What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Dodds (1 Viewer)

TSquaredUA

Footballguy
Hey just wanted to say I loved reading your blog the last 2 years. I was sad to see it go, but know you guys are busy with other things. I know you killed it on FanDuel the last 2 seasons and I used your winnings as a measuring stick for my own.

I was wondering if you're in the black this year on FanDuel? Personally I started out really hot, but after this week I'm going to barely be up on the season.

Hey just wanted to say I loved reading your blog the last 2 years. I was sad to see it go, but know you guys are busy with other things. I know you killed it on FanDuel the last 2 seasons and I used your winnings as a measuring stick for my own.

I was wondering if you're in the black this year on FanDuel? Personally I started out really hot, but after this week I'm going to barely be up on the season.
I am struggling to win consistently. I started pretty good and had one great week where I won nearly everything I entered. Lately, I am finding myself on the wrong side of a lot of coin flips each week. This week I preferred Bell to Freeman and Gurley for instance. I also loved Mike Evans who seemed a lock at a lot of targets. Both flopped.

For the NFL season, I entered this week down about $600, but do have about 35 tickets to various Championship Series finals in week 11. Those have value around $2,500, but the number will come in a lot higher or lower depending how I do in week 11. This week, I find myself down again, but I have a lot of Cam / Olsen which could turn things around.

Here is what I have noticed from the NFL season so far:

- The Thursday games are way easier to beat. Not many analysts have better numbers / understanding of situations than FBG early in the week. But with each podcast, and more and more study a lot better info exists by Sunday.

- The small / off slates have been easier for me to beat. Maybe it's been random or I just don't have nearly as many coin-flips.

- The main slate is becoming quite HARD on most weeks (at least for me).

It feels like the best winning players are becoming a bigger percentage of the entries across the board making the games harder.

I am encouraged by what FanDuel is doing with capping the lower priced games. That should help the ecosystem a bit

Last edited by a moderator:

I am struggling to win consistently. I started pretty good and had one great week where I won nearly everything I entered. Lately, I am finding myself on the wrong side of a lot of coin flips each week. This week I preferred Bell to Freeman and Gurley for instance. I also loved Mike Evans who seemed a lock at a lot of targets. Both flopped.

For the NFL season, I entered this week down about $600, but do have about 35 tickets to various Championship Series finals in week 11. Those have value around $2,500, but the number will come in a lot higher or lower depending how I do in week 11. This week, I find myself down again, but I have a lot of Cam / Olsen which could turn things around.

Here is what I have noticed from the NFL season so far:

- The Thursday games are way easier to beat. Not many analysts have better numbers / understanding of situations than FBG early in the week. But with each podcast, and more and more study a lot better info exists by Sunday.

- The small / off slates have been easier for me to beat. Maybe it's been random or I just don't have nearly as many coin-flips.

- The main slate is becoming quite HARD on most weeks (at least for me).

It feels like the best winning players are becoming a bigger percentage of the entries across the board making the games harder.

I am encouraged by what FanDuel is doing with capping the lower priced games. That should help the ecosystem a bit
I would love to hear your thoughts on limiting the number of entries in the low-stakes contests. Had it really become that much of s problem? Last year your data revealed that you fared much better at the lower dollar cash games. Has that dynamic changed thus far this year?

I've been doing better on the sites with the bigger rosters this season. Most of my profits this season have come on FantasyAces as the deeper the roster the more of a true skill game it is in my opinion. It is much more difficult to get completely wiped out by one injury or one under performer. For example, this week I had Mettenberger, Bell, Evans and still going to cash in all of my 50/50's as these misses were offset by players who hit such as Jeffrey, Cutler, Diggs.

A bad week is definitely coming for me as I still have all 50 of my Survivor lineups on FanDuel, which just from a pure statistical standpoint is showing that there is going to be a correction coming.

The one thing that I would say is to trust your methodology, trust your research. The NFL is such a small sample size year in and year out that even the best players have a down year. With only 16 weeks, a losing streak of 3-4 weeks in a row can wipe out the profits for the year. This is different than other sports, where the sample size is 100+ days.

I've been doing better on the sites with the bigger rosters this season. Most of my profits this season have come on FantasyAces as the deeper the roster the more of a true skill game it is in my opinion. It is much more difficult to get completely wiped out by one injury or one under performer. For example, this week I had Mettenberger, Bell, Evans and still going to cash in all of my 50/50's as these misses were offset by players who hit such as Jeffrey, Cutler, Diggs.
Yeah the smaller sites with overlay is where it's at. Their bigger GPPs have only been filling about 60% recently. Also not a lot of websites offer projections for the smaller sites so the FBG value charts come in handy.

Also sad to see last year's blog go. I know the new FBG blog is free, but the majority of posts are basically links to FBG subscriber content, which you either can't access or would have found anyway if you are a subscriber. It's not nearly as valuable or interesting, to be honest.

Also sad to see last year's blog go. I know the new FBG blog is free, but the majority of posts are basically links to FBG subscriber content, which you either can't access or would have found anyway if you are a subscriber. It's not nearly as valuable or interesting, to be honest.
This is a fair point, Ronnie, and it's something we are aware of...Joe, David, and Sig hired some new staff this year to help build the DFS infrastructure on the site, but I think I speak for nearly every DFS staffer when I say that those individuals are running full-throttle on producing content for the site. Between podcasts, roundtables, creating projections, Wisdom of the Staff, lineups, articles, features, and other collaborative pieces, we're finding it difficult to get additional free content on the blogs.

That said, we are trying. Just today, the college DFS guys (specifically, Devin) posted a free breakdown of the mid-week MAC slate on the Cracking DK blog. So keep your eye on them because non-subscriber stuff does pop on there every week...we'll keep trying to increase that activity moving forward. Thanks.

This is a fair point, Ronnie, and it's something we are aware of...Joe, David, and Sig hired some new staff this year to help build the DFS infrastructure on the site, but I think I speak for nearly every DFS staffer when I say that those individuals are running full-throttle on producing content for the site. Between podcasts, roundtables, creating projections, Wisdom of the Staff, lineups, articles, features, and other collaborative pieces, we're finding it difficult to get additional free content on the blogs.

That said, we are trying. Just today, the college DFS guys (specifically, Devin) posted a free breakdown of the mid-week MAC slate on the Cracking DK blog. So keep your eye on them because non-subscriber stuff does pop on there every week...we'll keep trying to increase that activity moving forward. Thanks.
Ronnie... :lmao:

Cool, the subscriber content has indeed been great.

Ronnie... :lmao:

Cool, the subscriber content has indeed been great.
How's it going Ronnie?

Being linked from fbg's subscriber content, out to a blog, then back to subscriber content kind of drives me crazy. Why is the link even there?! Serious first world problems.

Users who are viewing this thread