What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

D Smith to the Ravens (1 Viewer)

ffchamp1

Footballguy
Looks like the Ray Lewis, Jameel McClain, Rolondo McClain revolving door may have stopped.

Ravens ink LB Daryl Smith of the Jags

Sooo?

Dumerville, Ngata, Canty

Suggs, Brown, Upshaw, Smith

Elam, Huff

Ozzie is the best.

Sooo?

Dumerville, Ngata, Canty

Elam, Huff

Ozzie is the best.
Not sure Dumervil plays the 3-4 end. He'd be an OLB in a 3-4 look. Arthur Jones would be the other 3-4 DE opposite Canty.

Just looking at all those players though, the Ravens are incredibly versatile and can switch between 3-4 and 4-3 at will, while keeping the same players on the field.

Sooo?

Dumerville, Ngata, Canty

Elam, Huff

Ozzie is the best.
1) Dumervil will play OLB

2) Upshaw will be on the bench

3) this is from a couple of days ago "Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees says ILB Jameel McClain will regain his starting spot once medically cleared".

So, I ask again "what happens to Arthur Brown" ?

Nothing happens to Arthur Brown. If he meets expectations he is a 3 down stud for the next decade. Smith is there for leadership purposes and to compete with McClain for the other inside job, and more importantly, depth - as before the signing the Ravens had none.

As a D.Smith owner, I'm not particularly happy about this landing spot.

Honestly I would have rather seen him go unsigned until a team lost a LB to injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
SlevinKelevra said:
Sooo?

Dumerville, Ngata, Canty

Elam, Huff

Ozzie is the best.
1) Dumervil will play OLB

2) Upshaw will be on the bench

3) this is from a couple of days ago "Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees says ILB Jameel McClain will regain his starting spot once medically cleared".

So, I ask again "what happens to Arthur Brown" ?
that quote was prior to Smith's signing

MAC_32 said:
Nothing happens to Arthur Brown. If he meets expectations he is a 3 down stud for the next decade. Smith is there for leadership purposes and to compete with McClain for the other inside job, and more importantly, depth - as before the signing the Ravens had none.
In the long run you're probably right. But if Brown can't practice until training camp because of his injury, they might not have confidence in throwing the rookie out there right away.

Also, as pointed out in the Brown thread, the Ravens like to rotate their backers. This could end up being a less than desirable situation for everyone involved from a fantasy stand-point.

MAC_32 said:
In the long run you're probably right. But if Brown can't practice until training camp because of his injury, they might not have confidence in throwing the rookie out there right away.

Also, as pointed out in the Brown thread, the Ravens like to rotate their backers. This could end up being a less than desirable situation for everyone involved from a fantasy stand-point.
Ravens second-round ILB Arthur Brown (sports hernia) was participating in individual drills Thursday.
Brown isn't 100 percent yet, but this puts him well on track to be ready when training camp opens. It's great news for the Ravens, who are counting on the talented rookie to help fill Ray Lewis' shoes. Brown is a sneaky candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year honors.

I was assuming that they go with a 3-4 just because of their skill at LB but could go with a 4-3 too.

Dumerville, Ngata, Cody, Canty

Smith, McClain, Suggs

With Upshaw and Brown rotating through.

-OR-

Ngata, Cody, Canty

Dumerville, Smith, McClain, Suggs

Upshaw and Brown still rotating through.

Does either of those make sense or are you fellas thinking something else?

He's skyrocketed in my rankings.

I have him comfortably ahead of Brown.

I think you can draft him as LB#3 and get LB#2 value out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread