What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did I jump the gun? (1 Viewer)

Lutherman2112

Footballguy
OK. I wasn't feeling too great about having OAK DB C. Carr (added for return yards), so last Sunday I dropped him in favor of Reggie Haywood. I already have Peterson, so was taking a lineman from the same defensive team a bad move?

So today rolls around, and I have to find a replacement for Haywood, so when I check the stats, Ryans had 12 tackles. I learned he was a rookie, but I took a chance and picked him up. This league starts three IDP's from any position, but you can only bench two IDP players.

Should I hang onto this guy? Shop for another? This is my first IDP league, so I don't know how much performance goes up and down. This is an 8 team local league, and I was kinda lost in the draft partially due to poor prep, and partially due to my lack of familiarity with the draft format...I just couldn't find the players they were drafting.

Rest of the team is below.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I wasn't feeling too great about having OAK DB C. Carr (added for return yards), so last Sunday I dropped him in favor of Reggie Haywood. I already have Peterson, so was taking a lineman from the same defensive team a bad move?So today rolls around, and I have to find a replacement for Haywood, so when I check the stats, Ryans had 12 tackles. I learned he was a rookie, but I took a chance and picked him up. This league starts three IDP's from any position, but you can only bench two IDP players.Should I hang onto this guy? Shop for another? This is my first IDP league, so I don't know how much performance goes up and down. This is an 8 team local league, and I was kinda lost in the draft partially due to poor prep, and partially due to my lack of familiarity with the draft format...I just couldn't find the players they were drafting.Rest of the team is below.
Hang onto Ryans, you will be happy you didTOm

With as much as return yards affect players values, I don't know why the footballguys don't factor that into their rankings.

Return yards leagues are kind of like where IDP used to be - out on the fringe. I suspect we'll see more about it as they become more prevalent - like what happened with IDP.

Thanks for the input. I am certain the return yardage will factor in by then end of the season, which is why I am watching Justin Miller.

What about the notion of playing two IDPs from the same team? Lineman vs. LB. vs. DB?

Thanks for the input. I am certain the return yardage will factor in by then end of the season, which is why I am watching Justin Miller.What about the notion of playing two IDPs from the same team? Lineman vs. LB. vs. DB?
this got me thinking about my DBs too. In my system he scored 13.6pts this weekend, with 3.6 from yardage. he is 2nd on the depth charts though?

Thanks for the input. I am certain the return yardage will factor in by then end of the season, which is why I am watching Justin Miller.What about the notion of playing two IDPs from the same team? Lineman vs. LB. vs. DB?
That's ok. I start Adrian Wilson and Gerald Hayes. In another league I start Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread