What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did Tom Brady really say........... (1 Viewer)

Macdaddy_2004

Footballguy
That he hopes neither Pittsburgh or Denver even get to the superbowl ................Heared this in the FFA - just looking for some confirmation

That he hopes neither Pittsburgh or Denver even get to the superbowl ................

Heared this in the FFA - just looking for some confirmation
That's not even possible. Why and when would he say that?

He said something to that effect in his post-game interview, but not with those words (Pittsburgh hadn't even beat Indy yet) and it was pretty clearly a joke. I don't remember the exact words, but he was asked which of the remaining teams he wanted to represent the AFC, and he said something like "Do I have to pick one of them? Can't I pick none of the above?" I'm sure that those were not his exact words either but that is the general effect. It was funny and most of the reporters in the room were laughing after he said it.

From my recollection, in response to a question about how hard it would be for him to watch the games next weekend, he said something along the lines of, "It will be hard, yadda yadda yadda, can both teams lose?"It wasn't as bad as I made it out to be in the FFA, but IMO, it was a bit childish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care what Tom Brady said, wanna know why?PATRIOTS DYNASTY IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!game over

Kind of a classless comment, but I'm willing to chalk it up to the emotion of having just lost a playoff game.

I don't care what Tom Brady said, wanna know why?

PATRIOTS DYNASTY IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

game over
Right. Not winning the superbowl one season clearly signifies the end of a dynasty. Like how the Steelers Dynasty was over right after its consecutive SB victories, because it didn't win the superbowl the next year.
Getting blown way out of proportion. The comment was clearly in jest.
seriously. :thumbup:
Absolutely. Don't get on his case for the "I hope nobody wins" comment, he was just trying to make a joke. Get on his case for the "We're the most disrespected team in football" comment. He was dead serious, there.

game over
Right. Not winning the superbowl one season clearly signifies the end of a dynasty. Like how the Steelers Dynasty was over right after its consecutive SB victories, because it didn't win the superbowl the next year.
no, the dynasty isn't over because they didn't win the superbowl, its because they had a 10-6 record and Brady lost his first playoff game. plus it shows you cant win w/out Weiss/Crenel

no, the dynasty isn't over because they didn't win the superbowl, its because they had a 10-6 record and Brady lost his first playoff game. plus it shows you cant win w/out Weiss/Crenel
Hmmm, three points for you:1. Who was the AFC East Division champs this season?

2. Did the Pats win a playoff game last week?

3. Who was the higher-seeded team playing at home in the Denver-NE game?

Yes, the Pats are clearly a wreck. . . no way they could come back next season and win it all, especially in today's NFL. :rolleyes:

I think Brady was clearly kidding around with that comment. As dumb as he sounded when he said the Pats were disrespected, I have to give him credit for the way he handled the defeat Saturday in his post-game press conference.

game over
After New England won their first superbowl, they finished 9-7 and MISSED THE PLAYOFFS ENTIRELY. Did that signify the end of the dynasty, too?The 70s Steelers won 2 SBs, then went 10-4 and lost in the AFC Championship (snapping a 7 game postseason winning streak), and then went 9-5 and lost their first playoff game. Did that signify the end of the Steelers Dynasty, too? Because, silly me, here I was thinking that the Steelers went on to win the next two superbowls after that.

After the 1984 SB victory, the Niners lost their next 3 playoff games. Was that the end of the Niners dynasty, or did the back-to-back SBs they posted immediately after still count as part of the dynasty? And in 1991, they missed the playoffs entirely. Was that the end of the dynasty, or do the three straight NFC Championship games they made in 92-94 and the SB they won in 1994 count, still?

Vince Lombardi won his first three playoff games with the Packers, and then lost his fourth. Did losing his first playoff game count as the end of the dynasty, or did the six straight playoff wins that followed count as part of the Green Bay dynasty?

game over
The three peat is out, for now. But, the only significant player they'll lose this off season is probably David Givens. Next year, we will have Dan Koppen and Matt Light back on the line. That'll help. We'll also have Bruschi all season, that'll help. Rodney Harrison should be back, as will the rest of the defensive backfield. Put it this way, when they go 2 years without making the playoffs, the dynasty will be over. Until then, you can have them to root against.

The biggest upside to this season is all the PT the young guys got, as well as the two games of playoff experience, and that nasty taste of not playing your best in the playoffs and giving the game away.

game over
So, hypothetically, if they turned around and won next year, you'd say that that win was not part of "this dynasty"? :popcorn: EDIT - Nevermind. Already amply covered. :bag:

game over
The Patriots are a team that nobody has to defend. They will line up and play 16 games again next year, and I suspect they will win more games then they lose...again. Heck, I am pretty sure they will be in the playoffs again next season.

Brady has a very dry wit. I could see him making sarcastic comments that get misinterpreted. I didn't hear the post-game press conferences, but the take on sports radio down here in Jets country wa that Brady was very classy in his comments and handled himself well, but that Belichik was pretty pissy (can I say that??). They were focused on the fact that he was saying Pats played bad, vs crediting his oppponent for playing well.

I really couldn't care less what anyone says or feels about Tom Brady. There's NO other QB in the NFL or anything else that I'd rather have on my team or side.All the other crap is just that!And this is not just Tom Brady ball washin it's just knowing who is the most level headed and compitent QB in the league.

I really couldn't care less what anyone says or feels about Tom Brady. There's NO other QB in the NFL or anything else that I'd rather have on my team or side.

All the other crap is just that!

And this is not just Tom Brady ball washin it's just knowing who is the most level headed and compitent QB in the league.
Is your avatar Zappa's moustache and beard?

From my recollection, in response to a question about how hard it would be for him to watch the games next weekend, he said something along the lines of, "It will be hard, yadda yadda yadda, can both teams lose?"

It wasn't as bad as I made it out to be in the FFA, but IMO, it was a bit childish.
a bit childish? he's a 27 year old dude, he was obviously joking, hope the patriots Haterade tastes good

Users who are viewing this thread