What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DaShon Polk LB Houston! (1 Viewer)

TWindis

Footballguy
I noticed Polk went 6-1 in place of Wong last night in that horrible performance by Houston!! Seems to me as much as there defense is on the field Greenwood and Polk should rack up the tackles. What are everyone's thoughts?? :confused:

Polk should start for Wong and given their defensive scheme he should be OK the rest of the year. I was hoping they would move Peek to the inside.Given, however, how poor the Texans are playing, anything is possible. I dont think anyone's job is safe in Houston.

Polk, of course, went on to post stellar stats the rest of the way last season.

I know he's slated to just be a backup this season, but if he's able to grab a starting job he could again be very explosive.

Anyone have any further insight?

I know he's slated to just be a backup this season, but if he's able to grab a starting job he could again be very explosive.

What I have read suggests that Polk may be cut outright during camp ...At least that is the speculation on the Texans boards ...

You have Ranier/Cowart/Ryans all ahead of him fighting for one starting spot with Orr and Greenwood ...

What I have read suggests that Polk may be cut outright during camp ...At least that is the speculation on the Texans boards ...

You have Ranier/Cowart/Ryans all ahead of him fighting for one starting spot with Orr and Greenwood ...
I've seen much the same speculation. Surprising, given his numbers, but it's probably a similar situation to Jay Foreman (and to a lesser extent, Jamie Sharper). Replacement level player in a supremely good situation making the best of it. Depending on whether Wong can stay of the PUP list entering camp, it's probably Polk/Rainer/Barrett Green for one roster spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the latest news on the Texans' LB front...wong may actually be ready for the season, but will be SLB

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...nt/4063359.html

Wong could be ready for Texans opener

By MEGAN MANFULL

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Earlier in the offseason, Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he hoped veteran linebacker Kailee Wong would be healthy enough to play halfway through the season. That timetable has changed dramatically.

Wong has made tremendous strides in recent weeks, and now Kubiak is optimistic that Wong will be ready to play in the season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sept. 10.

One of the Texans' biggest concerns on defense is at linebacker, but the return of a healthy Wong would ease those concerns considerably.

"Some of the best news I've heard is that Kailee's ahead of schedule," Kubiak said. "I'm really excited about his progress. I think he's going to be ready to play, and if he is, he'll really help us. He's got talent, intelligence and experience. We're going to be smart with him, though."

Wong underwent two major knee surgeries last season, and there was speculation that his career might be over. Doctors and team trainers told Wong that if his knee healed quickly, he might be ready midway through the 2006 season.

Wong always remained optimistic he could defy those odds, and he is confident he will.

"In this last month or so, I've kind of shown people about where I'm at," Wong said. "With that being said, I still have a lot to prove. I still must show them I am doing really well and making the kind of progress needed to get on the field."

The Texans, who will limit him at the start of training camp, are looking forward to adding his versatility and nine-years of experience to the linebackers.

Wong spent four seasons playing in a 4-3 system with the Minnesota Vikings out of college. His first two seasons were spent at strongside linebacker and his last two were at middle linebacker.

He played outside linebacker during his first four seasons in Houston. This year, the new coaching staff has him studying SAM and MIC, with the likelihood that he will start practicing at SAM.

"It will probably be where they think I best fit in," Wong said. "Either one is fine with me. I just want to get back on the field."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread