What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democrats block Senate CV Stimulus Package (1 Viewer)

Started reading it, got about 50 pages in and had to stop.  It was eye-opening to say the least.  Here are some of the highlights of the first 50 pages:

- $10M for the Census Working Capital Fund, $400M to be held in reserve

- $100M for Violence Against Women Prevention and Prosecution Programs

- $50M for Payment to the Legal Services Corporation

- ~$138M for Salaries and Expenses for the IG, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Federal Communications Commission, Office of Personnel Management

- $300M Community Oriented Policing Services

- $300M for State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance, $250M to remain available for offender reentry programs and research

- $1B for Community Development Financial Institutions Fund Program Account

- $520M to the IRS

- $3.6B for Election Assistance Commission to States for contingency planning, preparation, and resilience of elections for Federal office

- $21M to Fish and Wildlife Services, another $40M for surveys, investigations and research

To be fair, there were a couple things I like or were indifferent about.  
Sorry, are all these supposed to be negatives?  Most of them are areas that I don't know enough about to comment in an educated fashion, but some of these seem like no-brainers.

Census?  Seems pretty obvious that the 2020 Census is going to be more difficult (i.e. cost more) to complete than expected.  Election Assistance?  Again, seems obvious.  Sure, we can quibble over the amount, but I suspect neither of us has any idea what the contingency planning and prep actually costs.

I wouldn't hang my hat on a $1 cut.  But what percentage of the population are we talking about and what are their demographics?  You seem to be fixated on this $1 hypothetical.  I can tell you that I got more than $1 so your 100% number is not accurate.
It wasn't my standard/hypothetical.  I told you that already.  As a point of being "right" it was brought up here over and over and over again that "technically" if the person got a single $1 in tax relief it was "mission accomplished" in terms of Trump and his promise to give tax breaks to the middle class.  That was the talking point / standard.  I was trying to determine if you were part of that camp.  I see that you aren't now...finally.  That's all I wanted to know.

Started reading it, got about 50 pages in and had to stop.  It was eye-opening to say the least.  Here are some of the highlights of the first 50 pages:

- $10M for the Census Working Capital Fund, $400M to be held in reserve

- $100M for Violence Against Women Prevention and Prosecution Programs

- $50M for Payment to the Legal Services Corporation

- ~$138M for Salaries and Expenses for the IG, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Federal Communications Commission, Office of Personnel Management

- $300M Community Oriented Policing Services

- $300M for State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance, $250M to remain available for offender reentry programs and research

- $1B for Community Development Financial Institutions Fund Program Account

- $520M to the IRS

- $3.6B for Election Assistance Commission to States for contingency planning, preparation, and resilience of elections for Federal office

- $21M to Fish and Wildlife Services, another $40M for surveys, investigations and research

To be fair, there were a couple things I like or were indifferent about.  
The Census stuff seems misplaced in this bill...Id agree there.

Violence against women...could have actual relevence.  You have people staying at home, are domestic calls to authorities up during this time?

I have no idea what the Legal Services Corporation is or if its even relevant to anything.

Salaries, and not an exorbitant amount being guaranteed doesn't seem all that bad...especially if its for some of the oversight for these stimulus packages.

Policing services...again, depending on the type of the calls and what this program is doing, could be relevant.  Same with State and Local assistance...but the offender re-entry seems to kill that.   Shouldn't be attached.

Community Development seems to be fine IMO...in a time where such programs are likely being cut or not funded locally

Not even sure what the IRS one...but they are the ones cutting the checks...and doing the work...is this paying them for the work these bills cause?  Not sure why that stands out if so.

Election assistance seems very relevant to covid...changes are going to need to be made...it costs money.

Fish and Wildlife...doesn't belong...but I love to fish...so throwing them a bone doesn't seem bad.  This is a joke btw...but if its studying effects of stay at home orders on fish populations and clean water...Im all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread