (In the Name of Love)

Get Out Of Your Own Way

American Soul

City of Blinding Lights

encore(s):

One / Invisible (snippet)

Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way

13 (There Is A Light)

————-Angel of Harlem and When Love Comes To Town were added to the sound check.  Suspicion is they are rehearsing those to potentially play at an upcoming special show at the Apollo Theater for SiriusXM.
Thanks for the info.  I think we're going to pass since while I don't mind hearing the new stuff we want to hear more classics.

Luke Bryan is back on!

I'd like to make a case for the U2 show: I'm not sure if you've seen them live or not, but there is no one in the industry--certainly no band--that puts on a production quite like them.
I totally get that. However, I'd be bringing my wife and two kids who are really into hearing the U2 classics so I'm not sure the money would be well spent.

I have seen them twice before. 

James Daulton said:
Like I said, I don't love Luke but he has a few songs that I really like (Play It Again for example).  Not sure why I dig that song so much but it reminds me of my wife even though that's not how we met.  Weird.  
Same here. That's prob my fav of his newer stuff. 

Justin Townes Earl was fantastic last night. Just him and a guitar, he played for about an hour and a half. Played most of what I wanted to hear and had some funny talk in between songs. At one point he really went off on a tirade about the "opiod crisis". I know his history and the demons he and his family have faced so I can listen a little. Having said that I am not a fan of having entertainers preach beliefs to me. I do give this kind of preaching a little slack due to his history and maybe he helped someone who was there? It could have been worse. It could have been a Bono or Vedder spiel.

Anyway I really enjoyed the show. It was at the MIM in Phoenix  https://mim.org/ . We spent the day in the museum which is a must see if you are a music/historyfan. Its a really cool set up and tons of instruments. Concerts are held in a 300 seat theater that is designed for acoustics. Its really nice.

Lydia Loveless opened and she was great to . What a set of pipes on her.

Saw Danish punks Iceage Friday night at the Great American Music Hall, one of my favorite venues in the City.  It was a strange bill with Mary Lattimore opening with some exquisite solo harp with loop pedals before Iceage came on and breathed fire.

Mrs. Eephus wasn't feeling well and begged off.  I'd had a ##### week at work and was more bummed out about Anthony Bourdain than I'd normally be about a celebrity death so I decided to brave it without her.  For decades, our mosh pit strategy has been basically a defensive one.  Mrs. Eephus positions herself at the barricade with me directly behind her.  I'm much taller so I can put my arms on either side of her which offers her some protection and me an object to balance on and a butt to rub against for an hour of so.

Since I was alone this time I decided to venture into the belly of the pit for a while.  Iceage doesn't have a lot of fast songs (and they're touring with a violin player this time out) but frontman Elias Ronnenfelt inspires an intense pit while playing sludgier tempos.  Younger bands with younger audiences have wilder pit action than first or second wave punks so there was a steady stream of divers and people falling on the floor.  I pushed and was shoved for about half their set before I let stronger members of the herd shuffle me out to the fringes.  I was a bit sore on Saturday morning but Friday night was sweaty, fun and kind of life affirming.  I'd snapped a few quick pictures during brief calm moments; when I checked my phone afterwards had to delete about 60 black pictures taken in my pocket while getting bashed around.

Going to the Outlaw Music Festival in Charlotte on Wednesday. It is actually a makeup show. The festival was on Memorial Weekend originally, and all artists played except Willie Nelson who was supposed to play last, but he got sick. I didn't have tickets to that show, but concert goers were told to keep their tickets and Willie would come back with some guests, and those tickets would be honored for his makeup gig. He is back Wednesday with The Avett Brothers, Jamey Johnson, and Sarah Shook & the Disarmers. I got tickets to this one, and looking forward to it. 

Going to the Outlaw Music Festival in Charlotte on Wednesday. It is actually a makeup show. The festival was on Memorial Weekend originally, and all artists played except Willie Nelson who was supposed to play last, but he got sick. I didn't have tickets to that show, but concert goers were told to keep their tickets and Willie would come back with some guests, and those tickets would be honored for his makeup gig. He is back Wednesday with The Avett Brothers, Jamey Johnson, and Sarah Shook & the Disarmers. I got tickets to this one, and looking forward to it. 
Great lineup!!!!!!!! Will all those bands be playing full sets? 

I felt he kind of mailed it in

he was good, not great   

Very disappointed as I’m a huge fan  
That's a shame. He was absolutely on point in Dallas. Played for almost 2 1/2 hours straight and was highly engaged and lively. He also talked more than I've ever heard him talk in concert. 

prosopis said:
Great lineup!!!!!!!! Will all those bands be playing full sets? 
I'm not sure, but my guess is that they will each do about an hour set (except Sarah Shook might be shorter), and Willie will go last with many of them joining him.

Wrigley said:
I felt he kind of mailed it in

he was good, not great   

Very disappointed as I’m a huge fan  
Same for me last summer in Boise. Worst concert I've ever seen.  Totally mailed in our show.

OMG me too!
Grateful Dead channel on Sirius XM played some of their show from last night earlier today.  I was surprised by that.  Anyway, I've been looking at the set lists from this tour and they are doing a heck of a job mixing it up.   They play at Darien Lake on Tuesday, so when we get a look at that show along with the couple previous ones, we'll have a pretty good idea of what we won't get to hear.

Grateful Dead channel on Sirius XM played some of their show from last night earlier today.  I was surprised by that.  Anyway, I've been looking at the set lists from this tour and they are doing a heck of a job mixing it up.   They play at Darien Lake on Tuesday, so when we get a look at that show along with the couple previous ones, we'll have a pretty good idea of what we won't get to hear.
I'm not going to look, I like to be surprised.

You have seats or lawn?

The Revivalists were fantastic the other night. Some great jams. They also played a really great version of RatM - Bulls on Parade, which was awesome because RatM is near the top of my "bands I'm sad I never got to see" list.

Users who are viewing this thread