What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could use some prayers to get thru this (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
A neighbor's dog came by our fenced in yard. My dog got out to play with him somehow. The other dog pushed the gate/door in? I had no idea

I was looking for her in the woods with my fiance, whistling and calling her name. She always comes, she's a great dog. Where the F is she?

We heard a gun shot. WTF?

We're frozen and come inside to warm up. I called the cops to see if anyone had reported that they found her. Cop tells me she was hit by a car and the policeman shot her to put her out of her misery.

We go to police station. There's another dog by our house? huh? Turns out to be a neighbors dog(above) At the police station, the guy smells like he's been drinking but not drunk. He apologizes and says he avoided the brown dog(neighbor's) and didn't see ours because she was black. It was almost rehearsed I wanted to smack him.

She had a reflective collar on and it's worked so great? WTF

We walk outside with police officer. He explains she went under the car and was in horrible shape. He could explain it to us but...we say No.

He could see I was furious with the guy that hit her and said "Ya know it's not his fault. You're supposed to keep the dog on the leash"

I said "Are you Fing(stopped sentence)" walked away 5-10 steps and walked back.

We talked a little more, I thanked him for putting her out of her misery and not letting her suffer, he took our info and we went home.

Sadie was a great dog in just 2 years.

Guys here helped me name her and pick her out off the web(petfinder), matter of fact. My dogs are like members of my family, this is devastating.

BTW Neighbor's dog has been out since this morning. He put the dog in his car and went back into his friends house leaving the dog there. Dog was like a bother to him. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel for ya. I got a new little rascal in Dec.. He is 2 and chewing a rawhide behind me right now waiting for me to go to bed. He just jumped on me and said Hi (seriously). I know how ya feel, but you have to move on and give another dog a good home if possible.

Again, hate to here it partner, but you can always give another dog a good home that he might not have gotten.

That sucks. Losing a pet can hurt a heck of a lot.

I still remember when I was a kid and our cat died. I was about 11 and my brother was around 8 or so. The cat was 13 years old and got sick so my parents had her put to sleep. When they got back they sat us down and told us that they had to put her to sleep. My mom was in tears. The first words out of my brother's mouth were "Does that mean we can get a dog now?!" I thought my dad was going to kill him. :boxing:

Bri-

i feel you right now. i'm battling a neuro disease with my german shepherd that doesn't look good. if she has what we suspect she'll lose use of her hind legs and we'll have to euthanize her. she's only 7 and it's heartwrenching because the rest of her body and mind are 100%.

sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry to hear about that. I've had to put 2 pets to sleep and it's no fun at all. It's amazing how those furry creatures get to be such a part of your life.

We got Sadie to bury her in the woods near our home. We took Caesar, my pug, so he could say goodbye. (We debated this whether it's right or not but he keeps looking for Sadie so we thought it was right)

Just as I finished coverring Sadie's grave Caesar took off.

Pugs never runaway! They think they own you, totally different than normal dogs in that regard. I rarely ever used a leash with him too. Yet he did.

Anyhow, we've been looking for him for 7 hours now and can't find him. There's 4 inches of snow on the ground and he gets cold after just 5 minutes.

I can't handle losing two dogs in less than 24 hours. Please pray or (wish him well) that he comes home to us. I'm devastated and can use all the help I can get.

Thank you

We got Sadie to bury her in the woods near our home. We took Caesar, my pug, so he could say goodbye. (We debated this whether it's right or not but he keeps looking for Sadie so we thought it was right)

Pugs never runaway! They think they own you, totally different than normal dogs in that regard. I rarely ever used a leash with him too. Yet he did.

Anyhow, we've been looking for him for 7 hours now and can't find him. There's 4 inches of snow on the ground and he gets cold after just 5 minutes.

I can't handle losing two dogs in less than 24 hours. Please pray or (wish him well) that he comes home to us. I'm devastated and can use all the help I can get.

Thank you
Either this is the saddest story ever or :fishing:

not fishing!!!!!!!!!! please don't go there

I don't know what to do anymore. He's 8 or 9 and such a great dog ...is he suddenly scared of us? really running away? Or is he just being a dog with spring in the air last week.(was 60 all week last week, now it's snowy)

I'm confident he'd approach a stranger and they'd say he's cute and take him in and call us in the morning. It seems quite reasonable. God I hope so.

Thank you
Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Hope you find him.

Bri, so you're saying your younger dog was hit by a car after it got of your fenced in yard. Then your other dog took off when you were burying the first one? And you haven't found him/her yet? That is absolutely horrible. I hope things get better for you - soon!

Damn dude. Sorry about Sadie and I truly hope Ceasar makes his way home today.

Extra Snausages and ear rubs for my girls when I get home.

Just curious, but was the cop at all suspicious of DUI for the guy that hit Sadie? Doesn't sound like it came up at all even though you sensed he had a few pops.

I don't know. The guy was at the policestation a long time and when I asked I was told "that's not of your concern."

Going to put flyers up. thanks for the kind words, everyone

I don't know. The guy was at the policestation a long time and when I asked I was told "that's not of your concern."

Going to put flyers up. thanks for the kind words, everyone
:thumbdown: It absolutely IS your concern if you decide to file a civil suit against the guy. Make sure you ask the police for a report. If for no other reason than just to make a point.

Wow. Thinking of you, Bri.

I came home from the library yesterday and saw one of my two beagles wandering in the street in front of my house. They never, ever go out without a leash. Clueless to cars. Anyway, I grabbed her, but couldn't find the other one. I looked for about three hours before my wife called me and said she found her right next door on our neighbor's deck, trying to lick the grill.

Turns out I should have reminded my wife one million AND ONE times to make sure she closes the door behind her.

Feeling very lucky this AM, hope you feel the same soon.

I hope Caesar turns up safe and sound soon. But just in case he doesn't, I have a little advice for you. While you're filling in the hole out in the woods, be sure to keep your wife close by.

I hope Caesar turns up safe and sound soon. But just in case he doesn't, I have a little advice for you. While you're filling in the hole out in the woods, be sure to keep your wife close by.
I don't understand this

We all must be suckers for bringing these emotional timebombs into our lives? I'm sorry to hear this Bri. Very sad & troubling. :(

I don't understand this
I think Schmeg was saying...keep your wife close by, so she doesn't run off, like the other dog did. At least that's how I'm viewing that comment.

This is absolutely horrible. I hope he someone picked him up and just hasn't contacted you yet.

Good luck, I hope he's ok. Pugs are fantastic dogs.

Bri,

I'm really sick for you, man. It's bad enough to have a pet die, but at least there is a finality to it. You know the ending. Having a pet run away is worse in some ways. If it doesn't return, you always wonder what happened to him. I'll keep a good thought for you. Dogs have a good memory and sense of direction. Hopefully Caesar will remember which way to go when he wants some good eats. Keep your spirits up, bro.

:gang2:

thanks guys

We've walked so far looking for him. Following tracks in the snow, I think he slept under an abandonned houses porch last night. He's such a little guy that if the snow is somewhat frozen he doesn't always make a dent so it's hard to track him, plus he doesn't like snow so much so he's been walking along the street...they almost always lead to the street.

I've been back to that porch a zillion times but he's not there, regardless I'll keep looking.

Anyhow, all the "in and out" looking for him or putting up fliers etc it's nice to come back and see the thoughtful words. Thank you

Update?

I literally woke up this morning thinking about this little lost dog and Bri. I have two dogs, 8 & 9 years-old who my wife and I have had since before we got married. Couldn't handle losing them prematurely, much less at the same time...

Tell us you found Caesar...

Good Luck!

- Jerm

No luck

Today we're going door to door asking if anyone's seen him

Thanks again for the kind thoughts

well if it is any consolation, we just had our 5th fish die in the last month...

first 2 betas, then 2 carnival goldfish, and then 1 of the 2 replacement goldfish from wmt...

not to mention having 2 hamsters die in the same time period...

nothing worse than picking up the stiff body of a your sons hamster while he watches, the tears welling up in his eyes, and then the finality of the garbage lid slamming shut...

well if it is any consolation, we just had our 5th fish die in the last month...

first 2 betas, then 2 carnival goldfish, and then 1 of the 2 replacement goldfish from wmt...

nothing worse than picking up the stiff body of a your sons hamster while he watches, the tears welling up in his eyes, and then the finality of the garbage lid slamming shut...
:eek: Mine made me bury them (hamsters, birds).

:eek: Mine made me bury them (hamsters, birds).
the last f'n thing i'm doing is burying a hamster in the backyard for the dog to dig up...i already have one dog in a box here in the house, no reason to hurry the other one...

that's why I always get my kids flounder as pets. When they die, good eatin...

Not to make light of the situation, but, this is like a damn Seinfeld episode. Burying one dog while your other dog pays his/her respects. Then the other dog runs away? That's some weird, wild stuff.

Good luck finding your dog.

no news, local dog catcher says lots of dogs missing this time of year...happens every spring

Wonder if Caesar ran away because he was afraid he'd be buried next?

You never know how dogs think.

Users who are viewing this thread