What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowboy's Tampa 2 & LB talent (1 Viewer)

Carter is a stud there a beast on the field lee is a good tackler but carter is like ray Lewis I wish I had him

Yes both can be productive. Case and point Hardy Nickerson and Derrick Brooks in same system. I really like both guys this year and going forward. Biggest question with Carter is health, but if healthy I think he has the bigger year based on big plays and ability to create them with his speed and athleticism

Lee has been...somewhat disappointing these last two weeks. He's getting tackles, yes, but he's pretty much on the low end of the point tally for my LBs.

Not about to panic or anything, but... I am somewhat curious as to what's happening there.

I think a ton of the production you see players put up is dictated by scheme and opportunity as much as, or maybe even more than, talent

I just don't think the scheme is friendly to his position, right now, although somebody else could give you a much more informed opinion on that than I could, and this is why I'm always very leery about coaching and scheme changes when it comes to chasing numbers a guy might've put up last year.

for example, here are lee's tackles for this past week.

(5:01) 25-J.Charles left tackle to KC 20 for no gain (50-S.Lee).

(4:37) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short middle to 22-D.McCluster to KC 29 for 9 yards (50-S.Lee).

(1:47) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short middle to 84-S.McGrath to KC 24 for 9 yards (50-S.Lee; 26-W.Allen).

:-)58) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 84-S.McGrath to 50 for 22 yards (50-S.Lee).

and here are carter's

(9:39) 11-A.Smith scrambles up the middle to DAL 15 for 3 yards (54-B.Carter).

(1:24) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short middle to 25-J.Charles to KC 28 for 4 yards (54-B.Carter).

(4:05) (No Huddle) 11-A.Smith pass short left to 25-J.Charles pushed ob at DAL 26 for 10 yards (54-B.Carter).

(9:52) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith sacked at DAL 40 for -6 yards (54-B.Carter).

(3:27) 25-J.Charles right end to KC 45 for 6 yards (54-B.Carter).

(3:21) 25-J.Charles up the middle to KC 49 for 4 yards (54-B.Carter).

I don't want to pull stuff out of my ###, but I think in this defense lee is used more in coverage, while carter's job is basically to control the tackle box.

people look at the offensive side of the ball all the time and factor scheme and situation into their projections -- does your rb's coach run the ball 10x/game or 30x/game, for instance, but I'm not sure if people acknowledge scheme on the idp side quite as much.

here's an article about the tampa 2, which is what I'm guessing they run down there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread