What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Diary of a 2014 NFBC Online Championship Draft (1 Viewer)

Should win HR/RBI cats, but it seems like that's what you set out to do with this draft. Should be at the bottom in Bat Avg and you're one pulled hamstring/AAA demotion on Hamilton away from a "1" in the SB cat as well. I don't see the pitching being anything more than middle of the road in most cats.

Wrote an article about NFBC Online Championship strategy from my draft last night. Figured it'd give some good insight. Feel free to post for your readers!

http://shermsthoughts.blogspot.com/2014/03/diary-of-2014-nfbc-online-championship.html
I'm not as down on your team as the others who posted above. I actually like your early round selections. Most people don't get the format of these big tournaments. There is 1 massive prize. And you need to gamble on guys with monster upside to win it all. Heck the league prizes alone don't even pay out 50% do they? (350/team = $4200) 1st and 2nd combined take home what $1400 and $700 only? So back to the point at hand , if you're goal is to win the entire thing, going the safe route won't do it. Now to the actual picks: Werth in the 12th rd of a roto draft? Umm what? Was he not listed on the site for the other teams? An insane steal that late. I really like your picks 1-6. They're all dynamic players and clearly have enough power in just those top 3. Billy Hamilton I like there alot. U weren't getting him end of rd 6. So u reached but I'm ok with that. If he hits .260 with 120 runs and 75 steals, you'll be the one laughing. If he busts out and in the minors oh well. Worth the gamble in this format. U also nabbed a solid staff for waiting until rd 4 to take one. The one egregious mistake u made was C. In a 2 catcher format, what were u doing sleeping on them?! I have miggy Montero in a 1 catcher league and I'm already dreading it. Let alone being the lead C in a 2 catcher format. To me that's the 1 glaring weakness and one that might cost u. Overall tho, I think this is def a competitive squad. Good luck to u. Also the stats count for the Austraila series if your draft is after it?? Was thinking of joining 1 of those leagues this weekend. Good luck again.

Hopefully you're able to keep us posted throughout the season. Would be fun to follow this.

I tweeted the Greg dude who runs it and still havent recv'd a response. Im confused on that 2 game Austraila series, its saying week 2 starts March 31 in the rules. So if i join a league tomorrow, i missed week 1 ? that cant be.

Anyone have some info on this?

thx

I tweeted the Greg dude who runs it and still havent recv'd a response. Im confused on that 2 game Austraila series, its saying week 2 starts March 31 in the rules. So if i join a league tomorrow, i missed week 1 ? that cant be.

thx
The NFBC is counting those games. You'll be able to put them in your lineup for a "Week 0" type of period that will either count/not count those games depending on if you start/sit a player from those teams.

thx
The NFBC is counting those games. You'll be able to put them in your lineup for a "Week 0" type of period that will either count/not count those games depending on if you start/sit a player from those teams.
Ok so basically its part of week 1 stats then right? they're just added to the real week 1 stats starting Sunday night...?

thx
Ok so basically its part of week 1 stats then right? they're just added to the real week 1 stats starting Sunday night...?
No, it's not a part of Week 1 stats. The games that happen before Week 1 have their own scoring period that ends on 3/30. You can freely move players into and out of the lineup for that scoring period until 3/30.... therefore anyone that drafts after the games have happened will be able to count the stats for those games (if they chose to) by making the players active in that lineup period.

Ok i get all that but how is it scored in the standings??? in other words, if i draft 0 players from those 2 teams, im obvioulsy getting 0 stats towards that scoring period. Color me confused on this one.

It has to be part of the week 1 scoring period that runs thru Apr 6th....

For instance, Trumbo's HR will count towards the week 1 standings. If not, then wth is going on hahah, sorry for the confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how else to explain this. It counts toward the standings, but that period stands alone as its own scoring period. Call Australia "Week 1" and the upcoming week "Week 2" if that makes more sense to you.

These leagues aren't H2H, right? So, it makes no difference whether you score 0 points or lots of points in the Week 1 Australia period. At the end of the day, those games count the same as any other.

I'm not sure how else to explain this. It counts toward the standings, but that period stands alone as its own scoring period. Call Australia "Week 1" and the upcoming week "Week 2" if that makes more sense to you.
These leagues aren't H2H, right? So, it makes no difference whether you score 0 points or lots of points in the Week 1 Australia period. At the end of the day, those games count the same as any other.
But you're scored relative to the other teams in the league correct? ie , 12 pts for the best in 1 catergory, 1 pt for the worst. Thats my question, so if have 0 players in that opening scoring period, i would just get 1's across the board .... ? And considering the overall champ is based on the total pts you accumulate, that would seem to be a big deal. Guess im just lost on this. although i cant believe no one can understand what im confused about here lol

But you're scored relative to the other teams in the league correct? ie , 12 pts for the best in 1 catergory, 1 pt for the worst. Thats my question, so if have 0 players in that opening scoring period, i would just get 1's across the board .... ? Guess im just lost on this.
The standings are only measured as year-to-date. It's a straight roto league. So you would have 1's in some categories, and probably 12's in something like ERA and WHIP... but its completely irrelevant at that point. Just the first of ~180 days worth of standings updates.

Ahhhhh now i get it. I thought it was scored in a weekly format, hence my confusion. I get it now. Is that how most of these roto leagues run though? I believe the FBPC scores it weekly, could be wrong. I play H2H pts leagues so this is all new to me

thx for your help

Users who are viewing this thread