What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (2 Viewers)

MrJimiT said:
Kluber was definitely on, and the start time temp of 33 degrees probably didn't hurt either. But...did you see the strike zone he was getting?
I actually didn't see this game, but I did see this tweet.  The lowest 4 orange dots had to be swinging.  That leaves 5 orange dots that I'd consider balls if they were not swinging strikes.  Doesn't seem that crazy to me.  

https://twitter.com/TJZuppe/status/983507054815010816

I actually didn't see this game, but I did see this tweet.  The lowest 4 orange dots had to be swinging.  That leaves 5 orange dots that I'd consider balls if they were not swinging strikes.  Doesn't seem that crazy to me.  

https://twitter.com/TJZuppe/status/983507054815010816
Guy was on, no question about that. Even if they hadn’t given him the questionable strikes, they weren’t just magically going to hit him last night.

Wow - Zimermann just got hit in the head by a line drive hit by Kipnis. It was scary as hell, but he walked off on his own power.

Wow - Zimermann just got hit in the head by a line drive hit by Kipnis. It was scary as hell, but he walked off on his own power.
Yeah that sucked.  Poor guy already has a 8.71 ERA and a 1.64 FIP, which is pretty near impossible, and then gets drilled in the head with a liner. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a clip where he said that after a similar injury in college he had metal plates put in his face and jaw. Probably the only thing that saved him from serious injury this time.

This is ####### disgusting. I have seen Castellanos duck from a baseball in RF and Machado go full Chuck Knoblach tonight. It’s week 2 guys. Play with a little composure.

This is ####### disgusting. I have seen Castellanos duck from a baseball in RF and Machado go full Chuck Knoblach tonight. It’s week 2 guys. Play with a little composure.
Were either better than Candelario dropping the foul ground pop up yesterday immediately before Brantley whacked a rbi double off the wall? That belly laugh had to have lasted more than a minute. 

Were either better than Candelario dropping the foul ground pop up yesterday immediately before Brantley whacked a rbi double off the wall? That belly laugh had to have lasted more than a minute. 
lol, Nick’s was worse. He him ducking was a Sanchez double then the next play Martin tried to overcompensate for Nick’s dereliction in RF and they essentially both aided in Hicks hitting an in the park HR. I feel awful for this pitching staff who has actually been competent to this point.

They got seven hits (including a Candy HR) off Betances and Robertson, two of the best arms in baseball.  That's my positive takeaway from tonight. 

They got seven hits (including a Candy HR) off Betances and Robertson, two of the best arms in baseball.  That's my positive takeaway from tonight. 
Isn’t that about as many as they had against the Indians? To be fair, I think I’m pissed about the 4 game sweep leading into the first half of last night. Looking at the weather they’ll probably have the next two days off.

lol, Nick’s was worse. He him ducking was a Sanchez double then the next play Martin tried to overcompensate for Nick’s dereliction in RF and they essentially both aided in Hicks hitting an in the park HR. I feel awful for this pitching staff who has actually been competent to this point.
Relax.  Apparently the cold weather is to blame for his terrible fielding 

Just got an e-mail from Tigers.  Many seats are 70% off for this weekend with KC.  Use code SAVE

I really think if they offered half off beer every game they would get better crowds than saving on tickets.

Just got an e-mail from Tigers.  Many seats are 70% off for this weekend with KC.  Use code SAVE

I really think if they offered half off beer every game they would get better crowds than saving on tickets.
Interesting, only because it's relative to this April, but - it's supposed to be kinda nice this weekend.  Which is just normal if this were a normal April, but it's been anything but normal so t-shirt and shorts it is.

Even though he’s not off to the best start, I like what I see from Candelario at the plate. 

His k rate is too high for him, he should settle around 20%. If he can get the ball in the air a little more I think he’ll get a lot of extra bases, and maybe 20-25 homers. With his on base skills he really needs to only hit .250 or so to be a valuable contributor. 

And Luis Sardinas hits his fifth MLB homer in 450 at bats. Ooooof

ETA: probably the last homer he ever hits 

Tigers tried to give Castellanos a contract extension last fall. To me that’s the #1 priority now, he’s a UFA after next year. 

Users who are viewing this thread