What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cotchery (1 Viewer)

captbly

Footballguy
man, I cant believe I started this guy. Jets offense sux with Clemens in there. The game plan is to run the ball. Cowboys cant be run on...but they keep trying. If they dont thow it in the second half the jets are done.

WHY do they keep running?

with no fantasy stake involved, watching the jets offense has single-handedly ruined thanksgiving for me.

-biz-

kidding, of course. but man do the jets suck. how did we lose to them?!?!

I know it's my own fault, but man it hurts to have started Cothcery. He's on the bench for the rest of the season. Hopefully it doesn't end next week because of his crappy performance this week (h2h this week for the division lead in one league).

AARGH!

I won't blame the rankings. I believed he had the potential for great things today, Dallas just put too much pressure on the QB and the QB made some bad throws.

I sat Calvin Johnson for him. On the bright side, I haven't dumped Calvin yet. I keep hoping he'll bloom (consistently).

I almost went with Cotch over Marshall, per the rankings. I have a feeling I'll be glad I stuck with Marshall.

I'm glad I am not alone here. I relied heavily on the cheatsheets this week because I did not have time to do my own prep work like I usually do. I benched Calvin Johnson for Cotchery in one league and Brandon Marshall for Cotchery in another league. Cotchery was really high up there, especially in PPR leagues. But hey, those are the breaks. Hopefully the rest of my team will make up for it.

On the other hand, I had to pick four out of Westbrook, MoJo, Kevin Jones, Hackett, TJ Housh, and Jennings. Guess which two I didn't pick? Yup, Jones and Jennings. Had I followed the cheatsheets, I would have started Westy, Hackett, Housh, and Jennings. So that was my bad. It goes both ways.

I started this clown also and wished I hadn't.He's on my bench until

this QB/WR combo shows me something with Coles out.

Put me in that boat, too. Had been thinking about starting him it due to J Walker, S Smith and TJ H's injury status, but the ranking put me over the edge. Oh, well, hopefully SS and TJ come through for me, anyway!

I cut him a few days ago :goodposting:
Umm......Why?
I cut him last night for Javon Walker. Small rosters and Walker has more FF playoff potential that Cotch.
I had just traded for him a couple weeks ago. The hype was that Crotchery was going to be the man with Clemens in there. Clemens hasnt shown me much of anything. Dallas has been giving up a ton of yards recieving. That and the Cheatsheets turned my descision to start him. Also the Thankgiving guys I had had earlier.. Jennings and Hanson kicked butt...so I thought there was some Thanksgiving Magic going for me.Really wish I would have kept Marshall in.

Cotchery's upside has definitely been hampered by Clemens, who seems to be regressing rather than progressing - although I blame the OL as much as anything. As a young QB just getting his feet wet, he (even more so than Chad) needs a solid line to help, which clearly he's not getting.

I agonized over whether or not to start Cotcherry. I will not bore you all with details but I had to play 5 out of 6 and I did end up benching him, which is yet to be seen, but was probably the right call. Cotch was consistently decent last year and this year up until Clemens took over. The stars were aligned for him to have a huge game yesterday, and it didn't happen. Of course I didn't want him to explode while on my bench, but now I just don't know if I can start him with confidence anymore this year.

I wish I had traded him away two weeks ago :loco: instead of Galloway.

:footballguys: Clemens loves Crotchery....HE'S FOR REAL@#! :footballguys:

:footballguys: It's the SHARK PLAY@#! :footballguys:

:loco:

Not that my HORRIBLE WR group would have allowed me to really start anybody else, but I had to watch Cotchery stink it up yesterday too.

He was targetted more yesterday then last week which was a good sign, but that doesn't make up for the horrible numbers.

Did you know that this is the second week in a row that a pass intended for Cotchery has been intercepted?

Week 11:

(8:02) 11-K.Clemens pass deep left intended for 89-J.Cotchery INTERCEPTED by 26-D.Townsend at PIT 32. 26-D.Townsend ran ob at NYJ 45 for 23 yards (60-D.Ferguson).

Week 12:

(6:27) (Shotgun) 11-K.Clemens pass short left intended for 89-J.Cotchery INTERCEPTED by 41-T.Newman at 50. 41-T.Newman for 50 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Just had to join in on this one. Standard scoring plus 1 pt PPR.

Week 8 Dodds 16.6 Bloom 17.5 Actual 9.7

Week 9 Dodds 18.6 Bloom 18.2 Actual 15.1

Week 10 Bye

Week 11 Dodds 14.2 Bloom 16.7 Actual 6.6

Week 12 Dodds 18.3 Bloom 17.1 Actual 6.3

Did I start him? You bet. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I won't blame the rankings.
I never blame others for who I start. I use the rankings as a guide to see where others rank players, but in the end it's my call. The only time I ever let a rankings fully determine who I start is when I'm doing a coin flip on two players.

Clemens is horrible... I couldnt watch that game... I still do not understand why everyone was calling to bench pennington. Pennington has not played that poorly and I believe his ankle is still hurting him..

I have Cotch and sat him.. Probably will the rest of the season unless they put Pennington back in or Clemens starts to throw the ball better (which sucks considering how well cotch played last season and the potential with Coles being out..)

sign me up for the club... with all the thanksgiving rush, i didn't have time to research... went with FBG's recommendation (especially since both dodds and bloom had cotchery high) and started him over kolby smith.

tampa buc, that's some interesting analysis... would be interesting to do a full version of it to see what players FBG is consistently high on:

Just had to join in on this one. Standard scoring plus 1 pt PPR.

Week 8 Dodds 16.6 Bloom 17.5 Actual 9.7

Week 9 Dodds 18.6 Bloom 18.2 Actual 15.1

Week 10 Bye

Week 11 Dodds 14.2 Bloom 16.7 Actual 6.6

Week 12 Dodds 18.3 Bloom 17.1 Actual 6.3

Did I start him? You bet. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

sign me up for the club... with all the thanksgiving rush, i didn't have time to research... went with FBG's recommendation (especially since both dodds and bloom had cotchery high) and started him over kolby smith.
:hophead: #####.

Yea, I feel for the hype as well and I'm still kicking myself for it. Just another reminder that opportunity isn't everything.

Tampa Buc said:
Week 8 Dodds 16.6 Bloom 17.5 Actual 9.7Week 9 Dodds 18.6 Bloom 18.2 Actual 15.1Week 10 ByeWeek 11 Dodds 14.2 Bloom 16.7 Actual 6.6Week 12 Dodds 18.3 Bloom 17.1 Actual 6.3
Code:
Week 13  Dodds 6.6   Bloom 6.7   Actual 17.2

Hi Ready 5. Since week 1, I take the players on my 5 teams and make a note on each for both Dodds and Blooms projections. Sure they are going to miss some (R. Williams to high and R. Grant to low this week) but I'm just looking for a general consensus and still make my own decisions. On one team, Cotchery has just been a thorn in my side and stands out because I lost both AD and LJ so I have been forced to play him as a flex. Once AD comes back, old "Croch" will get splinters in his butt sitting my bench since Wayne and Edwards will be my starters. With that said, what else should we have expected.

Jets - Bad Team

Clemens - Rookie QB

Coles - Out (would have taken some pressure off him)

Dallas - Pretty good D

Equals - Bad results

Good luck with you team.

Use the Rankings as a guide... We all assume these people have this right on, pin accuracy talents, because they have a popular grouping...In reality they are no better than anyone else that looks at the game closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last two games have been disappointing for sure, but Cotchery was a top 20 WR through week 10, I see no reason to cut bait unless you have extremely small rosters. Benching him is the move until Clemmons comes around or a very favorable match up is at hand.

For those that are playoff bound there are still 4 weeks to go, and the Jets have some very nice passing match ups coming up including @Miami, home to Cleveland and @Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread