What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you be married to someone that is totally opposite to you in terms of political views?? (1 Viewer)

Could you be married to someone with totally opposite/different political views?

• No

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
Hmm, I wonder if political leanings already make a couple incompatible for reasons other than the politics involved. In other words, it's not the cause, but rather a symptom. For example, if your SO cheated on you, in the moment you're ending it with them because they cheated on you. However, as time progresses, you realize you ended it as a result of a difference in values. The cheating was the symptom. The camel's back was already broken. You just didn't know it yet until the cheating occurred. 

Is it the politics that develop the values or the values that develop the politics? Do certain upbringings and backgrounds and environment produce a specific set of values and thus a certain political leaning? 

If your common values are the core of your relationship and your values drive your political leanings, is it not appropriate to conclude that different political leanings have different values? If this is the case, similar to the cheating example above, it isn't the political leanings (symptom), but rather the values (cause). 

I'm not married, so I'm not qualified to say one way or the other. Just a thought. 

Depends on the views I suppose - and if they were political. Facts, shouldn't be political but in this environment they are. There are already some family members that I am never talking to again.

Users who are viewing this thread