What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DET: PFF Mock Sim (1 Viewer)

BoltBacker

Footballguy
Here is the site: https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator?ref=2d222ef8-c92a-43da-b007-e56e27de9440

Here are the rules I draft by:

- Has to be 7 rounds, it's the point of the exercise to see what talent is available later.

- Under "Advanced Settings" you need to unclick "Use Defaults" and change all the settings to 50/50 all the way down to add more randomness than simply seeing/predicting who lands where.

- NO TRADES, unrealistic but it helps to compare our drafts.

2 - Aiden Hutchinson(EDGE)Michigan - Debated CB or Hamilton here but in the end front line defensive player makes more sense.

32 - Malik Willis(QB)Liberty - Didn't expect Willis to be available here but this would be a perfect fit for Willis to sit for most of a year to adjust to the NFL. Unfortunately for him I think he gets thrown into the NFL too early and likely won't bode well for his long term success.

34 - Treylon Burks(WR)Arkansas - He's been free falling in some mocks based on athleticism scores, but I don't think that's how he wins anyway. He's the #1WR on the team before he even puts the hat on.

66 - Logan Hall(DL)Houston - Another big addition across the defensive front. If the draft is strong on the defensive front and that's one of the weaknesses on your team then why fight it?

97 - Wan'Dale Robinson(WR)Kentucky - Twitchy big play receiver around the LOS to compliment the physical Burks and Chark as the downfield threat. 

177 - Mario Goodrich(CB)Clemson - Sure tackler and run defender. Probably shouldn't have waited this long at DB and wouldn't have if Hutchinson wasn't available at pick #2. I don't dislike this pick but there was a big gap between pick #97 and 177.

181 - Sterling Weatherford(S)Miami OH - Big hitter that I can imagine Dan Cambell falling in love with. Should be a huge factor on special teams as well.

217 - Brian Robinson Jr.(RB)Alabama - Might be the guy I draft late in every mock. Can't believe he's still here and that just reinforces how unbelievable it is RB's STILL get over drafted. Just one of many day 3 guys I like.

PFF gave me a D- on the Goodrich pick. If this were a real draft I likely would have tried to trade down at pick #97 so that I didn't have to wait al the way until pick #177 to draft a CB. For that matter I would have tried to trade down from #2 but that was kind of the point of the exercise to see what you could get with just the picks each team entered the draft. Goodrich may have been my weakest pick but I still don't think it was a bad pick based on the board at the time.

I'll be interested to see if others have a much different board fall to them than the one that fell to me. It seemed fortuitous early but got a bit complicated late because DET has so many needs.

R1:2 - EDGE Travon Walker

R1:32 - QB Desmond Ridder

R2: 34 - S Louis Cine

R3: 66 - WR John Metchie III

R3: 97 - CB Jayln Armour-Davis

R5: 177 - LB Micah McFadden

R6: 181 - G Jason Poe

R6: 217 - S Sterling Weatherford

2. CB Derek Stingley LSU= Hutch went #1, I think Stingley could be the best CB in the NFL by year 3, if he stays healthy. and if Okudah can come back from the Achilles, and Mike Hughes can stay healthy, they could have a potentially great young CB group.

32. WR Skyy Moore Western Michigan=A RAC WR to fit with St.Brown's possession and Chark's deep game. 

34. DT Travis Jones UCONN=Discount Jordan Davis, he'd be the best DL on the team really quick.

66. LB Brian Asomoah Oklahoma=I think he's one of "my guys" rangy undersized playmaker.

97. QB Carson Strong Nevada=Good low investment guy to learn from Goff. Doesn't have to be long term answer here, but could at least be long term backup, with upside.

177. OL Josh Ezeudu UNC=Solid OL depth with T and G experience.

181. OL Zach Thomas San Diego St=More OL depth, and another guy who has played all over.

217. RB ZaQuandre White South Carolina=Probably competes for #3 job, he's a talented tackle breaker, who has very limited experience as a converted LB. Had 108 touches for 774 yards last season, in the very tough SEC. One of my favorite deep sleepers. 

UAp5te2UzeMuHwiSn2DRJwu31RFZhWQ8yUDWp+1IF+JpDAXi+dxfkERiiQbuVAe0R16wV+EY/Vg9tLifiJQF0h2tG7PIAESIAESIAESIAESIAESIAESIIG6RIB2FnXpbHAuJEACJEACJ5yAZgxHBofLA5I5XIKCYhF2bSViaVFkUo7VH1lFZxOi55aIuFxoEzHY3ws+ZVpsr
I was with you until here. Totally ridiculous. MAYBE in the 7th round, but more likely an undrafted post draft signing. Sorry brah.

97. QB Carson Strong Nevada=Good low investment guy to learn from Goff. Doesn't have to be long term answer here, but could at least be long term backup, with upside.

217. RB ZaQuandre White South Carolina=Probably competes for #3 job, he's a talented tackle breaker, who has very limited experience as a converted LB. Had 108 touches for 774 yards last season, in the very tough SEC. One of my favorite deep sleepers. 
These two guys seem like a screaming value often on that site.

Seems like a decent day 3 guy to take a shot at, considering how bad the Lion backups have been, auto-loss anytime they have been forced into a starting role. Strong might have the arm to win a game or two.

Users who are viewing this thread