What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney+ Info, shows and Movies (2 Viewers)

Disney+ gets last-minute update, will have most Marvel movies at launch.

A new Twitter thread from the official Disney+ account lists a number of new Marvel titles that will be available to stream at launch. It explains why there are now several more Marvel titles available on Disney+ than what the company announced less than one month ago. On October 14th, Disney announced that Iron Man, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and Captain Marvelwould be available on Disney+ in the US at launch.

Then, last week, Disney announced Avengers: Endgamewould be available on Disney+ one month earlier than expected, moving up from December 11th to November 12th. Now, the thread confirms that Iron Man 2,Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers,Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 are also available to stream on Disney+ at launch. The only films that aren’t on the service are those that will remain on Netflix until the end of 2019 (Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Avengers: Infinity War, and Thor: Ragnarok). These four movies will become available on Disney+ beginning in 2020, once the contract with Netflix expires.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/11/11/20959998/disney-plus-launch-marvel-titles-iron-man-captain-america-winter-soldier

I dl’ed it on my Roku stick, signed up for the year, and checked the Simpsons and lilo and stitch out and both were up and running for me 30 minutes ago. 

It wouldn’t accept payment (first for me and Disney) for the Hulu bundle so just got the regular monthly charge. Whaaaatever. 

Some of the links also had no content. Maybe they are coming attractions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a primer on how to merge existing Hulu and ESPN+ accounts into the new bundle?  I think I am paying almost as much for just Hulu and ESPN+ as the entire bundle, so it makes sense to add Disney.

Is there a primer on how to merge existing Hulu and ESPN+ accounts into the new bundle?  I think I am paying almost as much for just Hulu and ESPN+ as the entire bundle, so it makes sense to add Disney.
:goodposting: And it's ad based Hulu too right?

:goodposting: And it's ad based Hulu too right?
Yeah, I need answers.  I signed up for the big package before work but as I was driving in I thought two things:

1) Is the Hulu ad based?  Because then I don't want to do the big bundle. (I forgot they talked about that.)

2) If it's not ad based, how do I merge my old Hulu account with the new one I just signed up with?

Yeah, I need answers.  I signed up for the big package before work but as I was driving in I thought two things:

1) Is the Hulu ad based?  Because then I don't want to do the big bundle. (I forgot they talked about that.)

2) If it's not ad based, how do I merge my old Hulu account with the new one I just signed up with?
The Hulu version on the package has the ads. Disney plus does not. 

The Hulu version on the package has the ads. Disney plus does not. 
Yup.  Just saw the details.  When I was looking this morning, it didn't say anything about commercials on Disney+ so I thought maybe I had heard wrong.  But it's HULU that is the ad supported version.  

So how it works is you need to sign up with the same email address for both Hulu and Disney+.  Disney+ will credit you $5.99 or whatever it is each billing period.  I don't want ads, so I'll just be going the way of buying both.

Yup.  Just saw the details.  When I was looking this morning, it didn't say anything about commercials on Disney+ so I thought maybe I had heard wrong.  But it's HULU that is the ad supported version.  

So how it works is you need to sign up with the same email address for both Hulu and Disney+.  Disney+ will credit you $5.99 or whatever it is each billing period.  I don't want ads, so I'll just be going the way of buying both.
Yea sorry I don’t know. I couldn’t get the bundle to work for me at all. 

I ordered the bundle for 12.99 despite being able to order for cheaper earlier without the bundle. 

Ive never tried Hulu so its worth giving it a shot. Want to watch the Wu Tang show

When I click on the star wars content, I get Sorry, Something went wrong

And nothing will load which is not a great sign

ETA: It could be my work blocking it I guess. Ill try from my phone

I ordered the bundle for 12.99 despite being able to order for cheaper earlier without the bundle. 

Ive never tried Hulu so its worth giving it a shot. Want to watch the Wu Tang show

When I click on the star wars content, I get Sorry, Something went wrong

And nothing will load which is not a great sign

ETA: It could be my work blocking it I guess. Ill try from my phone
Might be the fact that everyone in America is trying to watch that show right now and this is Disney's first day on the job with high capacity streaming.  

UMMM...Guys?

It looks like the OT Star Wars is in UHD/HDR/Atmos!

I'm not playing it in my home theater but it DOES look fantastic in my 55" 4k TV.

This is incredible!
So when I took my quick gander this morning, looked like only one episode was available.  Is this going to be released an episode a week?

BTW, if you're on an unlimited data plan with Verizon, you get Disney+ free for a year.

If you already subscribed, it will defer your paid subscription for a year.

Jesus there is so much stuff on here it’s hard to believe 
I wish I could return half the Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies I've bought since having kids 9 years ago.  

I feel like 3 years from now this service will be about $20, but still worth it.  

I wish I could return half the Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies I've bought since having kids 9 years ago.  

I feel like 3 years from now this service will be about $20, but still worth it.  
Based off the content available and yet to come I would pay 25 for this fairly easily. 

Yea I have hundreds of dollars worth of movies sitting around that I guess should find a goodwill store. 

Is there some primer that could give me some background?  Also, I bumped another thread - not sure what you guys think about using this thread for show/movie discussion 
I think it's getting nuts having a thread for each streaming service, popular shows getting their own thread, and 2-3 places to talk about movies.  I seriously have 0 clue WTF to talk about shows and movies half the time in the FFA.  

My son was having issues this am trying to search for stuff and add to his profile, but I would guess that was just bugs on initial start up.  I was going to poke around a bit on my break to see if there are still issues.  

When I browsed it I was actually a little disappointed at the amount of content. Or course there is only so much Star Wars and Marvel stuff out there. I'm looking forward to all the new Marvel series stuff though. 

Ended up just ordering Disney for $70/year.  May end up backing out of ESPN+ anyway - and we have the cheap Hulu already - so the combined was less than the bundle.

One pleasant surprise for me - the app was available for download on my Samsung Smart Tv - a lot of places on-line said it would not be available.  But - its all set up - looks great.

When I browsed it I was actually a little disappointed at the amount of content. Or course there is only so much Star Wars and Marvel stuff out there. I'm looking forward to all the new Marvel series stuff though. 
I have two teenage daughters - there is enough content to keep them occupied for a year.  Between the Marvel and Star Wars stuff, then all the legacy Disney content...

I will say this - I went ahead and bought a year - but now we have Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Amazon Prime...I don't think we are saving much money from cutting cable...

I have two teenage daughters - there is enough content to keep them occupied for a year.  Between the Marvel and Star Wars stuff, then all the legacy Disney content...
Yeah, this is definitely more for the kids than it is for me.  I am not holding my breath that there is going to be a ton I want to watch besides a show here or there with my son or Frozen for 100th time with the 4 year old.  

Yeah, more just anticipation then reality probably.

I will say this - I went ahead and bought a year - but now we have Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Amazon Prime...I don't think we are saving much money from cutting cable...
:yes:

Been saying this for years now after the battle for original content started showing up with the streaming services.   Only going to get worse with HBO and others entering the fray next year.  

Users who are viewing this thread