What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Defense by Committee (1 Viewer)

billjohnson

Footballguy
does it make any sense for me to draft two defenses with my last two picks??

Ten teams:

2 qb

2 rb

2 wr

1 flex (wr/rb)

1 k

1 def.

5 bench spots

Thanks.

does it make any sense for me to draft two defenses with my last two picks?? Ten teams:2 qb2 rb2 wr1 flex (wr/rb)1 k1 def.5 bench spotsThanks.
Not in a shallow league like this.Only 140 roster spots across the league. Bye management will be hard enough with only 5 on the bench.1 TE, 1K and 1D would be the recommendation. Make sure they all don't share a bye and play matchups for each.2QB and the rest RB/WR.

Thanks for the advice.

I think this might be a very dumb question, but how do I play matchups with my defense if I only have one. Dont I just start the same Def every week???

Thanks so much.

Thanks for the advice. I think this might be a very dumb question, but how do I play matchups with my defense if I only have one. Dont I just start the same Def every week???Thanks so much.
I think he means use the WW / drop-adds to manage those slots. (i.e. pick up a D or K on the wire with a juicy matchup as needed)vs. wasting 3 extra roster spaces all season - simply for bye week coverage.

Is there a DTBC article this year?

Looked through the articles, but coudn't find it. And searches didn't work either.

TIA.

Jeff has it right. It simply isn't worth carrying the extras. If you try, you'll find yourself going to the waiver wire frequently for a substitute RB or WR to cover an injury. That means you'll be dropping one of those Ks or Def's anyway to pick up a sub who is LESS THEN the guy you could have drafted and caried from the start, sometimes a LOT less. You're better off playing the waiver wire until you're through the byes, and then targetting PKs and DEF's that have good matchups during your playoffs.

FWIW...this is one reason I dislike leagues with tiny rosters. There's simply way too much value on the waiver wire, and I dislike any setup that virtually forces moves just to mainatin lineups (I mean by design, not the bad luck of injuries). An uglier problem with this occurs when you also have a WTF waiver system, because the value on the waivers can quickly and dramaticly turn a team around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread