What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Hawthorne, LB, NO (1 Viewer)

Miro Z

Footballguy
Put up amazing numbers with the Seahawks but hasn't so far with the Saints. Any chance that changes this season?

tough to say. he was just not healthy last year and no one did well in that defense. he *could* be a good ILB alongside Lofton, i think, but he has to fight off Vilma. Vilma is not the same player he was but his leadership is very valuable to NO. it will be a camp battle to monitor throughout the preseason.

I see Vilma winning the starting job but I think Hawthorne will be primary back up for both Vilma and Lofton, until someone is hurt he is waiver wire material.

Vilma was awful in the 3-4 when he was young and healthy(er). With Hawthorne, it's not if, but when. Mediocre talent, but relatively speaking he's a better bet than the alternative.

i read something somewhere - maybe CNNSI - that indicated Vilma would come on passing downs to replace Lofton. something about how Lofton is too "stiff" and doesn't play in space well. hawthorne might not get the playing time to warrant rostering.

i read something somewhere - maybe CNNSI - that indicated Vilma would come on passing downs to replace Lofton. something about how Lofton is too "stiff" and doesn't play in space well. hawthorne might not get the playing time to warrant rostering.
I seriously dont think Lofton leaves the field as he is the play caller, I could see a rotation between Vilma and Hawthorne but not lofton.

I seriously dont think Lofton leaves the field as he is the play caller, I could see a rotation between Vilma and Hawthorne but not lofton.
Well as of June Vilma was the play caller according to this

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/06/new_orleans_saints_lbs_curtis.html

Well all I will say is that was june and this is august and I really dont think they pull Lofton out on passing downs, if vilma wears the communication helmet I think we might see both in as 3 down linebackers and hawthorne will be a back up for both

Users who are viewing this thread