What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cosell Talks: The Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

I like Cosell. I really do. But I don't understand what he did here. If he wants to discuss who he thinks are the best players in order, then do that. But to try to position this as a mock draft, but to ignore the realities of what teams are doing, just makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. Seeing RGIII listed 1st pretty much put me off of this from the start, since we already know that the REALITY is Luck is going first.
It's what he says about each player that is valuable.I appreciate the information from a very smart football guy.

I love non-consensus draft talk. But at the end of the day the experts are going to be judged on the accuracy of their predictions not on how far outside the norm they decided to go. Skip Bayless can write up a crazy mock draft to get attention, if Cosell proves no more accurate than the consensus I have a hard time understanding why anyone cares if he makes a non-consensus mock.

Keep in mind this is a guy that said Cam Newton was not worth a top 20 pick last year. He got a lot of attention for that opinion and it likely made him some money, but it was flat out wrong. I am not sure if Cosell is a mad scientist or just mad.
He's just mad. If he was a scientist that would suggest he is intelligent .
He looks like a geek. I think on some level people look at him and just assume he is the quintessential draft nerd so he must know what he is talking about.

He looks like a geek. I think on some level people look at him and just assume he is the quintessential draft nerd so he must know what he is talking about.
If geekiness implicated football knowledge, we'd all be John Clayton's personal love masseuse.

I like Cosell. I really do. But I don't understand what he did here. If he wants to discuss who he thinks are the best players in order, then do that. But to try to position this as a mock draft, but to ignore the realities of what teams are doing, just makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. Seeing RGIII listed 1st pretty much put me off of this from the start, since we already know that the REALITY is Luck is going first.
It's what he says about each player that is valuable.

I appreciate the information from a very smart football guy.
You have a link to his top 100 from last year or the year before so we can compare it to NFL production to get an idea of his football smarts?

It's what he says about each player that is valuable.

I appreciate the information from a very smart football guy.
You have a link to his top 100 from last year or the year before so we can compare it to NFL production to get an idea of his football smarts?
I''m not going to do the searches for you.I value his opinions and I think hes a very smart guy when it comes to the NFL.

I base that on what I've read of his material, and the level of respect he gets from other people in the business.

'identikit said:
'PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Wow, I don't know that I've ever seen so many people personally offended by a mock draft before.
Yeah, no kidding.Mock drafts are for the most part time-fillers/a fun exercise.When they make comments/evaluations about the players is when I take notice.
:goodposting: precisely. i couldn't really care less if they're accurate or not. the players are going somewhere and our opinions of said players will likely change depending on where they go. i think having a wide variety of scenarios to consider is much more valuable than every mock being the same regurgitated picks over and over. i applaud cosell for sticking his neck out. the analysis he provided is invaluable compared to the mocks posted on these boards.

'Wadsworth said:
I love non-consensus draft talk. But at the end of the day the experts are going to be judged on the accuracy of their predictions not on how far outside the norm they decided to go. Skip Bayless can write up a crazy mock draft to get attention, if Cosell proves no more accurate than the consensus I have a hard time understanding why anyone cares if he makes a non-consensus mock.

Keep in mind this is a guy that said Cam Newton was not worth a top 20 pick last year. He got a lot of attention for that opinion and it likely made him some money, but it was flat out wrong. I am not sure if Cosell is a mad scientist or just mad.
I guess one data point proves that Cosell is not accurate! :excited: I don't know how accurate he is, but you're the one claiming that he's as inaccurate as everyone else.

If you don't have some examples of people you think are more accurate than others, for consistency sake I expect to see you in every thread of every mock draft trashing the person who wrote it.

.... and if Newton flops here on out, is he still worthy of his top 20 draft selection?

1 season does not a stud make.

I don't think he will flop whatsoever, but it could happen. In which case, Cosell would be right

Users who are viewing this thread