What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Congress Votes to Override Obama Veto of Suing Saudi Arabia Bill (1 Viewer)

Which senators abstained?

Also, "everyone else" isn't necessarily 100% fair.  As it applies to the Senate, yes, but I would assume some House members also voted against initially.
Cool, I will happily give them props. 

Doesn't look like too many were interested in getting in the way of this one, tho.
Looks like 77 House members (mostly Democrat) voted not to override the veto.  See here: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2016/roll564.xml

Found the link to how the voting went down, with separate links to House and Senate.  Things are so gerrymandered near where I live that it's tough to tell which one is actually my Representative.  Of the two most likely, on voted for and one voted against. FWIW, this is how the voting for the Maryland reps went:

District 1--Andrew Harris (R): Yea

District 2--Dutch Ruppersberger (D): Nay

District 3--John Sarbanes (D): Yea

District 4--Donna Edwards (D): Nay

District 5--Stenny Hoyer (D): Yea

District 6--John Delaney (D): Yea

District 7--Elijah Cummings (D): Nay

District 8--Chris Van Hollen (D): Yea

Senator Barbara Mikulski (D): Yea

Senator Ben Cardin (D): Yea

Bernie Sanders supported it.  Warren voted to override.  Embarrassing.  

Harry Reid and The White House.  Anyone else was asleep at the wheel, gutless, or being obstinate. 

This thread should be everyone celebrating Obama, instead they are complaining he didn't communicate enough.  You're embarrassing yourselves.  Stop.  Just stop.  
This is extremely disappointing. 

Whether Obama is right or not, when a veto is over ridden 97-1, saying the president didnt do a good job explaining his stance is probably accurate. This doesnt excuse Congress, but clearly the president didnt communicate well. 
Congress is a whole other branch of government.  Blaming administration over what's in a Congressional bill is farcical.

And McConnel is an idiot.  Always has been.

Users who are viewing this thread