What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deangelo Williams (1 Viewer)

ltaylor

Footballguy
--#1 RB All-time NCAA in All Purpose Yards--#4 RB All-time NCAA Rushing Yards--#1 RB All-time NCAA 100 Yard Rushing Games (34)--2005 NCAA Rushing Title--Led Memphis Tigers to 3 Straight Bowl Games after a 32 year droughtBEING SNUBBED A TRIP TO NEW YORK.............LUDICRIOUS. No RB in his class has ever gotten hosed liked this. Hell, 90% of the guys he passed to set all these records over the last month won the Heisman, and all we were asking for was a ticket to New York.Thank You Deangelo It's been a GOOD RUN,Can't wait to watch you on SundaysSincerely,Tiger Fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Williams is a shifty runner, but I don't know why he is regarded as a better pro prospect than Lendale White.

Williams sets NCAA record as Memphis takes Motor City BowlDETROIT (AP) -- DeAngelo Williams set an NCAA record with his 34th 100-yard rushing game and scored three touchdowns, leading Memphis to a 38-31 victory over Akron in the Motor City Bowl on Monday.Williams ran for 233 yards on 30 carries and finished his career with 6,021 yards rushing -- trailing only Ron Dayne, Ricky Williams and Tony Dorsett in Division I-A history -- and an NCAA-record 7,568 all-purpose yards.The Tigers (7-5) took a 21-point lead with 3:09 left, but needed to recover an onside kick with 55 seconds left to seal the win after Luke Getsy threw his fourth touchdown pass to cut the lead to seven points.Akron (7-6) made a good showing in its first Division I-A bowl game.Getsy was 34-for-59 for a Motor City Bowl-record 455 yards, and tied Chad Pennington's mark for passing touchdowns in the bowl's nine-year history.The Tigers led by 10 at halftime after scoring on three straight drives, then pulled away with three consecutive TDs in the second half before nearly collapsing in the final minutes.Williams, who shared the 100-yard rushing record with Heisman Trophy winners Archie Griffin of Ohio State and Dorsett of Pittsburgh, broke the record in the third quarter when he ran up the middle and bounced to the outside on an 18-yard carry.Griffin set the mark in 42 games, and Dorsett matched it in 43 games -- one fewer than Williams.Williams, who finished seventh in voting for the Heisman, was taken out of the game midway through the fourth quarter while Memphis was driving for its third consecutive touchdown and a 38-17 lead.It wasn't shocking to see Williams run through and around the Zips with his NFL-caliber speed after Northern Illinois' Garrett Wolfe ran for 270 yards against Akron in the Mid-American Conference game.

Let Bush get all the hype... DW might be drafted in a better team and be in a better situation in 2006. Looking forward to see what he can do in the NFL.

BEING SNUBBED A TRIP TO NEW YORK.............LUDICRIOUS. No RB in his class has ever gotten hosed liked this. Hell, 90% of the guys he passed to set all these records over the last month won the Heisman, and all we were asking for was a ticket to New York.
:lmao: Right...his team went 6-5 in maybe the 2nd worst-conference in America and went to a putrid bowl game. The other guys in New York were undefeated and playing in the Rose Bowl.

Stop the homerism.

When you play against pathetic competition, I would hope he racks up yards. He looked horrible the one time I saw him play against a half way respectable team.

Williams is a shifty runner, but I don't know why he is regarded as a better pro prospect than Lendale White.
You obviously haven't seen him play much. He put on a friggin' CLINIC this afternoon.
BEING SNUBBED A TRIP TO NEW YORK.............LUDICRIOUS.  No RB in his class has ever gotten hosed liked this.  Hell, 90% of the guys he passed to set all these records over the last month won the Heisman, and all we were asking for was a ticket to New York.
:lmao: Right...his team went 6-5 in maybe the 2nd worst-conference in America and went to a putrid bowl game. The other guys in New York were undefeated and playing in the Rose Bowl.

Stop the homerism.
I expect more from you. ;) True, his team was not great and is in a mediocre conference, but there were only 3 finalists this year. The 3 that made it were very deserving, but Williams and Quinn could have gotten chairs in New York without anyone having a right to make a big stink about it.

You obviously haven't seen him play much. He put on a friggin' CLINIC this afternoon.
BEING SNUBBED A TRIP TO NEW YORK.............LUDICRIOUS.  No RB in his class has ever gotten hosed liked this.  Hell, 90% of the guys he passed to set all these records over the last month won the Heisman, and all we were asking for was a ticket to New York.

Stop the homerism.
I expect more from you. ;) True, his team was not great and is in a mediocre conference, but there were only 3 finalists this year. The 3 that made it were very deserving, but Williams and Quinn could have gotten chairs in New York without anyone having a right to make a big stink about it.
It comes down to votes -- those two didn't get enough. :shrug:

BEING SNUBBED A TRIP TO NEW YORK.............LUDICRIOUS. No RB in his class has ever gotten hosed liked this. Hell, 90% of the guys he passed to set all these records over the last month won the Heisman, and all we were asking for was a ticket to New York.

Stop the homerism.
If Memphis didn't have DeAngelo Williams, they would have been lucky to have 3 wins this season. Memphis had three QB's suffer season-ending injuries and spent most of the season with a WR (Maurice Avery) playing QB. DeAngelo Williams is the only reason Memphis had any success this year.

Right...his team went 6-5 in maybe the 2nd worst-conference in America and went to a putrid bowl game. The other guys in New York were undefeated and playing in the Rose Bowl.

Stop the homerism.
I thought the Heisman trophy went to the best player, not the best player on the best team. Maybe I missed the memo.PS: I think Bush is better, but his team's record shouldn't be a factor. A RB can only do so much.

I'm supposed to be the big LenDale White homer here! :shakesfist:I :heart: LenDale, but DeAngelo is an elite runner. He's tough between the tackles like White, but he is more shifty in the open field and a more creative runner. Williams is also faster than White.

Could end up being the best RB from this draft class when all is said and done.

I'm supposed to be the big LenDale White homer here! :shakesfist:I :heart: LenDale, but DeAngelo is an elite runner. He's tough between the tackles like White, but he is more shifty in the open field and a more creative runner. Williams is also faster than White.

I :wub: FBG's, but, can you really trust a staff member named "Cecil"Actually, "Cecil Lammey".

:shrug:

I :wub: FBG's, but, can you really trust a staff member named "Cecil"Actually, "Cecil Lammey".

Yes, you can because my real name is ZZ Gonzales. :P

Welcome to Green Bay, Mr. Williams!!

:yes:
Fixed
Minnesota had the pick before Green Bay, but they didn't submit a card. :bag: Regarding everyone's earlier comments about weak competition?

Brian Westbrook set multiple Div 1-AA yardage and scoring records at Villanova. I hear he did ok as a pro...

Yes, you can because my real name is ZZ Gonzales. :P
:D ;)

:confused: In my opinion he is a better prospect than Mr. Bush. Granted, I attend U of M, but that is also part of the basis of my opinion. I've seen this guy play. If you switch places with him and Bush, I am pretty positive he would have won the Heisman.

I attended the Motor City Bowl today, and watched Deangelo Williams for the first time. This guy will be a stud at the next level, mark it down. Great speed, incredible vision/shiftiness, and surprising power for a smallish RB...carried a would be tackler into the endzone after being hit at the 2 yard line.Comparing him to some similar RB's.....not quite Barry Sanders, but could be better than Clinton Portis, imo. Reggie Bush may have some competition for the best RB in this class....seriously!

Stop the homerism.
It comes down to votes -- those two didn't get enough. :shrug:
:goodposting: They don't invite people that are going to get a miniscule amount of the total vote so as not to embarrass them. You can argue whether those guys would rather be there or not, but the Heisman folks have been pretty consistent in that regard over the years. It's not unlike the NFL only inviting certain players to the Draft in NY that it believes will definitely be high 1st round picks.

Users who are viewing this thread