What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Diggs & Hopkins for Picks? (1 Viewer)

ninerfan

Footballguy
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE.

I've been offered the 2023 1.02, 1.09, 1.10 and 1.12 for Stefon Diggs & DeAndre Hopkins.

My current starting lineup:

QB - Herbert
RB - Barkley
RB - Jacobs
WR - Diggs
WR - Hopkins
WR - Samuel
FLX - Mike Williams
FLX - Brandin Cooks
TE: Hockenson

I like the offer, but I feel that my team will be very competitive this season and I don't want to trade my way out of a potential championship. My bench WR's include: Beckham, Lazard, Gabe Davis, KJ Osborn, Isaiah McKenzie, Van Jefferson, and some dart throws.

What do you think?

I've been offered the 2023 1.02, 1.09, 1.10 and 1.12 for Stefon Diggs & DeAndre Hopkins.

QB - Herbert
RB - Barkley
RB - Jacobs
WR - Diggs
WR - Hopkins
WR - Samuel
FLX - Mike Williams
FLX - Brandin Cooks

I like the offer, but I feel that my team will be very competitive this season and I don't want to trade my way out of a potential championship. My bench WR's include: Beckham, Lazard, Gabe Davis, KJ Osborn, Isaiah McKenzie, Van Jefferson, and some dart throws.

What do you think?
That's Deebo Samuel

That's a pretty hefty request for your 2 top WRs. What rookie picks do you have? And do you have a quality backup QB? I'd trade just one of those guys (maybe Nuke since his landing spot is still uncertain) for the 1.02 and the 1.09 to beef out your roster.

Then I'd offer up Nuke for the 1.02 and 1.09 (settle for the 1.12 if need be). That'll give you a good set of picks without giving up too much. With the 1.02 take either Bijan or the top QB available. You can then grab a good WR or an elite TE with the 1.09

Then I'd offer up Nuke for the 1.02 and 1.09 (settle for the 1.12 if need be). That'll give you a good set of picks without giving up too much. With the 1.02 take either Bijan or the top QB available. You can then grab a good WR or an elite TE with the 1.09
I would be shocked if Hopkins netted you those two picks. I would be shocked if he netted you 1.02 alone. You can try with this type offer and I would look to just move Hopkins but I think it would be something more like 1.09 as a return for him and that might be too big of an ask.

I agree. I think Diggs is driving the offer. The offer is more than fair, but the ultimate goal is to win a championship. I just don't know how I feel about giving up a very good chance to win now.

Tough one. If I were in your shoes ... Like you said, I'd feel pretty comfortable that I could compete this year, and no reason why I couldn't compete the following couple of years, with the right moves in the future. So it is definitely moving backwards on the competing front. I do love the picks haul, but the flex spots would be so super-questionable. I think you could still have a CHANCE to compete, with the strength at other positions. Just thinking out loud. Ultimately, I feel like I would have to reject it and see if I could get a little more.

Thanks to those that posted. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. I'm struggling with this decision. Thanks!

QB - Herbert
RB - Barkley
RB - Jacobs
WR - Diggs
WR - Hopkins
WR - Samuel
FLX - Mike Williams
FLX - Brandin Cooks

What do you think?
I’m all about winning Championships and I don’t value rookie picks as much as others so this is easy for me, I’d stick with what you got.

I would take the picks. After this year your team could be mediocre with Barkley and Jacobs on different teams and neither of them usually stay healthy.

I would also say if you are going to do this then you need to go full rebuild. Don't go halfway, otherwise go for the title this year.

That's a lot of picks but I don't love those late round one picks. You could get JSN at 2, but I'm not sold on any WR left at 1-09. J. Downs maybe if he lands in a good spot. I don't love this draft past pick 7 personally, at least not if you want production this year. After the draft my thoughts might change on that considerably, but even if you are rebuilding, I don't have a lot of faith in those guys you'd get late in round one. I actually traded Diggs for the 1-04 and Jahan Dotson last month. Still not sure that was a good thing to do. I do have a lot of depth at WR. I was trying to get a little younger. I have 3 WR's that are 30 (Diggs, M. Williams, and Brandon Cooks) and couldn't really get any takers of the other two, so I hit the button on the Diggs trade.

I know this was bumped but how was this ever a question? 1.02 > Diggs, 1.09 > Nuk, smash accept, draft JSN, deal two of the other picks for someone like Tee/DK (tell me if I'm being unrealistic with that valuation but if anything I think that's an overpay), and take a swing with the third. If only my league was that easy

Users who are viewing this thread