What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cover Songs that are better than the original (1 Viewer)

Brittany Spears cover by another pop singer...

Toxic

I think I hated the original.

Originally toxic

Also her Gnarles Barkley Crazy cover is pretty awesome.  Both were done on "The Voice", which I've never watched.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite in this thread. Live is even better.

It's Disturbed doing Sound of Silence if you dont want to click.
I go back and forth on this. It seems like a completely different song than the original. Comparing the voices of Art Garfunkel and David Draiman is like apples and oranges.

Here is a fun reaction to this song. Love who they think Draiman reminds them of. They forget to to take into account where the lyrics originally came from. It was a 60s protest song.

I go back and forth on this. It seems like a completely different song than the original. Comparing the voices of Art Garfunkel and David Draiman is like apples and oranges.

Here is a fun reaction to this song. Love who they think Draiman reminds them of. They forget to to take into account where the lyrics originally came from. It was a 60s protest song.
Yet Draiman tried as hard as he could to be true to the original. That's a 7 minute interview about the making of the cover. 

Yet Draiman tried as hard as he could to be true to the original. That's a 7 minute interview about the making of the cover. 
I will have to look at that interview. My thought about the difference is the power in his voice that he finishes the song with, it's a NTTAWWT, it's just not the tone of S&G. It works, to me it's just different.

I will have to look at that interview. My thought about the difference is the power in his voice that he finishes the song with, it's a NTTAWWT, it's just not the tone of S&G. It works, to me it's just different.
I agree about the power of his voice. He makes Simon and Art harmonizing sound like teenage boys. When he growls "prayed".... that did it for me. Much prefer Disturbed to the original. 

Leonid & Friends who toured as Chicagovich, a Russian music teacher project, is amazing covering Chicago. 

Wishing You Were Here (hot girl singing back up with old farts)

Spinning Wheel (maybe better than the studio original)

If You Leave Me Now (spot on)

These are so close to the studio versions it's tough to call them better. But if you've seen the most current version of Chicago um mess these songs up...I'd rather see the Russians live.

eta Saturday In The Park (too good)

Last edited by a moderator:
I listen to a lot of covers (one of my favorite pandora stations). not sure i would say all of these are better than the original, but i like them a lot:

metallica: whiskey in the jar Metallica (didn't like it when it first came out)

train: don't stop believing; hotel california

pearl jam: fortunate son

Food fighter: summer of 69

mad caddies: she

reel big fish: take on me; brown eyed girl

rob zombie: enter sandman

UB40: can't help falling in love with you

Fine young cannibals: suspicious minds

Users who are viewing this thread