What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Creation vs. Evolution (1 Viewer)

larry_boy_44

Footballguy
The textbooks say: "We know the earth has been constantly changing since its start 4.6 billion years ago". How? How is this known?That is the biggest question here... How do we know this stuff...That is why I am posting this...note: there will be TONS of posts in this, post at will, but realize I pro'lly won't be answering much for about an hour or two lol... }=OPSo, here goes... if you wanna wait, you can, but it'll be a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ark

Noah's ark was actually bigger than we currently think it was. The Bible says it is cubits big, 300 x 50 x 30 to be exact. The general thought behind cubits is that they are 18 inches long, because that is what modern cubits are. The problem with that, however, is that when Moses wrote Genesis, a cubit was the length from elbow to wrist (hand?), which could have been considerably longer. IN fact, a Royal Egyptian Cubit is 20.6 inches, not 18.

So, according to popular theory, the ark was:

450' x 75' x 45' = 1518750 square feet

But, using Egyptian measurements, they are:

515' x 85.833' x 51.5' = 2276505.7425

a total increase of 65' x 10.833' x 6.5' or 757755.7425 square feet more... It was 50% bigger than we currently think it was.

Now, let's look at how animals could fit in there...

the standard animal's size is a sheep. All animals, average, = sheep...

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH512_2.html

So, 250 sheep can fit in a railroad car...

Let's assume there are 20,000 different kinds of animals that need to go in pairs on the ark... That means that we need to have 160 railroad cars worth of space on the ark.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

with a 18 inch cubit, the ark is as big as 569 railroad cars... lets take that number (even though I showed before that the real ark is 50% bigger than the average railroad car), that means that the ark had 409 railroad cars worth of space left on it if the animals were in it like they are on railroads... They had MORE than enough room on the ark for all the animals... Animals could have 4 or 5 times more space ont he ark than they get currently on railroad cars...

Also, animals didn't eat meat until after the flood.

Gen 9:2-3: "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

Therefore the ark was totally plausible...

dude, let it go. We need another creation/evolution thread around here like we need a hole in the head.press SEARCH then type in Creation = see results

Why would God go through all the trouble of getting two of each animal, why wouldn't he have just made a bunch of new ones?

I find it curious that it took him one day to create life on the planet but 40 to destroy it.Must have had a lot on his plate.

DinosaursIf dinosaurs existed after the flood, there are many reasons they would die off:1. They couldn't breathe2. Man would kill them off3. They'd be a nuisance on the area around them4. Man would eat them. It would feed hundreds of peopleSo, now, why are there reasons to believe Dinosaurs existed in modern times? (we'll get there...)

This outta be a hoot.
Definitely a step up on the avitar.By the way, can't we just say this is a :honda: and move on?
not really, 'cuz there is a reason I'm doing this in a new thread...I have like 10 pages of notes form a Creation Science seminar my church is doing right now, which is where this stuff is coming from...

This outta be a hoot.
Definitely a step up on the avitar.By the way, can't we just say this is a :honda: and move on?
this isn't just any honda.this is larry boy's continuing argument for creationism based on a gross misunderstanding of not just scientific principles, but the very nature of science itself. much entertainment to follow. :popcorn:

The Ark

Noah's ark was actually bigger than we currently think it was. The Bible says it is cubits big, 300 x 50 x 30 to be exact. The general thought behind cubits is that they are 18 inches long, because that is what modern cubits are. The problem with that, however, is that when Moses wrote Genesis, a cubit was the length from elbow to wrist (hand?), which could have been considerably longer. IN fact, a Royal Egyptian Cubit is 20.6 inches, not 18.

a total increase of 65' x 10.833' x 6.5' or 757755.7425 square feet more... It was 50% bigger than we currently think it was.

Let's assume there are 20,000 different kinds of animals that need to go in pairs on the ark... That means that we need to have 160 railroad cars worth of space on the ark.

with a 18 inch cubit, the ark is as big as 569 railroad cars... lets take that number (even though I showed before that the real ark is 50% bigger than the average railroad car), that means that the ark had 409 railroad cars worth of space left on it if the animals were in it like they are on railroads... They had MORE than enough room on the ark for all the animals... Animals could have 4 or 5 times more space ont he ark than they get currently on railroad cars...

Gen 9:2-3: "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

:pics:

So Noah hopped on hi Lear Jet and picked up a couple of Polar Bears at the north pole, then scooted on down to Antarctica for some penguins. That part was easy, compared to the jungle work in South America. Spiders as big as your head, man! Anyway, it was then off to Canada for some grizzly bears...Ahh, screw it, I can't even continue the sarcasm on this ridiculously stupid argument...

The Ark

Here.

So Noah hopped on hi Lear Jet and picked up a couple of Polar Bears at the north pole, then scooted on down to Antarctica for some penguins. That part was easy, compared to the jungle work in South America. Spiders as big as your head, man! Anyway, it was then off to Canada for some grizzly bears...Ahh, screw it, I can't even continue the sarcasm on this ridiculously stupid argument...
this would be much easier if you believed in plate tectonics, because at least there would have been one integrated landmass. unfortunately, since you have to throw out the notion of a changing earth, poor Noah has to collect animals from continents separated by thousands of miles.

Dragon Slaying Legends

Dinosaur wasn't a word until the year 1851. We should notice at this fact that apes (aka - gorillas) were considered myths until 1861.

Every culture, however, has myths about dragons and great knights and warriors slaying them. examples:

King Nebucannezzer's ring had a god riding a dragon on it.

When Saddam Hussien rebuilt the city of Babylon and the walls of the city, there were things on the walls that they restored (they didn't draw this stuff there) that appear to look like dinosaurs.

There is a Roman mosaic of 2 long-necked dinosaurs kissing.

Ancient Chinese recipes contain ingredients such as "ground up dragon bone" and are meant seriously.

the dragon heads on Scandanavian ships, why are they there? What made them use a dragon head? What is the purpose? Where did they see the dragon head?

Psalm 148:7 - "Praise the Lord ye dragon"

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...

I have like 10 pages of notes form a Creation Science seminar my church is doing right now, which is where this stuff is coming from...
Do the leaders of this seminar approve on their new online spokesperson?

The Ark

Here.
Pic Of Noah?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ark

Here.
there is that and the stuff they found on Mount Ararat (sp?)...

Larry, how old do you believe the planet to be? I think the "new earth" theory is something like 6000 years or so...anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this.

DinosaursIf dinosaurs existed after the flood, there are many reasons they would die off:1. They couldn't breathe2. Man would kill them off3. They'd be a nuisance on the area around them4. Man would eat them. It would feed hundreds of peopleSo, now, why are there reasons to believe Dinosaurs existed in modern times? (we'll get there...)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Dragon Slaying Legends

Dinosaur wasn't a word until the year 1851. We should notice at this fact that apes (aka - gorillas) were considered myths until 1861.

Every culture, however, has myths about dragons and great knights and warriors slaying them. examples:

When Saddam Hussien rebuilt the city of Babylon and the walls of the city, there were things on the walls that they restored (they didn't draw this stuff there) that appear to look like dinosaurs.

Ancient Chinese recipes contain ingredients such as "ground up dragon bone" and are meant seriously.

the dragon heads on Scandanavian ships, why are they there? What made them use a dragon head? What is the purpose? Where did they see the dragon head?

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...
:rotflmao: I'm sorry but :rotflmao:

this would be much easier if you believed in plate tectonics, because at least there would have been one integrated landmass. unfortunately, since you have to throw out the notion of a changing earth, poor Noah has to collect animals from continents separated by thousands of miles.
I'll get to the continents and all that fun stuff, too...

Larry: You've already done the ark debate on here before, using the very same arguments. Are you hoping to do better this time?

Dragon Slaying Legends

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...
why is that so funny?How do so many cultures on earth have EXACT drawing of dinasours we didn't discover until the 1900s? How did the Incans have drawings of people RIDING those dinosaurs? How did the Babylonians and Romans get drawings of them? What were the midevil (sp?) knights killing when they went dragon slaying?

but, we'll get there...

The general thought behind cubits is that they are 18 inches long, because that is what modern cubits are. The problem with that, however, is that when Moses wrote Genesis, a cubit was the length from elbow to wrist (hand?), which could have been considerably longer.
Moses must have been a knuckle-dragger, then, because I am 6'-4" and the length of my arm from elbow to wrist is only 12".

The Football Freak, bigbottom, PAO, Mr.Squidward, Bull Dozier, CrossEyed, larry_boy_44, Yankee23Fan, Maurile Tremblay, Brock Middlebrook, Andy Dufresne, scoobygang, JZilla, FatMax, Shooter McGavin, Homer J Simpson, kt421, Gold Dragon, DaVinci, Bottomfeeder Sports, Lonesome Dove, Ranethe, Sammy3469, Stovespipe, KoyaAnd there you go Mr. Squidward...

Dragon Slaying Legends

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...
why is that so funny?How do so many cultures on earth have EXACT drawing of dinasours we didn't discover until the 1900s? How did the Incans have drawings of people RIDING those dinosaurs? How did the Babylonians and Romans get drawings of them? What were the midevil (sp?) knights killing when they went dragon slaying?

but, we'll get there...
:rotflmao:

Larry: You've already done the ark debate on here before, using the very same arguments. Are you hoping to do better this time?
ok, so, how is what I just said there not plausible? What is not possible about the facts I stated?How many species of animals are there on earth?And yes, all dogs are one species, wolves, collies, chihuahua, pitbulls, etc. all one species...same with house cats...we could even seperate wild big cats seperately...how many different species are there?don't dismiss stuff offhand, open your mind, actually engage stuff...

The general thought behind cubits is that they are 18 inches long, because that is what modern cubits are. The problem with that, however, is that when Moses wrote Genesis, a cubit was the length from elbow to wrist (hand?), which could have been considerably longer.
Moses must have been a knuckle-dragger, then, because I am 6'-4" and the length of my arm from elbow to wrist is only 12".
it might have been elbow to tip of middle finger, I don't remember... lol...*looks it up*a royal cubit: http://www.sover.net/~rc/deep_secrets/cubit/and a cubit is a real measurement used, just not much anymore... it really is 18" right now... so I am assuming it is elbow to tip of finger (all I can find is what they are now... so I don't know what they were then)

Dragon Slaying Legends

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...
OK. Now I'm thinking Larry is just an alias trying to make creationists look like morons. WTF do dragons have to do with anything?

The textbooks say: "We know the earth has been constantly changing since its start 4.6 billion years ago". How? How is this known?
Take a look at Mt. St. Helens.

Dragon Slaying Legends

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...

but, we'll get there...
Never mind those fossils which are millions of years old. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

ok, so, how is what I just said there not plausible? What is not possible about the facts I stated?How many species of animals are there on earth?And yes, all dogs are one species, wolves, collies, chihuahua, pitbulls, etc. all one species...same with house cats...we could even seperate wild big cats seperately...how many different species are there?don't dismiss stuff offhand, open your mind, actually engage stuff...
If knights slayed dragons in the middle ages then how come we haven't found gigantic unfossilized bones? On a side note, you are a very determined man Larry, more power to you!

The Loch Ness Monster
Well, if this doesn't convince you, nothing will.
do you know how many times and how large of groups have seen it?Also, it is 1000 (meters?) deep, the radar equiptment they used to look for it only went 700 feet deep...Also, there are tunnels under the body of water that lead to the ocean, so technically it doesn't even need to stay in the water there, it can travel to the ocean...

Actually they all lived together. The diasporia came after the flood! :rolleyes: And then pigs lost their wings.

Dragon Slaying Legends

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...
OK. Now I'm thinking Larry is just an alias trying to make creationists look like morons. WTF do dragons have to do with anything?
they were dinasours...but I'm getting there

The textbooks say: "We know the earth has been constantly changing since its start 4.6 billion years ago". How? How is this known?
Take a look at Mt. St. Helens.
Mt. Saint Helens proves it changes now...prove it did 4 billion years ago...heck, prove it was here 4 billion years ago...don't hypothesize, don't use fossils when we can't garuntee the aging of them, PROVE IT...

Dragon Slaying Legends

The Loch Ness Monster

Champ

etc...
they were dinasours...but I'm getting there
Man, you are the most brilliant fisherman on this site! I am laughing pretty hard over here, seriously. Now how the hell can we sleuth out who you really are? Bravo man, this is some funny stuff!

The Loch Ness Monster
Well, if this doesn't convince you, nothing will.
do you know how many times and how large of groups have seen it?Also, it is 1000 (meters?) deep, the radar equiptment they used to look for it only went 700 feet deep...Also, there are tunnels under the body of water that lead to the ocean, so technically it doesn't even need to stay in the water there, it can travel to the ocean...
So since people have claimed to have seen it, is proof? The only other proof is a photograph where the person taking the photo has admitted it was a hoax. Excuse me if this doesn't pass the test of reason. Do you believe in UFOs, Big Foot, and Sasqwatch?

Users who are viewing this thread