What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DeMeco Ryans (1 Viewer)

Wilson is pretty much universally regarded as a much better NFL player than FF player.

It may have something to do with HOU at 4 wins giving up 341 YPG (ranked 25). Should anyone on that D go to the Pro Bowl?

I think it's been proven that the pro bowl selections are as stupid as the MLB All-stars.

T. Newman not starting is a joke.

I just don't believe stuffing a stat sheet makes you a top defensive player. So much depends on scheme and responsibilities. Look at Denver's D - # 6 in scoring and # 12 against the rush and that's playing SD and KC twice...facing two of the leagues most prolific rushers. Some guys in the front 7 deserve to be recognized for that accomplishment.

Houston does not even make the middle of the league in scoring and rushing defense.

I just don't believe stuffing a stat sheet makes you a top defensive player. So much depends on scheme and responsibilities. Look at Denver's D - # 6 in scoring and # 12 against the rush and that's playing SD and KC twice...facing two of the leagues most prolific rushers. Some guys in the front 7 deserve to be recognized for that accomplishment.Houston does not even make the middle of the league in scoring and rushing defense.
Maybe I don't understand, but I was under the impression that the pro bowl was about individual accomplishment. If its about how good your entire teams defense is then why isnt the entire BAL and CHI defenses going to the pro bowl?Leading the league in tackles should mean something even if the rest of your teams defense sucks.

spec1alk said:
I just don't believe stuffing a stat sheet makes you a top defensive player. So much depends on scheme and responsibilities. Look at Denver's D - # 6 in scoring and # 12 against the rush and that's playing SD and KC twice...facing two of the leagues most prolific rushers. Some guys in the front 7 deserve to be recognized for that accomplishment.Houston does not even make the middle of the league in scoring and rushing defense.
Maybe I don't understand, but I was under the impression that the pro bowl was about individual accomplishment. If its about how good your entire teams defense is then why isnt the entire BAL and CHI defenses going to the pro bowl?Leading the league in tackles should mean something even if the rest of your teams defense sucks.
A stat suffer ... Are you serious? This kid is a player! Al Wilson got there by his reputation and respect from his peers, something Ryans has earned yet. He didn't have the benefit of a big market team either. Not many outside of FF IDPers know about DeMeco. The Pro Bowl is about recognizing players who have had an outstanding season. IMO, he deserved to go.The Pro Bowl selection in some way is a bit of a joke. Isn't this the 1st trip for Adrian Wilson? Thats crazy!They need to let us IDPers have a say :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a valid point, however I would argue in Ryans' case that a couple of LBs in the past Houston teams had the same opportunity as Ryans did, but Ryans came out of top of them and most the most out of it. Most of these guys were not totally scrubs either.

For the most part I have seen all of Houston's games this year. Every game the play by play guys comment on his ability and praise him ... he just stands out. His perfomance back in week 13 was just awsome! I can only guess TME hasn't seen Ryans play.

BTW ... I've seen so-called stat stuffers make it to the Pro Bowl before (see Dino Hackett 1988).

For the most part I have seen all of Houston's games this year. Every game the play by play guys comment on his ability and praise him ... he just stands out. His perfomance back in week 13 was just awsome! I can only guess TME hasn't seen Ryans play.BTW ... I've seen so-called stat stuffers make it to the Pro Bowl before (see Dino Hackett 1988).
Ryans did deserve to go, but as a rookie he did not have the reputation. Also, the Texans have been on national television all of zero times and is not a respected football organization. The fact he is a reserve say a ton about how well he did play.

Users who are viewing this thread