What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (5 Viewers)

T-minus 40 hours until trip begins. Mentally I'm already there and have had to rewrite the same page of a brief 4 times to get it right. Mickey better have the place ready for me when I get there.

AT this time next Tuesday I'll be just about through China on the eat around the world tour of World Showcase as we make our way to dinner at Mexico; thereafter finding a spot to park it for the fireworks and taking a nice stroll back over to France for some pastry for the family. Of course, I'm not able to eat as much as I once was, but no matter. Enjoyment will be had.

AT this time next Tuesday I'll be just about through China on the eat around the world tour of World Showcase as we make our way to dinner at Mexico; thereafter finding a spot to park it for the fireworks and taking a nice stroll back over to France for some pastry for the family. Of course, I'm not able to eat as much as I once was, but no matter. Enjoyment will be had.
Mexico? No le ceilar? To me Mexico's cantina for a counter service is just as good as the resurant.

Mexico? No le ceilar? To me Mexico's cantina for a counter service is just as good as the resurant.
Canada is getting hit on Thursday. And I agree with Mexico - we don't eat inside. Stay outside, drink heavily, go inside to do the boat ride or see if the girl at the passport/kidcot center is smokin', move on.

Canada is getting hit on Thursday. And I agree with Mexico - we don't eat inside. Stay outside, drink heavily, go inside to do the boat ride or see if the girl at the passport/kidcot center is smokin', move on.
Gottcha

If you don't hit the fireworks locations early, go to the corner at 10 or 11 o'clock if you enter from the rest of the park at 6, past Norway. They have added a new "country" there and I am blanking on what it is. We got there shortly before the fireworks and were able to find chairs. :own3d:

:blackdot

Just bought a quick three night visit for my wife and 1 3/4 year old in early January. My wife has never been and i have not been since circa 1987. I'm not going for the "Clark W. Gisswald National Lampoon vacation" must see everything award.

I always said that i wouldn't take my kid until she turned 5, but free airfare plus cheap on site hotel Monday- Thursday plus the fact that I don't have to pay for the kid as she is under 2 made the trip reasonable....... Well, at least until I went to buy the park tickets and meal plan...

The Ref said:

Just bought a quick three night visit for my wife and 1 3/4 year old in early January. My wife has never been and i have not been since circa 1987. I'm not going for the "Clark W. Gisswald National Lampoon vacation" must see everything award.

I always said that i wouldn't take my kid until she turned 5, but free airfare plus cheap on site hotel Monday- Thursday plus the fact that I don't have to pay for the kid as she is under 2 3 made the trip reasonable....... Well, at least until I went to buy the park tickets and meal plan...
Fixed. The kid will have fun regaurdless. If you are going with just you two then you will probably be missing the bigger rides. Mountains, Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Test Track, Mission space. However, I would suggest you guys fastpass Sorin' and babyswap. Even if you guys have to seperate to see it, it's certainly worth it.

The Ref said:

I always said that i wouldn't take my kid until she turned 5, but free airfare plus cheap on site hotel Monday- Thursday plus the fact that I don't have to pay for the kid as she is under 2 3 made the trip reasonable....... Well, at least until I went to buy the park tickets and meal plan...
Fixed. The kid will have fun regaurdless. If you are going with just you two then you will probably be missing the bigger rides. Mountains, Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Test Track, Mission space. However, I would suggest you guys fastpass Sorin' and babyswap. Even if you guys have to seperate to see it, it's certainly worth it.
So it's under 3 for Disney huh? Thats good to know. Of course the airfare is under 2, so you only half fixed it."Sorin' and babyswap"

I'll look this up at lunch - Thanks!

Mr. Ected said:
If you don't hit the fireworks locations early, go to the corner at 10 or 11 o'clock if you enter from the rest of the park at 6, past Norway. They have added a new "country" there and I am blanking on what it is. We got there shortly before the fireworks and were able to find chairs. :lmao:
There aren't any new countries. It's been the same 11 for awhile - Britian, Canada, France, Morroco, Germany, Italy, America, Japan, Norway, China, Mexico

48 hours before the simsarge clan hits the ground. This is the first time we've stayed on the resort (Shades of Green)since I took my future bride many moons ago. My biggest apprehension is the bus system. Too many memories of being herded on the old cattle cars and trundling here and there packed in like a sardine.

Last time we went our oldest was 4 and totally into the whole Princess thing. That was cute and a lot of fun watching her light up at the site of Sleeping Beauty, etc. Now she's 6 going on 12 and starting to move onto the whole disney teeny-bop thing :mellow: .

Little sarge is 2, on his first trip, and he should be a lot of fun.

We didn't sign up for any character dining things, but did get the Gee-wiz Christmas Parade/Show. Any kid friendly restaurants we should try and squeeze in? I know most of the more popular ones are tough to get into.

Just got my Disney Visa in preparation for a 2010 or 2011 Disney trip.
:rolleyes: We racked up Over 400 "Disney Points" since our last visit 3 years ago.. Each point = a Dollar down there for shopping.. :pickle:
Whatever points we have we use it to pay for or go towards the meal plan. You guys know about the meet and greet at EPCOT. Visa card members get a short line and free picture with Mickey and friends.

The Ref said:

So it's under 3 for Disney huh? Thats good to know. Of course the airfare is under 2, so you only half fixed it."Sorin' and babyswap"

I'll look this up at lunch - Thanks!
Also keep in mind that Disney cast members are not supposed to upset the customers by asking for proof of age so you might have a little leeway if you are dishonest.

:thumbup: We racked up Over 400 "Disney Points" since our last visit 3 years ago.. Each point = a Dollar down there for shopping.. :pickle:
Whatever points we have we use it to pay for or go towards the meal plan. You guys know about the meet and greet at EPCOT. Visa card members get a short line and free picture with Mickey and friends.
We got in on the FREE meal plan :pickle: and with using the Disney Visa we paid for the trip using the 18 months 0% financing, which means we'll use the 400+ points to buy,buy, buy! ;)

and although we had no plans to "meet & greet" characters this year, we will do the Epcot one for the free 5X7 Print.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup: We racked up Over 400 "Disney Points" since our last visit 3 years ago.. Each point = a Dollar down there for shopping.. :pickle:
We got in on the FREE meal plan :pickle: and with using the Disney Visa we paid for the trip using the 18 months 0% financing, which means we'll use the 400+ points to buy,buy, buy! ;)

and although we had no plans to "meet & greet" characters this year, we will do the Epcot one for the free 5X7 Print.
I just got an offer in the mail today for a disney card and it comes with 200 points after my first purchase. I dont think it goes right on the card though - I think you have to use the 200 points to buy a disney gift card? Is this how it works? Is this worth it and can I turn this around in a month?

I just got an offer in the mail today for a disney card and it comes with 200 points after my first purchase. I dont think it goes right on the card though - I think you have to use the 200 points to buy a disney gift card? Is this how it works? Is this worth it and can I turn this around in a month?
The points can be used at Disney, or Disney.com. When you go to Disney World, or Disneyland, they transfer the amount of points you've earned to a Disney Giftcard to use at the shops while you are down there.

Every point = $1

If you are planning to go to Disney, and already use a Credit Card it is worth it, at least is for us. Can't wait to get down there and shop. :thumbup:

This place was crazy packed today. Too many peoeple with the same idea - Black Friday Disney sales. Unreal. We spent most of the day in Downtown because my wife had the same idea to knock all the shopping out on day 1 with what should be the best sales. Crazy packed. Then we head over to the outlets down I-4 because there is a Disney outlet there and that place is about as crowded as you could possibly imagine, but the Disney outlet had some kid of unadvertised awesome sale going on. We spent $50 there and probably got about $250 worth of stuff had we bought the things in the parks. Just crazy deals.

Hit a little House of Blues for a meal and got back to the hotel early for a rest from the driving and shopping, and starting fresh in EPCOT tomorrow.

Temperature could be a little nicer, but it's better then Jersey.

This place was crazy packed today. Too many peoeple with the same idea - Black Friday Disney sales. Unreal. We spent most of the day in Downtown because my wife had the same idea to knock all the shopping out on day 1 with what should be the best sales. Crazy packed. Then we head over to the outlets down I-4 because there is a Disney outlet there and that place is about as crowded as you could possibly imagine, but the Disney outlet had some kid of unadvertised awesome sale going on. We spent $50 there and probably got about $250 worth of stuff had we bought the things in the parks. Just crazy deals. Hit a little House of Blues for a meal and got back to the hotel early for a rest from the driving and shopping, and starting fresh in EPCOT tomorrow. Temperature could be a little nicer, but it's better then Jersey.
:bow: BTW.. I can't remember when you get back.. But if you have time We will be there a week from today :pickle: and our first full day is Epcot where we have never been before.We have dinner reservations at Coral Reef at 4:05pm so I've been trying to figure out how long it takes to hit Test Track, Sorain' and that area and how far we will be into the World Showcase before we need to start heading back.And ideas on how you would plan your day if you knew you needed to be back to the Coral Reef area by 4pm??TIA!! :lmao:

Forgot to check this thread to see if anyone would be there last week, we were there from 11/21 until yesterday. Had a great time, report may follow, got some new tricks (at least new to me)

This place was crazy packed today. Too many peoeple with the same idea - Black Friday Disney sales. Unreal. We spent most of the day in Downtown because my wife had the same idea to knock all the shopping out on day 1 with what should be the best sales. Crazy packed. Then we head over to the outlets down I-4 because there is a Disney outlet there and that place is about as crowded as you could possibly imagine, but the Disney outlet had some kid of unadvertised awesome sale going on. We spent $50 there and probably got about $250 worth of stuff had we bought the things in the parks. Just crazy deals. Hit a little House of Blues for a meal and got back to the hotel early for a rest from the driving and shopping, and starting fresh in EPCOT tomorrow. Temperature could be a little nicer, but it's better then Jersey.
:lmao: BTW.. I can't remember when you get back.. But if you have time We will be there a week from today :shrug: and our first full day is Epcot where we have never been before.We have dinner reservations at Coral Reef at 4:05pm so I've been trying to figure out how long it takes to hit Test Track, Sorain' and that area and how far we will be into the World Showcase before we need to start heading back.And ideas on how you would plan your day if you knew you needed to be back to the Coral Reef area by 4pm??TIA!! :confused:
Soarin has been packed the whole time we've been here so far. Lines at an hour with fastpast used up. You can get most of EPCOT done by 4ish so no plan is needed. If you get there early enough you can hit a few things before the World Showcase opens to save even more time overall.For some reason the crowds are larger this week then they usually are. MK was packed today and the Studios were mobbed last night for extra magic hours. The new Toy Story ride had an hour wait in EMH, which never happens.

This place was crazy packed today. Too many peoeple with the same idea - Black Friday Disney sales. Unreal. We spent most of the day in Downtown because my wife had the same idea to knock all the shopping out on day 1 with what should be the best sales. Crazy packed. Then we head over to the outlets down I-4 because there is a Disney outlet there and that place is about as crowded as you could possibly imagine, but the Disney outlet had some kid of unadvertised awesome sale going on. We spent $50 there and probably got about $250 worth of stuff had we bought the things in the parks. Just crazy deals.

Hit a little House of Blues for a meal and got back to the hotel early for a rest from the driving and shopping, and starting fresh in EPCOT tomorrow.

Always the last stop before we hit the road back home. saves tons of cash from stuff in teh parks and cheers up the children for the moserable ride home back from vacation.

Heading down in February with my parents, sister and us.

Rented a 5 bedroom house for 1500 for the week, with heated pool. So $500 for us - not too bad. Yes I'll have to get a car but I like having our own full house,

Yankee23Fan said:
:sarcasm: BTW.. I can't remember when you get back.. But if you have time We will be there a week from today :shrug: and our first full day is Epcot where we have never been before.We have dinner reservations at Coral Reef at 4:05pm so I've been trying to figure out how long it takes to hit Test Track, Sorain' and that area and how far we will be into the World Showcase before we need to start heading back.And ideas on how you would plan your day if you knew you needed to be back to the Coral Reef area by 4pm??TIA!! :whoosh:
Soarin has been packed the whole time we've been here so far. Lines at an hour with fastpast used up. You can get most of EPCOT done by 4ish so no plan is needed. If you get there early enough you can hit a few things before the World Showcase opens to save even more time overall.For some reason the crowds are larger this week then they usually are. MK was packed today and the Studios were mobbed last night for extra magic hours. The new Toy Story ride had an hour wait in EMH, which never happens.
:thanks: Yankee.. That helps.... Looking forward to a great week!!!!

Do each of the resorts have a spa on site?
No, I think there are only a handfull that have a spa on them. I'll try to find the link for you that lists them.From Disney's Website

Disney's Grand Floridian Spa at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa provides world-class massage and spa treatments for adults and children, a boutique with luxurious beauty products and access to health club equipment.

The Spa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa provides professional massage and spa treatments, a beauty boutique and access to health club facilities—all set in a placid atmosphere reminiscent of old upstate New York.

Mandara Spa at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort Hotel radiates Balinese tranquility and provides soothing massage and spa treatments for adults—with special offerings for teenagers. Professional hair and nail salon services are also available.

Additional Spa and Massage Treatment Locations:

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Disney's Contemporary Resort Hotel

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Hotel

Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Hotel

Disney's Yacht Club Resort Hotel

No, I think there are only a handfull that have a spa on them. I'll try to find the link for you that lists them.From Disney's Website

Disney's Grand Floridian Spa at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa provides world-class massage and spa treatments for adults and children, a boutique with luxurious beauty products and access to health club equipment.

The Spa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa provides professional massage and spa treatments, a beauty boutique and access to health club facilities—all set in a placid atmosphere reminiscent of old upstate New York.

Mandara Spa at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort Hotel radiates Balinese tranquility and provides soothing massage and spa treatments for adults—with special offerings for teenagers. Professional hair and nail salon services are also available.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Thanks!Turns out I'm staying at the Coronado - so the wife will be happy.

I'm sure it's all opinion, but if you had to rank the Medium tier resorts at disney how would you rank them. I'm curious if I made a good choice with Coronado or not.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn

I'm sure it's all opinion, but if you had to rank the Medium tier resorts at disney how would you rank them. I'm curious if I made a good choice with Coronado or not.
I am not the one to answer that because I just stayed in All Star Sports in September bc we had 7 family members with kids with us. Just my husband & I are going back next September and are staying in Coronado Springs also but I have read a lot of great reviews about it. Mostly people saying it feels more like a deluxe than a moderate as all of the rooms were just refurbished. We did request a waterfront room in the Cabana 9A/B building bc it is close to the beaches with hammocks and quiet pool. When are you going? It is linked somewhere else but the Disney Boards have tons of info.

Was just at Disney the 19th through the 28th...

Stayed at Port Orleans the first few days, then it was over to Port Canaveral on onto the Disney Wonder for a 3-day

Disney Cruise. When we returned, we stayed at Caribe Royale just off Disney Property.

It was our first Disney Cruise, but about the 10th time at Disney...4-daughters ages 4 to 11.

If anybody has any questions, i'd be happy to answer.

Stayed at Port Orleans the first few days, then it was over to Port Canaveral on onto the Disney Wonder for a 3-day

Disney Cruise. When we returned, we stayed at Caribe Royale just off Disney Property.

It was our first Disney Cruise, but about the 10th time at Disney...4-daughters ages 4 to 11.

T&P GB. I can't imagine having 4 girls. :lol:

T&P GB. I can't imagine having 4 girls. :lmao:
Thanks... :thumbdown: It's not too bad right now...they are still in the young & cute stages and still love their daddy.

They had a blast...MY vacation consisted of one day...The day the boat was docked at Nassau, me and the

BIL took a water taxi to Paradise Island and went gambling at Atlantis. Other than that, it was pretty hectic for

me. I actually looked forward to going back to work just for some peace and quiet.

T&P GB. I can't imagine having 4 girls. :)
Thanks... :coffee: It's not too bad right now...they are still in the young & cute stages and still love their daddy.

They had a blast...MY vacation consisted of one day...The day the boat was docked at Nassau, me and the

BIL took a water taxi to Paradise Island and went gambling at Atlantis. Other than that, it was pretty hectic for

me. I actually looked forward to going back to work just for some peace and quiet.
How was the Disney cruise? Food, entertainment, etc.? Is there a casino on the ship?Can you compare it to others (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, etc), or was this your first?

playin4beer said:

How was the Caribe Royal for kids? I have 3 boys 3-7.

No it couldn't. After 7 or so months of temps in the 90s by day and 80s by night, this recent "cold" front has been no less welcome to me than a nude Keeley Hazell on my front doorstep.

No it couldn't. After 7 or so months of temps in the 90s by day and 80s by night, this recent "cold" front has been no less welcome to me than a nude Keeley Hazell on my front doorstep.
Totally agree. This "Summer" was pretty brutal. And I live on the coast. I was in Orlando a couple of times and it was way worse than here.

The Ref said:
FBGirl79 said:
The Ref said:

Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Honestly, I have not stayed there, so I really can not say. However, what i wouldn't like is that it is on the opposite side of the grounds as Downtown Disney and MK. Just makes for a longer bus ride to and from the parks and hotel. If the bus is crowded at the end of the day, you just might be standing for longer before crashing in your room.

The Flying Turtle said:
playin4beer said:
Foosball God said:
playin4beer said:

T&P GB. I can't imagine having 4 girls. :lmao:
Thanks... :hey: It's not too bad right now...they are still in the young & cute stages and still love their daddy.

How was the Disney cruise? Food, entertainment, etc.? Is there a casino on the ship?Can you compare it to others (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, etc), or was this your first?
:thumbup: Going in Feb. Where you able to drop your kids off somewhere and go on your own at any time to relax?

Here is my opinion....take it for what it's worth....

First off....the Disney Cruise...for reference, i've been on 2-Carnival Cruises, and this was my first on Disney:

I was mildy disappointed. For the extra money it costs, I guess I was expecting more. The food was average and

not much of a selection. No crab legs, no lobster tail, nothing special. Also, on the Carnival, it seemed they had more

to offer at night..midnight buffets, etc. Disney had one night with a buffet, otherwise it was pizza or room service.

The kids pool was tiny and had one small slide, the kids pool on Carnival was bigger with a bigger slide.

The kids club was cool, they take your kids and give you pagers, but Carnival offered just as many kids activities.

My biggest complaint is lack of "adult" stuff to do. Carnival had a golf simulator, casino and bar night activities. The Disney

ship was dead after 10pm. The shows at night were very well done, but again geared towards kids which is to be expected.

Also I figured the big difference would be the characters running around...well just like at Disney, they weren't just running

around...they had times and places they would be out and just like Disney, long lines formed to see the characters. Castaway Cay

was nice, but VERY Disney, and VERY expensive to do anything...rent snorkle equip, buy drinks, etc.

Granted it was only a 3-day cruise and a 5 or 7 day might've been better with more of a chance to relax, but I still think I'd enjoy

a Carnival or Royal Carribean more and for less $$$.

Now for the Caribe Royale...

This place was VERY nice... We got a great deal and I assumed because they were empty. We stayed in Tower I and our parking lot was

full, but the other Towers were empty. I wish I could give more description of the pool and activites area, but my wife took the girls down

there and I stayed in the room and watched sports on a 50+" flat panel TV. That is what is in the "living room" area and then in the bedroom

is another 40+" flat panel tv. Also a door to seperate the bedroom from living room. So at night, the "guys" would sit and drink in that room

while the kids were in the bedroom watching tv...it worked really well.

We drove to Disney instead of using the Mears bus...it was right down the road and took 5 minutes to get there.

Any other questions...feel free to fire away

Here is my opinion....take it for what it's worth....First off....the Disney Cruise...for reference, i've been on 2-Carnival Cruises, and this was my first on Disney:I was mildy disappointed. For the extra money it costs, I guess I was expecting more. The food was average andnot much of a selection. No crab legs, no lobster tail, nothing special. Also, on the Carnival, it seemed they had moreto offer at night..midnight buffets, etc. Disney had one night with a buffet, otherwise it was pizza or room service.The kids pool was tiny and had one small slide, the kids pool on Carnival was bigger with a bigger slide.The kids club was cool, they take your kids and give you pagers, but Carnival offered just as many kids activities.My biggest complaint is lack of "adult" stuff to do. Carnival had a golf simulator, casino and bar night activities. The Disneyship was dead after 10pm. The shows at night were very well done, but again geared towards kids which is to be expected.Also I figured the big difference would be the characters running around...well just like at Disney, they weren't just running around...they had times and places they would be out and just like Disney, long lines formed to see the characters. Castaway Cay was nice, but VERY Disney, and VERY expensive to do anything...rent snorkle equip, buy drinks, etc.Granted it was only a 3-day cruise and a 5 or 7 day might've been better with more of a chance to relax, but I still think I'd enjoya Carnival or Royal Carribean more and for less $$$.Now for the Caribe Royale...This place was VERY nice... We got a great deal and I assumed because they were empty. We stayed in Tower I and our parking lot wasfull, but the other Towers were empty. I wish I could give more description of the pool and activites area, but my wife took the girls downthere and I stayed in the room and watched sports on a 50+" flat panel TV. That is what is in the "living room" area and then in the bedroomis another 40+" flat panel tv. Also a door to seperate the bedroom from living room. So at night, the "guys" would sit and drink in that room while the kids were in the bedroom watching tv...it worked really well.We drove to Disney instead of using the Mears bus...it was right down the road and took 5 minutes to get there. Any other questions...feel free to fire away
Thanks for the comments. I was expecting the Disney cruise to be at least as nice as Carnival.

Here is my opinion....take it for what it's worth....First off....the Disney Cruise...for reference, i've been on 2-Carnival Cruises, and this was my first on Disney:I was mildy disappointed. For the extra money it costs, I guess I was expecting more. The food was average andnot much of a selection. No crab legs, no lobster tail, nothing special. Also, on the Carnival, it seemed they had moreto offer at night..midnight buffets, etc. Disney had one night with a buffet, otherwise it was pizza or room service.The kids pool was tiny and had one small slide, the kids pool on Carnival was bigger with a bigger slide.The kids club was cool, they take your kids and give you pagers, but Carnival offered just as many kids activities.My biggest complaint is lack of "adult" stuff to do. Carnival had a golf simulator, casino and bar night activities. The Disneyship was dead after 10pm. The shows at night were very well done, but again geared towards kids which is to be expected.Also I figured the big difference would be the characters running around...well just like at Disney, they weren't just running around...they had times and places they would be out and just like Disney, long lines formed to see the characters. Castaway Cay was nice, but VERY Disney, and VERY expensive to do anything...rent snorkle equip, buy drinks, etc.Granted it was only a 3-day cruise and a 5 or 7 day might've been better with more of a chance to relax, but I still think I'd enjoya Carnival or Royal Carribean more and for less $$$.Now for the Caribe Royale...This place was VERY nice... We got a great deal and I assumed because they were empty. We stayed in Tower I and our parking lot wasfull, but the other Towers were empty. I wish I could give more description of the pool and activites area, but my wife took the girls downthere and I stayed in the room and watched sports on a 50+" flat panel TV. That is what is in the "living room" area and then in the bedroomis another 40+" flat panel tv. Also a door to seperate the bedroom from living room. So at night, the "guys" would sit and drink in that room while the kids were in the bedroom watching tv...it worked really well.We drove to Disney instead of using the Mears bus...it was right down the road and took 5 minutes to get there. Any other questions...feel free to fire away
Thanks for the comments. I was expecting the Disney cruise to be at least as nice as Carnival.
Don't get me wrong... it is VERY nice... it's very clean, very professional, everything you'd expect from Disney. I guess I was just expecting"more" for the price. The people were super friendly and super helpful. One example:One morning I was at the breakfast buffet with two of my girls (6 & 8)... after getting them their food, I trusted them to carry their trays back to the table...my fault, I knew what would happen...sure enough the 6yr old dumped her tray before making it to the table. It was a long line for the buffet, but I wasn't going to cut in front of people because of something that was my fault. Well as we were standing in line, one of theworkers came up to us with a new tray of food with everything my daughter had picked out exactly....very cool.I guess most of my disappointment was the lack of "adult" activities (no casino) and lack of food choices.

This place is awesome. It's coming to an end and it sucks. I need to figure out a way to win the Florida lottery tomorrow night so that I can just stay.

Finally hit the new Toy Story ride - very fun; can see why it's so coveted. Also did the Kim Possible secret agent adventure today with my son. We both had a blast. Whoever came up with that idea should be made a Vice PResident of the company.

This is great info - thanks.We have watched one of those "Disney Behind the Scenes' specials several times. This one is about the Christmas season. So, we are thinking about going next year - right after the Thanksgiving holiday.We had thought about a cruise, but we were a little unsure. Your opinion helped greatly - not doing it. Would rather stay all week in Orlando.If anyone has advice/opinions on (1) the week after Thanksgiving or (2) Grand Floridian - would love to hear. Wife, me and 10-year old daughter will be going.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Honestly, I have not stayed there, so I really can not say. However, what i wouldn't like is that it is on the opposite side of the grounds as Downtown Disney and MK. Just makes for a longer bus ride to and from the parks and hotel. If the bus is crowded at the end of the day, you just might be standing for longer before crashing in your room.
i love this resort.I love the location too. We seldom go to Magic Kingdom, and it is prime location for the other parks and it is good for boardwalk too.

This place is awesome. It's coming to an end and it sucks. I need to figure out a way to win the Florida lottery tomorrow night so that I can just stay.

Finally hit the new Toy Story ride - very fun; can see why it's so coveted. Also did the Kim Possible secret agent adventure today with my son. We both had a blast. Whoever came up with that idea should be made a Vice PResident of the company.
That's the one at Epcot.. right??I think my daughter would have a blast but wondering:

A) How much time does it take?

B) How much is running around finding stuff, or is it just part of the visiting of Epcot that you find what you are looking for??

The points can be used at Disney, or Disney.com. When you go to Disney World, or Disneyland, they transfer the amount of points you've earned to a Disney Giftcard to use at the shops while you are down there. Every point = $1 If you are planning to go to Disney, and already use a Credit Card it is worth it, at least is for us. Can't wait to get down there and shop. :shrug:
How much do you have to charge to the card to earn a point?

The points can be used at Disney, or Disney.com.

When you go to Disney World, or Disneyland, they transfer the amount of points you've earned to a Disney Giftcard to use at the shops while you are down there.

Every point = $1

If you are planning to go to Disney, and already use a Credit Card it is worth it, at least is for us. Can't wait to get down there and shop. :thumbup:
How much do you have to charge to the card to earn a point?
* I cheated... :unsure: From their website

You earn 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars® on everyday purchases made with your credit card.1 So, for every $100 in qualified purchases on the card, you earn 1 Disney Dream Reward Dollar. 1 Disney Dream Reward Dollar is worth $1 when redeeming for Disney products and offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread