What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deadwood (2 Viewers)

I don't even recognize half of them.

Small tidbit I'm sure most know that I just recently found out.

The actor playing Dan is Cameron Diaz's brother in SOmething About Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even recognize half of them.

Small tidbit I'm sure most know that I just recently found out.

The actor playing Dan is the Cameron Diaz's brother in SOmething About Mary.
Wow. I did NOT know this. Link

But it's true. Good info.

I don't even recognize half of them.Small tidbit I'm sure most know that I just recently found out.The actor playing Dan is Cameron Diaz's brother in SOmething About Mary.
ya someone posted that earlier in the threadsurprising for sure

Can someone explain the whole Langrishe story line in this weeks episode?
Tap :mellow:
No idea.It's like the took the Langrishe sections of the show from 3 weeks from now and played them early. He offered a job to the "harem dancer" from amateur night; she'll be moving into the theater.And then, some other woman who (to my knowledge) we've not met before, takes exception to this and appears to leave town. It is intimated that she and Langrishe are having (or have had) a relationship, but ...you're guess is as good as mine. :shrug:

Can someone explain the whole Langrishe story line in this weeks episode?
Tap :mellow:
No idea.It's like the took the Langrishe sections of the show from 3 weeks from now and played them early. He offered a job to the "harem dancer" from amateur night; she'll be moving into the theater.And then, some other woman who (to my knowledge) we've not met before, takes exception to this and appears to leave town. It is intimated that she and Langrishe are having (or have had) a relationship, but ...you're guess is as good as mine. :shrug:
At least I'm not alone being :confused: by that whole tangant, guess we'll see it's relivance going forward :shrug:

gman8343 said:
I wish this show wasn't ending.
:goodposting: It's a damn shame. Man, this episode was just fantastic. Interesting to see that even though Al is such a ##########, he has the whole camp coming to him and uniting with him. The actors were just fantastic tonight....what a subplot. :rolleyes:

Gave Deadwood a shot while waiting for Entourage to start. This was the first episode I ever watched, and it was outstanding. I can't imagine how much I would have liked it if I had any vested interest in the characters.

Excellent episode last night. I also can't believe this show is ending soon.

What was the purpose of Trixie shooting Hearst bare breasted and with her skirt pulled up?

Was it so Hearst wouldn't see her face?

Excellent episode last night. I also can't believe this show is ending soon.What was the purpose of Trixie shooting Hearst bare breasted and with her skirt pulled up?Was it so Hearst wouldn't see her face?
If a lady showed up at your door showing her #### and #####, what would you be focused on?Probably not the gun in her hand.

Excellent episode last night. I also can't believe this show is ending soon.What was the purpose of Trixie shooting Hearst bare breasted and with her skirt pulled up?Was it so Hearst wouldn't see her face?
If a lady showed up at your door showing her #### and #####, what would you be focused on?Probably not the gun in her hand.
Exactly, it was to devert the focus from the gun in her hand, as she was walking through the street/ the lobby of the hotel and at Hurst's door.Nice set by the way :thumbup:

Great episode. Pissed me off that they offed Ellsworth, I really liked his part and he was one of the few "good" guys on the show. I guess it doesn't make much difference as we wind down to the end.

I love how she's is thanking Al for all he's done in helping her...when just in the first season he was giving the orders to kill her first husband.

trogg78 said:
I love how she's is thanking Al for all he's done in helping her...when just in the first season he was giving the orders to kill her first husband.
Her first husband was a puke, Al did her a favor by removing that wart from her ###.

I wish this show wasn't ending.
Ending as in FOR THE SEASON -or- FOR GOOD ?
For good with the possibility of 2 two hour HBO movies in the future.
Not a possibility....it's reality:
‘Deadwood’ not dead yet - HBO adds two movies to end seriesBy Jomay Steen, Journal Staff Writer When HBO announced last month that the upcoming third season of “Deadwood” would be its last, fans of the profanity-laced Western were disappointed. And though there still won’t be a full fourth season, the series will go on.The cable network has reached an agreement with “Deadwood” creator and executive producer David Milch to conclude the drama next year with a pair of two-hour television movies.“I am thrilled that we were able to figure out a way to continue,” Milch told The Hollywood Reporter. “No one was ready to let go of the show. And I am really glad we have found a way to proceed that works creatively.”Originally, HBO and Milch had discussed a shortened six-episode final season, instead of a normal 12-episode schedule. However, Milch felt that a six-episode conclusion wouldn’t work.With the TV movies, however, he’ll be able to conclude the series.Despite the lack of a full season, some “Deadwood” fans were happy with the proposed movies.“Thank goodness,” Mary Kopco, director of the Adams House and Museum in Deadwood, said.She said that an assistant producer of the show had told her that the series would again feature the 1870s mining camp in two television movies.One of the reasons for the return beyond Milch’s deal was the dedication of the show’s fans, she said. “The fan base was rabid,” Kopco said about reactions to cancellation news.Chip Collins, a “Deadwood” fan from Massachusetts, began an Internet letter-writing campaign and fundraiser to place open letters in the influential entertainment industry publication Variety, she said.“He raised more than $6,000 to place full-page ads in Variety,” Kopco said. “We all wrote lots and lots of letters to Time Warner and HBO.”Last Thursday, Kopco received e-mails from cast and crew members saying that HBO had stopped the art department from tearing down the “Deadwood” set at the Melody Ranch in Santa Clarita, Calif.Kopco said that although she was happy with this measure of success, it would have been nice to see the “Deadwood” storylines play out as originally plotted.“I wish it were a full-blown season with a season five,” she said.She said the show is a top performer for HBO, second only to “The Sopranos,” which concludes its run this season. Kopco, who talks often to members of the “Deadwood” production crew and cast, said that all indications led her to believe there would be another season.“It just didn’t make sense to cancel it,” she said. “But I don’t presume to know the intrigue of corporate America.”The show is a critical favorite, having won five Emmys from 11 nominations last year, taking home a Peabody Award, as well as nabbing series star Ian McShane the best actor in a drama nomination at the 2005 Golden Globes.It continued to be one of HBO’s best performers last season. But it is also reportedly one of HBO’s priciest. According to Variety, each episode costs about $5 million to produce and up to 16 days to shoot.Quoting “Deadwood’s” fictional character Alma Garrett, Kopco said that was the root of the cancellation of the series.“It’s always about money,” she said.
Which leads me to believe the camp won't be burned down until the 2nd of those 2-hour movies. I still think that's how it will all end.

I haven't been able to catch the most recent episode because for some reason, On Demand hasn't put it up all week. :hot: :hot: They're usually good about getting the episode right up there.

Anyway, for those that have Sirius radio, you might be interested in this:

Link

Deadwood Radio Labor Day Marathon

Mon 9/4

The party's over for the irreverent, Wild Western Deadwood, which has wrapped up its final season on HBO. But have no fear Deadwood addicts, Outlaw Country has the antidote for your Deadwood withdrawal, as we celebrate Labor Day with all 12 episodes of Deadwood Radio back-to-back. Join host W. Earl Brown (Dan Dority) and fellow castmembers Ian McShane (Al Swearengen), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Sean Bridgers (Johnny Burns), Keith Carradine (Wild Bill Hickok), Robin Wiegert (Calamity Jane), Geri Jewell (Jewel), Jim Beaver (Ellsworth), Keone Young (Wu), and Peter Jason (Con Stapleton) as they revisit each episode and play hand-picked Outlaw Country during this exclusive all-day Deadwood Radio marathon!!
Deadwood Radio

Saturdays 8 pm - 10 pm ET

Rebroadcast Sundays 8 am - 10 am ET

W. Earl Brown (Dan Dority) hosts this exclusive two-hour show based on HBO’s frontier drama Deadwood. Each week he is joined by fellow cast-members – including Ian McShane (Al Swearengen), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Sean Bridgers (Johnny Burns), Keith Carradine (Wild Bill Hickok), Robin Wiegert (Calamity Jane), Geri Jewell (Jewel), Jim Beaver (Ellsworth), Keone Young (Wu), and Peter Jason (Con Stapleton) – revisits the previous week’s episode and previews each new one debuting on HBO every Sunday night through August 27th – all to the tune of a hand-picked soundtrack of Outlaw Country songs that correspond to each show’s themes. It’s the closest thing on the radio to an Old West outlaw camp and it’s only on SIRIUS!

Not sure what to make of that episode. Ends with Hearst leaving town? Feels like a full season of build-up with no real payoff.

Still good TV nonetheless

Scenes we'd like to see:

Woo's chinks come riding into town blazing guns and swords at the Pinkertons. Al swings across the balconies on a rope with his knife in his teeth and plows into Hearst with all he's got. They crash through the balcony to the muddy street and toss and turn in a death struggle. Meanwhile, Dan blows away the head Pinkerton with a close range shotgun blast, spraying brain matter all over EB who was cowering behind Richardson to avoid the fracas. The smoke clears and Al raises a bottle and with a war cry chugs the bottle dry and screams "Free drinks and ##### at the Gem!"

So, Hearst bought out Mrs. Ellsworth claim, and pretty much confirmed that he had rigged the election after his brief conversation with Bullock....so he pretty much controls the town now, right? Hell, I wouldn't stay either knowing that almost the entire town wants me dead.

I know in real life, Al dies at a train station alone and broke after he leaves Deadwood when it burns the second time.

I'm wondering if the whole "I should've learned how to use a gun, but I'm too set in my ways" speech was a kind of set up for him buying it in one of the last 2hr movies.

Deadwood went out with a fizzle.

I loved the show and liked the ending last night but it was a bit tame.

Joe Mammy's scenario would have been sweet. Even though they are giving us 2 2 hours episodes next year I'm sad to see Deadwood come to an end.

I'm clearly in the minority, but i thought it was ####### awesome. Made even better by the way it ended and the final line. Everybody in the sopranos thread always gushes about what a genius the Sopranos mastermind is: "Chase is just toying with us" and "Chase wants us to think this". I usually roll my eyes at that kind of bs, but damn if it doesn't apply perfectly to this season of deadwood and the (non) resolution.

sometimes there's just nothing pretty to tell.

I thought the first two season finales were a bit anticlimactic, not just this third season. Doesn't mean the whole series was a disappointment, though.

After reflecting on the episode, Im starting to see the genius in it

Sure it wouldve been satisfying to see the camp fight back and do something to Hearst, but this was the realistic finish. Hearst completely oVVned the camp. No fallout from the Ellsworth murder, buys the Alma claim, costs Bullock the election, takes Al's finger and forces him to murder one of his own, completely destroys the man that was Cy Tolliver, forces Bullock, the sheriff to sit by and watch an innocent girl murdered at his request. And he drives out of camp unscathed.

Think about how last season ended. The wedding celebration, dancing in the thoroughfare, the signing of the Yankton deal, Al almost cracking a smile from the balcony. Fast forward to this finale and you see Bullock basically admitting hes a #### and wont be able to sleep at night, Al on his hands and knees scrubbing his own floor, and Cy completely losing his mind. All at the hands of one man.

Really something

And at the Finish line, Charlie Udder wins best character. He broke out of mid-pack last week with the great scene in Swearingen's saloon, then bolted for the lead with his discourse with Hearst in the finale. I wish they had let us know him better, sooner and more often.

Actually, the one guy Hearst really couldnt get the better of in camp was big Dan. He put his big goon up against him and Dan took him out

Actually, the one guy Hearst really couldnt get the better of in camp was big Dan. He put his big goon up against him and Dan took him out
Actually Hearst's goon said that Hearst gave the Captain instructions to "make the fight last" and by sandbagging the Captain gave Dan the chance he needed. If the Captain was instructed just to "take Dan out" I believe Dan would be dead.Dan got lucky and I think he knew that by how he acted afterwards.I second the Charlie Utter sentement as the best character in the end. HE is the one man I don't think Hearst got the better of. Utter called Hearst and his Pinkertons out, much to the suprise of Joanie Stubbs.

And at the Finish line, Charlie Udder wins best character. He broke out of mid-pack last week with the great scene in Swearingen's saloon, then bolted for the lead with his discourse with Hearst in the finale. I wish they had let us know him better, sooner and more often.
I liked the scene where Charlie goes to Hearst's room.Hearst: "Who the #### are you to talk to me like that?"Charlie: "I'm the one who you better take a different ####### tone with the next time you talk to me."I fully expect the two hour movies to wrap things up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread