What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dice are in the air! FBG Backgammon is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Do you have any color blindness?
I usually test ok on those scales, I have alot of issues with glare and there are some shades of blue that just don't stand out well in certain lighting.  There's a blue cone color blindness that seems to fit symptoms, but if I have that it's exceedingly mild, you go an wikipedia it and you'd think I'd be walking into walls by now.  Certain blues do wash out against other blues.  

There should be some sort of tie breaker for making the playoffs/playoff seeding.  

Agreed.  Any thoughts?

My votes:

If it is a tie to determine in or out of the playoffs, then H2H if they've played, play-in game if not.  If multiple teams are tied for the last spot, use H2H if someone has beaten all the others, otherwise use point differential.

If it is for seeding only, use H2H or point differential same as above.  If still tied, coin toss.

My votes:

If it is a tie to determine in or out of the playoffs, then H2H if they've played, play-in game if not.  If multiple teams are tied for the last spot, use H2H if someone has beaten all the others, otherwise use point differential.

If it is for seeding only, use H2H or point differential same as above.  If still tied, coin toss.
Toss the bones.

I didn't know just how bad I sucked till I started playing the game and having the computer tell me how absolute ### my moves were later.

I will play for cash--dont know if you can do that on galaxy
You need a gentleman's agreement. Just play away at a 25 game match (max on galaxy) and keep track. When one player reaches 25 just start over. Keep an ongoing tab. 

I have a gentleman's agreement with my bookie. When you reach up or down $500 you settle. Do the same here. Reach a threshhold, say $50 and then play for an hour or two or marathon whatev. Then when one side reaches $50 you settle through Paypal and then play on if so desired.

Just play an agreed to amount, say $1 a point with the cube, gammons, backgammons and play on. I used to play the same 2-3 guys for $1 or $2 a point and there would be wild roller coaster swings. Sometimes we would play 3 player chouettes all freaking night.

If anyone is interested in playing, even for only $.50 a point let me know. It just makes the game so much more interesting when there is some skin in the game.

You need a gentleman's agreement. Just play away at a 25 game match (max on galaxy) and keep track. When one player reaches 25 just start over. Keep an ongoing tab. 

I have a gentleman's agreement with my bookie. When you reach up or down $500 you settle. Do the same here. Reach a threshhold, say $50 and then play for an hour or two or marathon whatev. Then when one side reaches $50 you settle through Paypal and then play on if so desired.

Just play an agreed to amount, say $1 a point with the cube, gammons, backgammons and play on. I used to play the same 2-3 guys for $1 or $2 a point and there would be wild roller coaster swings. Sometimes we would play 3 player chouettes all freaking night.

If anyone is interested in playing, even for only $.50 a point let me know. It just makes the game so much more interesting when there is some skin in the game.
Let's do it.  Happy to play up to $5/point.

Let's do it.  Happy to play up to $5/point.
$5 a point? You trying to hustle me there Rockefeller? I'll play you for $1 a point with settlement @ $50. Let me know when it's convenient to play for an hour or two. I'll pm you my info.

I mean if the computer after the game can tell you how stupid you are, why wouldn't someone be able to bot this like chess?  

sure seems like the meta when you play randoms is they just try to trap your back checkers. At least the lower rated ones.  

Everyone plays so close that it throws me off.  I play with mostly family and camping buddies and we are just throwing haymakers and talking ####.  

sure seems like the meta when you play randoms is they just try to trap your back checkers. At least the lower rated ones.  

Everyone plays so close that it throws me off.  I play with mostly family and camping buddies and we are just throwing haymakers and talking ####.  
I'm a haymaker guy - our matches should be bloody!

Last edited by a moderator:
Second round posted on the sheet--thanks for putting that together.  Basically, I took the top two on the signup list and made that a match, then the next two etc.  

@Joe Mammytook CDRJoe's spot for the purposes of setting the matches.

Just so people don't have to go hunting for the matchups:

Round 2

chet vs johnnycakes

fatguyinalittlecoat vs Murph

nysfl2 vs Joe Mammy

bostonfred vs The Iguana

CletiusMaximus vs ragincajun

culdeus vs kardplayer

Second round posted on the sheet--thanks for putting that together.  Basically, I took the top two on the signup list and made that a match, then the next two etc.  

@Joe Mammytook CDRJoe's spot for the purposes of setting the matches.
Thanks, chet.  Is it just me, or is BG having a hard time generating analysis and stats after each game?  

It's so much easier playing this on a keyboard and using a mouse.  I find myself time limited on mobile frequently.  

Round 3:

chet

fatguyinalittlecoat

johnnycakes

Murph

nysfl2

bostonfred

Joe Mammy

The Iguana

CletiusMaximus

culdeus

ragincajun

kardplayer

Round 3:

chet

fatguyinalittlecoat

johnnycakes

Murph

nysfl2

bostonfred

Joe Mammy

The Iguana

CletiusMaximus

culdeus

ragincajun

kardplayer
We're still waiting on ragin and Cletius to finish Round 2, yes?  Here's the standings, minus that match:

Code:
Player				W	L	PF	PA	Pct	Differential
kardplayer			2	0	10	2	1.000	8
fatguyinalittlecoat		2	0	10	4	1.000	6
Joe Mammy			2	0	10	4	1.000	6
Murph				1	1	9	7	0.500	2
chet				1	1	7	5	0.500	2
nysfl2				1	1	9	8	0.500	1
culdeus				1	1	5	7	0.500	-2
bostonfred			1	1	5	9	0.500	-4
CletiusMaximus			0	1	2	5	0.000	-3
The Iguana			0	2	7	10	0.000	-3