What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cruz's output this week? (1 Viewer)

bolldpt

Footballguy
What do you all think Cruz will do tonight on TNF? I have rather been staying away from TNF for the most part. Add on top of that the Giants woeful line play giving Manning no time. Looking back at his targets, he is getting quite a bit. With 12 targets last week his catch ratio was abysmal last week. I didn't see last weeks game so I am not sure if those were Manning's misses, Cruz's misses, or hurried throws not really able to be caught. Just wanted some opinions on the play of the Giants and against a middle-of-the-road Chicago secondary.

He's the #2 WR so far this season (in PPR at least). If you have him, you start him.

It's pretty simple.

Bears homer here. Our D-line is decimated and we are getting no pressure on the QB. That being said, the Giants O-line is horrible. I see it as a push. I think Eli will have one of his better games but without a consistent rushing attack the Bears DB's will be squating on a lot of routes. Then again, our DB's are banged up too. It could turn into a huge shootout!

Bears D will get turnovers but will also give up big plays. Start Cruz tonight... Tillman is still injured, we have no DT and Giants have no run game which means lot of targets for WRs

Generally speaking, what are we expecting from this NYG offense tonight? Is this going to be a typical, drab Thursday night stinker? The field conditions in Chicago were not excellent last week. How bad is Eli right now? Is Nicks also a must-start? What does everyone think tonight's game script looks like? (I'm cautiously optimistic about the Giants offense putting something together tonight but I wouldn't be stunned if they look like they did against Carolina...)

Have Cruz and Marshall going. Hate the prospects of starting WRs on TNF but the hell if I'd ever bench either.

The odds of Cruz scoring an 80+ yard TD will forever be far too high to sit him..ever.

Ugh, hard to rely on anyone in this offense right now, everyone's way too inconsistent. Still think Cruz is a must-start unless you're loaded at WR.

I don't think it's Cruz. He's getting mauled regularly and drew an end zone PI that led to a Brandon Jacobs TD. No fantasy points in being a decoy, I know. But eventually the defense will have to back off to account for other weapons. Any stud player on any given day can be shut down if the defensive coordinator wills it badly enough. Cruz was the focus of the Bears defensive gameplan. He still scored over 10 pts in PPR. That aint bad. Maybe not what Cruz owners expect, but still nothing to panic over. Better days are coming.

I don't think it's Cruz. He's getting mauled regularly and drew an end zone PI that led to a Brandon Jacobs TD. No fantasy points in being a decoy, I know. But eventually the defense will have to back off to account for other weapons. Any stud player on any given day can be shut down if the defensive coordinator wills it badly enough. Cruz was the focus of the Bears defensive gameplan. He still scored over 10 pts in PPR. That aint bad. Maybe not what Cruz owners expect, but still nothing to panic over. Better days are coming.
I tend to agree with this.

I'm just hoping the Giants get their s*** sorted out soon though. It is frustrating to lose matches by a couple of points because one of your stud players keeps under-performing.

Eli is not helping much.
I think he's fine. He did get away with a throw off his back foot that should have been picked. The pick 6 was bad. But the last pick Myers had it in his hands and let it slip thru for the pick. That's all on Myers. Eli's not nearly the problem some people claim him to be. He had his team in position to score the go ahead TD with under 2 minutes left. It's about all you can ask of your QB on the road against a stout Chicago defense.

Eli is not helping much.
I think he's fine. He did get away with a throw off his back foot that should have been picked. The pick 6 was bad. But the last pick Myers had it in his hands and let it slip thru for the pick. That's all on Myers. Eli's not nearly the problem some people claim him to be. He had his team in position to score the go ahead TD with under 2 minutes left. It's about all you can ask of your QB on the road against a stout Chicago defense.
The pick 6 wasn't Eli's fault, that was 110% on Randle. The cameras showed the WR coach reaming him on the sidelines. Randle was supposed to cut back to the LOS and instead read the route wrong and kept going.

Raiderfan32904 said:
Routilla said:
Eli is not helping much.
That last pick was on ELi, not Myers. Myers jumped as high as he could, replays show he timed the jump perfectly, and it bounced off his fingertips, not his palms. Plus he was WIDE OPEN on that play...no reason at all for a pass he had to jump for in the first place.

Many of Eli's picks are on the receivers, or caused by pressure in the pocket (but this is true of every QB)...but that one was 100% Eli.

Raiderfan32904 said:
Routilla said:
Eli is not helping much.
That last pick was on ELi, not Myers. Myers jumped as high as he could, replays show he timed the jump perfectly, and it bounced off his fingertips, not his palms. Plus he was WIDE OPEN on that play...no reason at all for a pass he had to jump for in the first place.

Many of Eli's picks are on the receivers, or caused by pressure in the pocket (but this is true of every QB)...but that one was 100% Eli.
Agree to disagree with you on that one. It touched his fingers on both hands. Eli can't catch his own passes. The reason you throw high to TE's in the first place is to take advantage of the advantage they have on safeties. But to be fair, I have never thought much of Myers abilities. He's incapable of an athletic play that belies his measurables.

Raiderfan32904 said:
As a Cruz owner I hope you're right, but I have no particular reason to believe the bolded is true. That would require the other weapons actually doing some damage. They may not, tho I suppose last night was encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread