What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dez Bryant arrested (2 Viewers)

Dude all he had to do was make calls or just check the dang website above. LMFAO dont make excuses for a guy paid to be on top of stuff, not be just an average dude getting out reported on a message forum.
Just sayin people make mistakes and he later said he was wrong. One guy. One mistake. Only on a message board will he now be slaughtered for it.
No. He is a symptom of the larger problem with the media, especially the sports media. Especially in the age of twitter.We have to kill guys for these things, or long term there are no consequences for shoddy journalists trying to be the first without fact checking. It's awful. Why give him a pass?
Yes and WE are going to make the difference and hold him rsponsoble even though he's aware and apologized.
So first you're not okay with him being "slaughtered" on it here, and now it doesn't matter? Then why worry about it.

You missed the point....I say he will be slaughtered hereYou say he deserves it and you're going to make a difference. I say it doesn't matter. Following me?

You missed the point....I say he will be slaughtered hereYou say he deserves it and you're going to make a difference. I say it doesn't matter. Following me?
I never said it would make a difference in this specific circumstance. I said if we don't kill these irresponsible journalists every time they do this, consistently, then it's only going to get worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ConnSKINS26 said:
Dude all he had to do was make calls or just check the dang website above. LMFAO dont make excuses for a guy paid to be on top of stuff, not be just an average dude getting out reported on a message forum.
Just sayin people make mistakes and he later said he was wrong. One guy. One mistake. Only on a message board will he now be slaughtered for it.
No. He is a symptom of the larger problem with the media, especially the sports media. Especially in the age of twitter.We have to kill guys for these things, or long term there are no consequences for shoddy journalists trying to be the first without fact checking. It's awful. Why give him a pass?
I think you need to take a moment and consider how twitter works. This wasn't a blog post on ESPN. The guy tweeted that he was hearing something and was going to check up on it. That's what twitter is. People tweet stuff on the fly. He basically posted that he was investigating a possible story, which is exactly what he was doing. He didn't report anything as fact or report it in any journalistic spot.If you want well vetted fact-checked stories then wait for them to hit ESPN.com. If you want stuff as its breaking but still developing and as the process is going on then check twitter. Don't look for the former at the latter and blame the source. Blame your own expectations. If you choose to get your "news" on twitter then you need to come to terms that you're getting the stuff as it happens. That's on you, not them.

As a Dez Bryant owner in multiple leagues, seeing two threads with one of the titled "Dez Bryant arrested" at the top of page 1 had me :unsure: :wall: :censored: ........... :yes: :bow: :thanks: haha

'texasbirdfan said:
'dhockster said:
'Faust said:
It's interesting to see that he came to the event with Josh Brent. I hope for Dez's sake that the is being a good influence on Josh Brent rather than Josh Brent being a bad influence on Dez Bryant. Hopefully both of these guys are able to turn their personal lifes around.
Yeah, I think Roger Staubach was unable to make the event with Dez....
Not sure I understand your point. Roger Staubach was at the event, but it says that Dez was accompanied by Brent when he came to the event.

'texasbirdfan said:
'dhockster said:
'Faust said:
It's interesting to see that he came to the event with Josh Brent. I hope for Dez's sake that the is being a good influence on Josh Brent rather than Josh Brent being a bad influence on Dez Bryant. Hopefully both of these guys are able to turn their personal lifes around.
Not sure I understand your point. Roger Staubach was at the event, but it says that Dez was accompanied by Brent when he came to the event.
Tongue in cheek. "Birds of a feather flock together." Roger and Dez are polar Cowboy opposites

'texasbirdfan said:
'dhockster said:
'Faust said:
Tongue in cheek. "Birds of a feather flock together." Roger and Dez are polar Cowboy opposites
Ahhh... I'm with you now.

Users who are viewing this thread