What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deshawn Wynn's dynasty and FA auction value (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
just looking for some thoughts on this guy. i didn't see the game personally.

i'm considering bidding up to half of my free-agent budget on him just for keeper consideration. i realize his stats are skewed by a late 38 yard TD, but brandon jackson hasn't shown the ability to that yet. they also had wynn in for an earlier shorter TD earlier.

their both rookies and it sounds like wynn may be on his way to passing him.

i didn't bid very much on derrick ward b/c i know, at some point, b. jacobs will take the job back or create a RBBC. Wynn's a rookie, who's only competition appears to be 2 guys that don't really want the job.

Drafted Jackson 5th in dynasty draft. Live in WI and watched every play this year.

Wynn is more explosive, more elusive and more powerful. I want Jackson to be the guy but its not going to happen. Wynn is a better back right now. Its clear that Wynn is the move in dynasty leagues.

I am not going to let my owning Jackson cloud this discussion. I saw that movie when I had Tony Hollings and ignored Domick Davis - Williams.

What about Wynn's worth as a FA move? ie what if you don't have some total POS RB to dump but some iffy guys who you might consider dumping - how much value you think going forward?

Big Red:

I think he is the best RB on the team and will gain playing time. If you look at GB schedule over the next three weeks it ain't pretty. Without knowing who you are considering cutting but Wynn is going to have a problem producing for a while.

Big Red: I think he is the best RB on the team and will gain playing time. If you look at GB schedule over the next three weeks it ain't pretty. Without knowing who you are considering cutting but Wynn is going to have a problem producing for a while.
Look at the preseason game tape. Going into game 3 he was told it would be his superbowl and would have to do well to make the team. Several balls bounced off his hands and he made the team only because Herron went on IR. He may have turned it around, he may become the best RB on the team, but one game is too little.I need to be convinced.

Bob McGinn's breakdown of the game:

Brandon Jackson played twice the snaps of DeShawn Wynn (40 to 20) but had fewer yards from scrimmage (59 to 68). Not only is Wynn 15 pounds heavier but he also is exhibiting more natural running skills. He set up his blocks beautifully on touchdowns of 6 and 38 yards. On Wynn's long run, FS Gibril Wilson either turned down the hit or was frozen by the rookie's subtle fake. Then Wynn stiff-armed Butler into submission. Wynn, Jackson and FB Korey Hall all were impressive after the catch in the check-down department. Wynn is going after people as a helper in pass protection, whereas Jackson is just trying to stay square and avoid getting flattened. Ten of Jackson's 17 carries were for 1 yard or less; on the positive side, he didn't fumble.

Edgar Bennett seems to like Deshawn:

This is from PackersNews.com:

Wynn's emergence as a possible prominent player is the most surprising development of the early season. It's come about in part because of Morency's patellar-tendon injury, which sidelined him after the first day of training camp and kept him out of the first two regular-season games. Morency's status is week to week, and for the past two weeks he's practiced hard on Wednesday but been too sore from that work to play on Sunday. The Packers are hoping he's hit the end of his rehabilitation, but considering the nature of patellar-tendon injuries and the way his recovery have gone so far, there's no telling how long he might be out or how effective he'll be when he comes back.

Wynn was only a one-year starter at Florida despite being a coveted recruit because he had poor work habits and an unwillingness to play through injuries.

The Packers drafted him because he had good speed and quickness for a 232-pounder. However, he injured a calf in his first minicamp, missed the first three days of training camp because of the flu, and then sustained a thigh injury that sidelined him for the first three preseason games. He appeared to be a long shot to make the roster, though Morency's injury kept him in the running because the Packers were desperate for running backs.

The week before the preseason finale, McCarthy and several offensive coaches met with Wynn and told him he had to show more toughness and take on a more professional mind-set.

"That was part of (the meeting)," running backs coach Edgar Bennett said, "as far as, 'This is part of your profession, taking care of your body day in, day out, doing the little things, getting over here early in the morning, going in (weight room) and doing some maintenance work, as well as after practice. When he leaves my meeting room, he goes right there and takes care of his body with those trainers as well as our strength coaches."

Wynn is gaining the trust of the Packers' coaching staff because he's done more than just say the right things. Bennett also said Wynn hasn't made an assignment error in the first two games even though he's been the third-down back, which means he's exposed to the most exotic blitzes defensive coordinators concoct.

"You're talking about an extremely talented individual that's applying all that talent, all that hard work, in the film room. Very, very rarely makes a mistake," Bennett said. "Football — OK, this kid is bright. He hardly ever makes a mistake. To see him apply what he's learning in the film room to the practice field and the game field, it's a positive thing. I'll say this also about him — and don't get me wrong, we've got a ton of improvement to make, we're working toward that — but for us to have that type of confidence in a rookie on third down, that speaks volumes about his football IQ."

Here's the linK:

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.co...=73293845629381

I took a flyer on him.

Even though I have ton of good RBs, I decided to put a big bid on him in my league cuz Im tired of everybody getting all the good backups. I bid $65 out of $200 cap and won the bid.

File under "Samkon Gado/Nick Goings." He might be useful this year due to opportunity, but he's pretty unlikely to be a long-term performer.

Home run pick. Who else you going to blow your blind bid dollars on? I gladly sacrificed 50% of my bidding allowance on him.

1st & 2nd down RB's body; 3rd down RB's brain.sounds pretty good to me.
Being a Gator alum, I think I saw him play in roughly 90% of the games he was in. The TD run he had against the Giants looked just like some of his runs in college. He never really fit that spread option look, but made good reads and had decent speed for being rather round. His only big issue was his lack of toughness. Seemed he was ALWAYS getting hurt, or held out of games for a team violation. For what its worth, if I remember correctly, he was #2 in the state of Ohio for Mr.Football behind Maurice Clarett.

I just processed waivers for our 12 man redraft. $250 cap for the year in transactions. Wynn went for $26. Pretty cheap IMO.

just looking for some thoughts on this guy. i didn't see the game personally.i'm considering bidding up to half of my free-agent budget on him just for keeper consideration. i realize his stats are skewed by a late 38 yard TD, but brandon jackson hasn't shown the ability to that yet. they also had wynn in for an earlier shorter TD earlier.their both rookies and it sounds like wynn may be on his way to passing him.i didn't bid very much on derrick ward b/c i know, at some point, b. jacobs will take the job back or create a RBBC. Wynn's a rookie, who's only competition appears to be 2 guys that don't really want the job.
I don't know how much he is worth as a keeper but he is worth owning in dynasty.

Here's what ex-Packer Leroy Butler says about him:

Q: Who do you think should be starting at running back?

A: I relate the running back situation to basketball, you give the ball to the hot guy. And right now the hot guy is DeShawn Wynn. Now, I think it's his job until (Vernand) Morency can prove he can run the ball 15 to 20 times without injury. But DeShawn Wynn is a bigger guy so he can carry the load. And I'd love to see "25" (Ryan Grant) some more. I'd like to see him a little bit more on third downs and I'd love to see him on misdirection plays. He does look a little like Dorsey Levens. Dorsey was tough to bring down and Grant showed that on the screen pass. He's a positive runner and that's why I'd like to see more of him. He's got a chance to be very good. But I'm very high on DeShawn Wynn, not because he scored, but if you look at all his positive plays, the touchdown runs, he shows a lot of vision and has very good feet to avoid open-field tacklers. He made a veteran move on that long touchdown. I have all the confidence that Edgar Bennett will put the best guy out there and the hottest guy. I call it the Michael Redd syndrome. Get it to him until he misses.

I used a high waiver selection on him this week, and I was feeling good about having a depth-level RB who could possibly seize the starting gig and maybe catch lightning in a bottle.

Then the Jackson owner in my league offered me the Ravens D and Pennington... I don't think I can turn that one down.

Users who are viewing this thread