What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutler's Trade Value (1 Viewer)

HF21

Footballguy
Cutler just put up a MONSTER of a week. What is his trade value? It depends on needs and depth obviously, but what do you guys think is the ballpark range for a Cutler deal? Who should Cutler owners be targeting at each position?

Virtually no running game, a terrible defense and good to great receiving options? Why would you trade him right now? Seems to me he would be :goodposting: come FFL playoffs.

you will never get full market value for cutler! His value is way to high and unless you have serious RB issues or RB and WR issues I wouldnt do it. I doubt many teams would give you a top 6 RB and top 15 WR. Depends on your needs but you are only going to ship him to another contender with the potential to knock you out of the playoffs.

you will never get full market value for cutler! His value is way to high and unless you have serious RB issues or RB and WR issues I wouldnt do it. I doubt many teams would give you a top 6 RB and top 15 WR. Depends on your needs but you are only going to ship him to another contender with the potential to knock you out of the playoffs.
I don't agree with this logic at all. You must do what's best for the remainder of the season. Even if you don't get equal value. Case in point, last year I had LT, AD, and Portis on the same redraft team. I failed to move one of the RB's for help at WR because I wansn't offered premium value and I was afraid of other teams getting better. You can figure out the rest of this story.

I don't agree with this logic at all. You must do what's best for the remainder of the season. Even if you don't get equal value. Case in point, last year I had LT, AD, and Portis on the same redraft team. I failed to move one of the RB's for help at WR because I wansn't offered premium value and I was afraid of other teams getting better. You can figure out the rest of this story.
:thumbup: Sometimes it is better to take a little bit of a net loss if it helps your team in the end. As for the OP, I would actually put both up for trade and try and get the best possible deal. Figure out what position(s) you are willing to upgrade and maybe take the best offer. You may not be able to get "fair value" unless there is a QB depleted team that is willing to give up a lot for one of them.

I agree that you need to trade one of them and get the best value possible. If you do, let us know. I would like to see what kind of offers you got and what you took. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what RB/WR's would people who don't own Cutler give up for him?

What RB/WR's would Cutler owner's take for him?

This is probably as good a way as any of trying to find his true value.

I agree that you need to trade one of them and get the best value possible. If you do, let us know. I would like to see what kind of offers you got and what you took. Thanks!
I support both sides...with a caveat.If you have strong RBs/WRs, hold Cutler. You do need to think about what makes your team best, but you need to factor in other variables.1) It never hurts to have a stud back-up QB. QB is one of the most injury-prone positions in the NFL and when he goes down, he takes your fantasy squad with him (ask some Brady owners who got stuck with their pants down thinking Brady will never get hurt and picked up some scrub QB in the 14th round.).2) It depends on your competition. If you are in a division and a team can trade depth at RB/WR for a stud QB, you may have made your team stronger..but you also made a division foe and fellow owner stronger. I would not only ask about value, but ask how comfortable you would be with a scrub back-up QB for Brees (note: he has blown out a knee before and the NO line is mediocre in pass blocking.) and whether your marginal improvement is greater than the marginal improvement of the other owner.Strengthening your team via trade should always include a relative comparison...unlike trying to over-manage a squad by not playing one of your studs because he faces your defense...i.e. always play your studs is an absolute.

thatguy said:
Just out of curiosity, what RB/WR's would people who don't own Cutler give up for him?What RB/WR's would Cutler owner's take for him?This is probably as good a way as any of trying to find his true value.
This close to playoffs, it depends on your roster and the roster of your competitors/potential trade partners.If I am solid at RB and WR (which thankfully I am in the one league where I own Cutler), I don't see that I could trade Cutler and get anywhere near equal value in a capacity that would aid my team.If I were weak at RB, I'd expect a borderline RB1/2 or better for Cutler -- someone like Lynch, Ronnie Brown, MJD, etc.If I were at WR, I'd expect a legitimate WR1 for Cutler -- someone like Boldin, Wayne, Jennings, or better, etc. :lmao:

Moe Green said exactly what i was saying. Without knowing the OP roster I have no idea what his needs are. It would really depend on his needs and what he could get. By all means if there is a need you have to shore that up. If he had Fargas, Young, and MeMo as his RBs he better do a trade. That is a given and goes without being said.

Throw the line in the water and see what you catch but unless you get some great players you will never get market value and if your team is solid why trade away to potential playoff team. just my 2 cents. every FF player has to make up his own mind regarding trades. Without knowing the details its hard to say what i would do. This is just one viewpoint.

dynasty league:

i offered:

mike turner and santana moss and bulger

for cutler and 2nd round pick next year (last week) owner didn't take

he has manning, palmer, ryan, cutler and quinn at qb

granted it's a start 2 qb league, but his RBs are

Addai, Joseph IND RB and garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
thatguy said:
Just out of curiosity, what RB/WR's would people who don't own Cutler give up for him?What RB/WR's would Cutler owner's take for him?This is probably as good a way as any of trying to find his true value.
Well, BEFORE the Thurs game I traded to GET him after losing Schaub (also a Brady widow...). Gave up BBerrian and DeAngelo Williams for him. 10 team redraft. I have a ton of depth at RB and WR, so those guys wouldn't be getting starts probably for the rest of the season.

The playoff schedule for Cutler looks fairly difficult at the Panthers and home to the Bills in weeks 15 and 16 while Peyton Manning has a very nice schedule for the rest of the year. That being said, Peyton for Cutler straight up may be a nice move. Think about waiting until after this week when Peyton gets abused by the Steelers top ranked defense and make this offer.

Cutler just put up a MONSTER of a week. What is his trade value? It depends on needs and depth obviously, but what do you guys think is the ballpark range for a Cutler deal? Who should Cutler owners be targeting at each position?
Why even talk trade for Culter. Denver has a easy sch. rest of way no RB's great WR's and TE's..thats a dream for a QB!

Users who are viewing this thread