What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dice are in the air! FBG Backgammon is LIVE (2 Viewers)

It’s not so much about the speed of moving, it’s more about “I gotta go put my kid to bed” or “I have to do some work.”  In the chess tournament a single game is typically stretched out over several days and people can move whenever they have some free time.  This is more of a commitment. Posters have to block off a big chunk of time to play.
OK--if people want to play over several days, then we need to find an alternative site.  If people can commit to the ~20-30 minutes that an average match will take, then we can play at Galaxy.  

I didn't envision a scenario where the match would take more than one sitting to complete. 

OK--if people want to play over several days, then we need to find an alternative site.  If people can commit to the ~20-30 minutes that an average match will take, then we can play at Galaxy.  

I didn't envision a scenario where the match would take more than one sitting to complete. 
I figger a 7-point match to take about 30 minutes, on average.  If that's too much of a time commitment to do all at once, maybe knock it down to a 5-point match?  That should be like 15 to 20 minutes.  

I think we should stick with the plan since we all registered over there.

ETA: I’m OK with five point matches if that’s the consensus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant even figure out how to roll the dice
:lol:  

Click on the dice to throw them.  You can either drag the checkers to the intended location or click and the checker will go to the larger of the two dice (if legal).  You can always click on the dice to reverse the order.  When you're done with your move, click the dice again.

If anyone would like a game now, I am around.  Post your BG name and I will set up a match.

I'm available to play as well.  Under the play tab, do a search for cakes...  if I have a game set up to join, hit me up.  

With Joe Mammy dropping out, we have 12.  Here are the first round matches:

@chet vs. @kardplayer

@johnnycakes vs @culdeus

@fatguyinalittlecoat vs @ragincajun

@Murph vs @CletiusMaximus

@nysfl2 vs @The Iguana

@bostonfred vs @Joe Mammy

I picked opponents by the order of signup.  1 vs 12, 2 vs 11 etc.

Play a 5-point match and report the results.  If you play on Galaxy use the casual time setting and post the link so we can either watch or review.  

LMK if there are any logistical questions. I suggest choosing one player to make the match and the other player to filter for 5-point casual matches and then click on it when it pops up.  Make sure you're accepting the correct opponent before starting as multiple players can accept your invite.

Good luck everyone and let's get the dice in the air.

With Joe Mammy dropping out, we have 12.  Here are the first round matches:

@chet vs. @kardplayer

@johnnycakes vs @culdeus

@fatguyinalittlecoat vs @ragincajun

@Murph vs @CletiusMaximus

@nysfl2 vs @The Iguana

@bostonfred vs @CGRdrJoe

I picked opponents by the order of signup.  1 vs 12, 2 vs 11 etc.

Play a 5-point match and report the results.  If you play on Galaxy use the casual time setting and post the link so we can either watch or review.  

LMK if there are any logistical questions. I suggest choosing one player to make the match and the other player to filter for 5-point casual matches and then click on it when it pops up.  Make sure you're accepting the correct opponent before starting as multiple players can accept your invite.

Good luck everyone and let's get the dice in the air.
It was an inadvertent dropout. Let me know if you need an alternate.

It was an inadvertent dropout. Let me know if you need an alternate.
Find someone else or we can figure out what to do with a spare.  IMO, if you want in, you're in--this is not Wimbledon.  I highly doubt anyone will object.

Find someone else or we can figure out what to do with a spare.  IMO, if you want in, you're in--this is not Wimbledon.  I highly doubt anyone will object.
I didn't know I was out. I was busy last night and missed any updates. Anyone else want in?

I didn't play well but the dice were horrific. Double twos to knock me twice and then I went 10 straight rolls without a one or 6.  @CGRdrJoecan take my spot i don't know what the #### I'm doing playing this

@culdeus is dealing with weather issues in Dallas.  Said something about power outages.  I had set up a game for us for 4pm today but he didn't make it.  Let's hope he's making out ok with the weather.  

Thanks for the game Chet and for setting up the tourny overall.  I love that the extended time gives us a chance to chat without worrying about clocking out.

We are up to 13.  Any suggestions on structure?  I think 7-point matches are a good idea but what about the rounds?  I was thinking maybe have 5 rounds with the top 8 advancing to sudden death.  That way everyone gets 5 matches minimum. 
bump. 

Anyone interested in playing for like a $1 a point? 

We can just make a match to 25 at galaxy at casual pace. And then paypal to settle?

Once somebody hits 25+ points just start a new one to continue play.

Users who are viewing this thread