What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutler Starting Sunday (1 Viewer)

kev6873

Footballguy
I own cutler but wont be starting him. I just cant imagine he has healed this quickly with how significant this injury was. Anyway, he is starting Sunday for sure per Tresticales.

ugh that's a tough call. He could play 2 series and reaggravate it and you get 2 points from him.

I own cutler but wont be starting him. I just cant imagine he has healed this quickly with how significant this injury was. Anyway, he is starting Sunday for sure per Tresticales.
only starting if he is medically cleared.Big if.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-cutler-practicing-bears-20131107,0,3058376.story

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler participated in Thursday’s practice, and coach Marc Trestman said Cutler has been medically cleared to play and expects him to start Sunday vs. Detroit.

"He's cleared to play so he's going to play," Trestman said.

Good news then I suppose. I really am going to have a hard time starting him.

May have to puke in mouth and start someone off waivers like Glennon instead.

Just can't deal with yet another 1st quarter exit having Cutler and Vick.

But we'll see how he progresses between now and GT.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-cutler-practicing-bears-20131107,0,3058376.story

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler participated in Thursdays practice, and coach Marc Trestman said Cutler has been medically cleared to play and expects him to start Sunday vs. Detroit.

"He's cleared to play so he's going to play," Trestman said.
ty for link btw.

I'm looking at it this way.

Green Bay is likely going to slide in the next few weeks without Rodgers. Given that situation, I can't see the Bears rushing Cutler back unless he was 100%. This game is vital for the Bears in the NFC North. After this, the next few weeks gives the Bears a chance to take control of the division. I can't see why they risk Cutler being out longer given the situation.

From a fantasy standpoint, the Bears Lions games are almost always a shootout.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up, someone actually dropped him to the WW. As a Kaep owner, couldn't wait to scoop.

He's been rock solid this season, and has talented weapons to utilize on the ground and in the air that seems to get better each week. Not elite, but a good low-to-mid QB1.

Gimme a (through weeks 1-6 before injury) 272/2/1.2 average and I'll take it, slight uptick for the Lions.

This game is vital for the Bears in the NFC North.
this is what makes me nervous that they ARE rushing him back.But I could be overly paranoid.
I guess you could look at it like that. We'll see on Sunday, but I just can't imagine why they'd put Cutler at risk long term with a 3-way record tie in their division, and the division favorite without their starter for several weeks.

Cutler said on his weekly radio show that he would come back before 100% healthy. They asked him will he wait until he is 100%. And he flat out said no. They then asked him if he was 80% or what percent and he wouldnt get into details. I infer from this that he isnt really close to 100%...I would say he is 75-80% healthy. There is no way he will have the same mobility and he will be limited. The injury will linger all year. If he was a WR, he wouldnt be playing with it. Cutler likes to move and run some too. So he will probably take more hits/sacks if he cant scramble or run.

Cutler said on his weekly radio show that he would come back before 100% healthy. They asked him will he wait until he is 100%. And he flat out said no. They then asked him if he was 80% or what percent and he wouldnt get into details. I infer from this that he isnt really close to 100%...I would say he is 75-80% healthy. There is no way he will have the same mobility and he will be limited. The injury will linger all year. If he was a WR, he wouldnt be playing with it. Cutler likes to move and run some too. So he will probably take more hits/sacks if he cant scramble or run.
Good info, if this is true than my theory is wrong.

Is there a link to this?

This game is vital for the Bears in the NFC North.
this is what makes me nervous that they ARE rushing him back.But I could be overly paranoid.
I guess you could look at it like that. We'll see on Sunday, but I just can't imagine why they'd put Cutler at risk long term with a 3-way record tie in their division, and the division favorite without their starter for several weeks.
Isn't he a free agent after this year? They might not even resign him.

Cutler at less than 100 percent is better than mccown but Jay did not play well at all until the 4th in the game at Detroit. I'm starting Locker against the Jags as my 2nd qb.

last 3 years vs the Lions, 219 yds a game, 57% completion, 5 tds, 3 ints, 4 fumbles with 2 lost.

He's been a QB1 all year before the injury. I'm not ready to write him off just yet, he could have a good game.

No link sorry. Listened on radio. I am inferring from his answers and non answers. Supposedly he did the platelet therapy to Speed along. He's into many of the alternative treatments and believes diet plays a huge role in quick healing.

Regardless. He is NOT.100% and will be limited. Guaranteed.

No link sorry. Listened on radio. I am inferring from his answers and non answers. Supposedly he did the platelet therapy to Speed along. He's into many of the alternative treatments and believes diet plays a huge role in quick healing.

:lol:

McCown has looked good - This is asking for trouble... Give him another week.
If he's ready, he's ready. What does "asking for trouble" mean?
Groin injuries are easy to aggravate - he isn't mobile, but it will impede on his dropping back, planting while throwing, and movement in the pocket. The Detroit line combo of Fairly and Suh are dirty - if he was less then 90% personally I wouldn't put him out there, but I'm not being paid to make these decisions and unfortunately probably never will.

Groin injuries are easy to aggravate - he isn't mobile, but it will impede on his dropping back, planting while throwing, and movement in the pocket. The Detroit line combo of Fairly and Suh are dirty - if he was less then 90% personally I wouldn't put him out there, but I'm not being paid to make these decisions and unfortunately probably never will.
And here I was thinking you were a team doctor.

And here I was thinking you were a team doctor.
Practice squad waterboy - I'm one injury away!

By limited I mean. Won't be taking off on scrambles to avoid pressure. Won't be as mobile avoiding rush. Thus more sacks and pressures and hits. And probably not any/many designed roll outs. That meet ur definition of limited or no? Can you only be limited if ur a running/mobile qb?

By limited I mean. Won't be taking off on scrambles to avoid pressure. Won't be as mobile avoiding rush. Thus more sacks and pressures and hits. And probably not any/many designed roll outs. That meet ur definition of limited or no? Can you only be limited if ur a running/mobile qb?
Got it. He'll just be standing in the pocket taking sacks.

I'm assuming he had to show an acceptable level of agility in order to be cleared by the docs. They won't send him out there if he cannot defend himself, especially against Detroit's defensive line.

I don't think coach "Tresticales" (love it kev) would put pouty face out there in such an important game if he didn't feel like he was ready to go.

He practiced Fully today according to the local reports.

He has had some of his best games as a Bear against the Lions at home. I'm starting Marshell and Jeffery(over Golden/Cooper) this week.

Bobby Guano said:
I don't think coach "Tresticales" (love it kev) would put pouty face out there in such an important game if he didn't feel like he was ready to go.

He practiced Fully today according to the local reports.

He has had some of his best games as a Bear against the Lions at home. I'm starting Marshell and Jeffery(over Golden/Cooper) this week.
This logic is why I laugh at the "he'll be limited" comments.

Time will tell I suppose.....that "logic" isnt the only way to look at it...

The "logic" here is that he is playing more at his own volition....that this is a contract year for him and if it wasnt, he wouldnt be risking it further....that my opinion..my logic....

I dont think the coaches are all that worried about the pass rush, obvioulsy, or they wouldnt be sending him in. Contrary to what you might believe, the Lions dont have a great pass rush. In the event they do get pressure, Cutler likes to scramble....and I'm still saying he will be limited in doing so and you may not see designed rollouts for him as seems to like so much.

I think it was the use of "guaranteed" that threw me off a little. I get what you're saying, but with how the Bears OL is playing, I don't think it will play a huge role. I'm sure they are prepared for all scenarios.

doesn't he have diabetes, he has to be more health conscious than you avg football player anyway

I think it was the use of "guaranteed" that threw me off a little. I get what you're saying, but with how the Bears OL is playing, I don't think it will play a huge role. I'm sure they are prepared for all scenarios.
When was the last time a Bears fan was able to say that???!?!

(IMHO, when Jimbo Covert, Bortz, etc. were holding down the front probably)

Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler (groin) said he likely won't wear a wrap or pain patch when he returns in Week 10 against the Detroit Lions. "If I wasn't back to 100 percent or if they had any doubts, I wouldn't have been practicing today," Cutler said Thursday, Nov. 7. Cutler didn't seem to be in pain Thursday, but he was moving around gingerly, especially when shuffling forward in the pocket. Head coach Marc Trestman said there's nothing Cutler can't do right now.

if you need a homerun, you start cutler--high risk, high reward

if you want to play it safe (you have favorable matchups at other positions and/or your opponent is weak), then start your other QB (keenum, gleenon, etc.)--low risk low reward.

Users who are viewing this thread