What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daniel Thomas' (1 Viewer)

big country

Footballguy
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel confirms that Daniel Thomas' hamstring injury "flared up" in Thursday's practice.

The Sun-Sentinel's headline reads that the Dolphins are "concerned" about Thomas' hamstring, but they failed to follow up with details beyond the flare-up. Fantasy owners need to check back on Friday afternoon to assure that Thomas' setback wasn't major. Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

maybe they knew about this or were already concerned which resulted in the slaton signing. did he even practice wednesday? weird. i guess we will know more later :popcorn:

Fox radio was talking about how the Dolphins must have really wanted Slaton since they put a claim for him on waivers, even though they probably could of waited to pick him up as a free agent and saved a lot of salary. Guess now we know why....

If you own Reggie, don't let this info fool you into starting him. I did twice this year and probably a handful last year. No more.

Daniel Thomas suffers setback with hamstring

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 30, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT

Just when the Dolphins appeared to have found a solid option at running back, rookieDaniel Thomas is hurt again.

His month-old hamstring issue flared up againat practice Thursday, and he missed Friday’s session according to the Palm Beach Post.

Miami may have to roll with Reggie Bush,Lex Hilliard, and new pickup Steve Slatonon Sunday in San Diego. We’d like to see what Hilliard could do with an expanded role.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?p=157797

From Rotoworld:

Daniel Thomas (hamstring) was held out of practice on Friday.

"Thomas' absence is a major concern after his early-season hamstring injury "flared up" in Thursday's practice. At this point, he can't be expected to play against the Chargers. We wouldn't go rushing to the waiver wire to add Steve Slaton just yet; he doesn't even know the offense. If Thomas does sit out, Reggie Bush is a good bet for 15-20 touches with Lex Hilliard handling short-yardage work."

Miami has a bye week next week and then they play on Monday night. That's 2 and a half weeks from the hammy flare-up.

If Thomas is questionable two weeks from now, you probably can't afford to wait for info on a line-up decision. Plus it's not a great match-up.

Any new reports on Thomas' availability on Monday??? Last I saw was a reporter commenting that he was running tentative earlier this week. Also noticed he's been sliding down the rankings as the week goes on...

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this guy's outlook? He's been offered to me for my 2.09 pick. I've got R.Bush and am planning to take L.Miller at 1.09. If I don't make the trade I would most likely use 2.09 on T.Gannaway to pair with my S.Greene/J.McKnight.

Did the hammy inhibit him a lot last year? Was his performance last year indicative of his talent level?

Daniel Thomas for a rookie 2.09? I would jump all over that.

He was a mid-first round rookie pick when he came out of college. Bush's surprise season grounded him last year, but he's still a pretty talented back and he's going to get his shots at a decent amount of touches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas looked pretty good last year when he wasn't hurt. I think him and Bush have different skill sets, so they co co-exist in the offense. Not sure what Miller does to his value though..

I will give up a 2.09 for him though..

Did the deal. Funny thing is... this guy gave me a 2013 2nd rounder last year to move up one spot to take D.Thomas. And I just gave him a 2012 2nd-rounder for him. Does that mean I got him for free? :unsure:

there has to be a better thread than this to tie to this years DT discussion, no?
I usually just go by thread title, and this one mentions Thomas in the title and Bush in the subtitle. The other one says 2011, another one has Thomas lumped in with other RB's, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread