What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily crusher (1 Viewer)

I know it's only week 2 but any feedback on the effectiveness of this app? I tried it week one on my Samsung phone and it was very slow. It was taking hours to complete one lineup with about 4 or 5 locked players.I don't have a tablet. Maybe I don't get it.

My question is: With something this computationally intensive, why make it available only on mobile devices? Wouldn't a PC be the way to go for the most power? I am assuming the algorithm is run client side.
Substantively I think it's great. You can really drill down on options for lineups you might not have considered. I don't find it to be an alternative to doing my own work, but it's really pretty robust in terms of what it can do.My knock on it right now is that's unwieldy for managing your lineups once you create them. I can't get the filters to work properly to analyze my exposure. I also end up with a bajillion "lineups" since I can't assign a single lineup to multiple types of contests without cloning it, so I end up with the same lineup designated for "50/50, 2x, 3x, and 5x".
yeah, the filter was a bit tricky for me to learn. to get it to work, tap filter, make your choices, and then you have to tap filter again for it to load what you selected.

as for the same lineup with a different format selection, I think it has to be that way because the calculations are different depending on the selection choice. Filters is what helps me keep tabs on the formats I want.

I would like to see more filter options. Since Analyze can only run 8, I'd like to be able to tap which 8 I want analyzed if I have more than 8 with the same format selection.
Thanks for the info. Once I have some lineups to filter I'll do that.

Being able to filter the lineups will help, but it seems to me that bundling identical lineups on that 1st view would be easy enough to do w/o destroying the %ages.

Of course I'm saying that as someone with absolutely no idea how easy or hard that would actually be. I'm self aware enough to know when I'm spouting off on something I know nothing about, but not disciplined enough to refrain from doing it.

Does anyone know if there are any target numbers to reach in terms of mean or standard deviation between cash games and GPP? For instance, I know I want a lower standard deviation for cash games because that tells me my risk of a point swing in either direction is much lower, but is there a specific threshold for which to target? <23.5, <23.2, etc.?

Does anyone know if there are any target numbers to reach in terms of mean or standard deviation between cash games and GPP? For instance, I know I want a lower standard deviation for cash games because that tells me my risk of a point swing in either direction is much lower, but is there a specific threshold for which to target? <23.5, <23.2, etc.?
I can't speak to metrics on standard deviation, but you're right about wanting to limit the variance in cash games. According to the Cracking Fanduel eBook, you should be targeting 120+ points for Cash and 180+ for GPPs. The cut lines have been all over the place this year, but I imagine things will naturally gravitate back toward the mean. FYI to achieve 120 points in cash, you're essentially looking for players to achieve 2x value (60K Salary = 120 Points, so this week, Julio Jones at 9,400 needs to score 18.8 points to achieve "value."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love some more information on how you project fantasy points, ceilings and ownership percentages for the app. Do you take Vegas lines into account in your projections? I'm asking, because I take them into consideration and I may be "double dipping" if you do too. Thanks!

What is the difference in selecting between a Small, Medium, or Large GPP when creating a lineup?

I'm assuming it has to do with number of total entries, but was wondering what FBG is using as the cap for Small, Medium, and Large GPPs.

I know it's only week 2 but any feedback on the effectiveness of this app? I tried it week one on my Samsung phone and it was very slow. It was taking hours to complete one lineup with about 4 or 5 locked players.I don't have a tablet. Maybe I don't get it.

My question is: With something this computationally intensive, why make it available only on mobile devices? Wouldn't a PC be the way to go for the most power? I am assuming the algorithm is run client side.
I created 5 different cash game lineups with the app for DK this week and entered them into 37 contests (double-ups and 50/50s). Every one of them cashed. Without the app there's no way that happens for me.

Now if only I could get it to upgrade to v1.2 on my iPhone and iPad.
Just curious, but what were your scores and on which site? Was this for week 3?

What is the difference in selecting between a Small, Medium, or Large GPP when creating a lineup?

I'm assuming it has to do with number of total entries, but was wondering what FBG is using as the cap for Small, Medium, and Large GPPs.
Just that it sets the target percentile finish automatically. That's the important number. Ie, in a 100 lineup contest, where do you want to finish? top 5 = top 5% target percentile finish.

I'd love some more information on how you project fantasy points, ceilings and ownership percentages for the app. Do you take Vegas lines into account in your projections? I'm asking, because I take them into consideration and I may be "double dipping" if you do too. Thanks!
Certainly what the projectors think scores of games will be has a huge factor in our projections, yes!

Great app. It has been very helpful when tinkering with optimizing lineups. Once I have determined the the lineups that I am going to roll with, I have found it especially useful in keeping myself organized with the amount of exposure I'd like to have for each player.

One thing that I would love to see added though, is the "Targets" stats to be included in each of the necessary tabs. (Proj, Season & Matchup). This would be very helpful to narrow down between players. Please make this happen. TIA.

When will week 7 projections for DraftKings be available in the Crusher app? I've paid for them, but when I try to create a DK lineup I get a message that says "Week 7 lineups are not yet available. No daily prices are yet available. Please check back later!"

I'm asking the same question Rock Lonemilk. I thought the projections for DraftKings would be up no later than this morning, Wednesday 10/21 but now it's almost 11:30am and I still get the "Check Again" button. Pretty frustrating when you pay for some thing and it's not ready yet. However, the "Free" one for this week is up and running. Seems a little backwards to me.

I know this is a bit of a necro, apologies for that.  What resource do you guys use for DFS projections?  Is FBG still doing that and if so, where will it be?  I miss this app for that alone.

Users who are viewing this thread