What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

Few more things:

• I thought touringplans.com was a great resource for planning/optimizing itineraries.  For the price of like $15/year, it was great and their app was always reliable when you want to know wait times, unlike the official WDW app.
  • I'm not sure how anyone with kids 10 and under operate without a stroller.  So much faster and efficient to put the kids in there and just go from place to place when they're dragging ###.  I don't mean 100% of the time, but when the parks have decent crowds, this thing was a life saver.  Recommend magicstollers.com - they deliver and pickup to the bell services desk. 
  • As a craft beer nerd, I thought their prices/selection was better than I anticipated.  Paying $10 for a 22oz 7% beer was good value IMO.
We went with our 6 year old four years ago.  He did great and it was awesome not having to haul around a stroller.  He kept asking, rather loudly, why older kids needed a stroller.  

We are going again in September and are undecided about using a stroller with our twins that will just turn 5.  I'm leaning towards just carrying a backpack and having them walk.  We go on 1 mile walks pretty regularly...may need to start making them longer.

We went with our 6 year old four years ago.  He did great and it was awesome not having to haul around a stroller.  He kept asking, rather loudly, why older kids needed a stroller.  

We are going again in September and are undecided about using a stroller with our twins that will just turn 5.  I'm leaning towards just carrying a backpack and having them walk.  We go on 1 mile walks pretty regularly...may need to start making them longer.
to each their own....good luck!

Heading to Beach Club tomorrow for 6 nights with 18 people.  Any last minute suggestions or tips on the resort?  I haven't been to Disney World since I was 7! Where were the $10 22 oz craft beers?
18? Offfa. 

Are you staying in the regular resort, or doing a DVC stay (either renting points or with a member)? THe DVC villas are in the back of the resort and kind of removed from the rest of it which is nice at times. They have their own pool which is much simpler and quieter than the main pool (described below)

Breach club is great, you are in prime walking distance to Epcot which is super popular right now with Flower and Garden Festival. There is a little side door entrance that is right between France and UK, so much easier than the front entrance. Studios is within walking distance too, but I recommend the boats, just a bit faster than walking.

BC's pool is prob the best on the property, but warn you, it's HUGE and you cant see the whole thing from your chair, so if you have young kids you should be near them at all times. They have an awesome whirlpool section that is a little nook that has a swirling jet at the boom that makes a nice whirlpool effect. Great for kids with a vest or other floats. The other downside is that the entrance to the slide is actually outside the pool and across the main walkway, so again, not sure how you are with kids, but someone should be with them. You'' need to have your magic bands scanned before going in, its that popular of a pol that its only for resort guests. 

The pool bar/grill has great food. 

If you like crab legs and seafood, I know its late, but try and get into cape may cafe. Prob some of the best crab legs I've ever had and its all you can stuff in your gullet. 

The quick service location is attached to the main gift shop, just of the main lobby. You can get snacks,  use your resort mugs (if you get them), there is a small grill for food and they have a few breakfast options. There are tables in the hallway and right outside in the covered breezeway to sit at and eat. 

Beaches and Cream is a great ice cream joint to hit up. It is small so you prob need reservations, but they do have a walk up counter to get ice cream to go, then go sit by the pool. Get the mini-kitchen sink, it comes in a cool Mickey styles sink bowl that you can take home (hint, you can just buy the bowl too, had to do that b/c I had 2 kids and they each wanted it for breakfast cereal at home)

Across the way is the Boardwalk Resort, which is great for a nighttime stroll on a down night. They have live performers doing tricks and midway games. And if someone is taking the kids, there is a great piano bar there that you can go and have a few drinks.  Its a really cool vibe there.  

enjoy, any other questions feel free to ask. 

Didn’t get a FP for flight of passage? Don’t fret and you can leave them Depends at home.  Introducing the Pandora Potty Pass

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2019/03/17/potty-pass-in-pandora/

so far this is the 1st I’m seeing it, so consider it unconfirmed but it is a good idea.  

Plis as they mention in the story, could be a test run for when Galaxys Edge open up and the lines are long enough to require an overnight stay. 
Well overdue; we rope dropped and only waited 40 minutes but I was holding it by the time we got to ride and I was shocked my 11 year old never asked to go. For some of the most popular rides, you’d really think they would just build a bathroom into the line somewhere. 

Just got home from Orlando.  My wife and I stayed with my father-in-law who booked a timeshare condo/townhome for a few days.  It was a Marriott one right near Sea World.  Cypress something maybe?  Anyway, nice place.  We did Disney Springs Friday night.  It's still an awesome place.  Yes, very expensive ($8 to $12 for a beer....give me a break) but you kind of have to expect that going in with anything Disney.  The cupcake ATM is still there at Sprinkles.  :thumbup: We ate at Bongo's.  That's the cuban restuarant owned by Gloria Estefan.  The food was pretty "meh".  We weren't crazy about it either years ago when we tried the location at the Seminole Hard Rock in Fort Lauderdale (now closed).  The ambiance and service was great though.  They give you large portions as well.

On Saturday, we went to Epcot.  We did a few of the rides (Soarin' was probably my favorite) and then did the eat/drink around the world thingie.  Some of the food was disappointing but I really liked the school bread in Norway.  I thought it was cool too how they had legit people from the countries working (4 girls all in German restaurant speaking German to each other, French dude made my crepe, etc).  The illumination show at 9 PM was pretty cool.  Is it true they are doing away with that?

But yeah, had a good time.  :bye:

Heading to Beach Club tomorrow for 6 nights with 18 people.  Any last minute suggestions or tips on the resort?  I haven't been to Disney World since I was 7! Where were the $10 22 oz craft beers?
Hollywood studios had the best beers IMO.  There's a little bar next to the old 50's drive in place that had Jai Alai for $10 for a 22oz IIRC.  The flower and garden festival is going on right now in Epcot, and they had some really good beers as well (4.5oz samples but decent prices)

Just got home from Orlando.  My wife and I stayed with my father-in-law who booked a timeshare condo/townhome for a few days.  It was a Marriott one right near Sea World.  Cypress something maybe?  Anyway, nice place.  We did Disney Springs Friday night.  It's still an awesome place.  Yes, very expensive ($8 to $12 for a beer....give me a break) but you kind of have to expect that going in with anything Disney.  The cupcake ATM is still there at Sprinkles.  :thumbup: We ate at Bongo's.  That's the cuban restuarant owned by Gloria Estefan.  The food was pretty "meh".  We weren't crazy about it either years ago when we tried the location at the Seminole Hard Rock in Fort Lauderdale (now closed).  The ambiance and service was great though.  They give you large portions as well.

On Saturday, we went to Epcot.  We did a few of the rides (Soarin' was probably my favorite) and then did the eat/drink around the world thingie.  Some of the food was disappointing but I really liked the school bread in Norway.  I thought it was cool too how they had legit people from the countries working (4 girls all in German restaurant speaking German to each other, French dude made my crepe, etc).  The illumination show at 9 PM was pretty cool.  Is it true they are doing away with that?

But yeah, had a good time.  :bye:

yep. And while it is one of my fav shows, it is over 20 years old. 

Sounds like a good trip. Disney Springs has become the place for food these days, and if Bongos cant step it up they ain't gonna be around much longer...its been there since it was known as Downtown Disney. Plus Jaleo is opening very soon and will give bongos a run for its money. 

And if you think the German girls were cool, try living with them. When I did the College Program at WDW back in the day, we lived in the same apartment complex as the international CMs. Man, those were parties.  

Last edited by a moderator:
18? Offfa. 

Are you staying in the regular resort, or doing a DVC stay (either renting points or with a member)? THe DVC villas are in the back of the resort and kind of removed from the rest of it which is nice at times. They have their own pool which is much simpler and quieter than the main pool (described below)

Breach club is great, you are in prime walking distance to Epcot which is super popular right now with Flower and Garden Festival. There is a little side door entrance that is right between France and UK, so much easier than the front entrance. Studios is within walking distance too, but I recommend the boats, just a bit faster than walking.

BC's pool is prob the best on the property, but warn you, it's HUGE and you cant see the whole thing from your chair, so if you have young kids you should be near them at all times. They have an awesome whirlpool section that is a little nook that has a swirling jet at the boom that makes a nice whirlpool effect. Great for kids with a vest or other floats. The other downside is that the entrance to the slide is actually outside the pool and across the main walkway, so again, not sure how you are with kids, but someone should be with them. You'' need to have your magic bands scanned before going in, its that popular of a pol that its only for resort guests. 

The pool bar/grill has great food. 

If you like crab legs and seafood, I know its late, but try and get into cape may cafe. Prob some of the best crab legs I've ever had and its all you can stuff in your gullet. 

The quick service location is attached to the main gift shop, just of the main lobby. You can get snacks,  use your resort mugs (if you get them), there is a small grill for food and they have a few breakfast options. There are tables in the hallway and right outside in the covered breezeway to sit at and eat. 

Beaches and Cream is a great ice cream joint to hit up. It is small so you prob need reservations, but they do have a walk up counter to get ice cream to go, then go sit by the pool. Get the mini-kitchen sink, it comes in a cool Mickey styles sink bowl that you can take home (hint, you can just buy the bowl too, had to do that b/c I had 2 kids and they each wanted it for breakfast cereal at home)

Across the way is the Boardwalk Resort, which is great for a nighttime stroll on a down night. They have live performers doing tricks and midway games. And if someone is taking the kids, there is a great piano bar there that you can go and have a few drinks.  Its a really cool vibe there.  

enjoy, any other questions feel free to ask. 
Awesome post, thanks.  We are staying at the regular resort.  We have young kids so thanks for the tips on the pool.  Have reservations for Cape May Cafe specifically for the crab legs so good to know it doesn't disappoint.  Thanks again!

Awesome post, thanks.  We are staying at the regular resort.  We have young kids so thanks for the tips on the pool.  Have reservations for Cape May Cafe specifically for the crab legs so good to know it doesn't disappoint.  Thanks again!
Duuuude...I think I polished off like 7 buckets of crab legs. You should not be disappointed.

BC is a beautiful resort. You should enjoy your time there. Have a blast. 

Holy Crepes!

Just announced as part of the France pavilion expansion, they are adding an authentic crepes location...both a sit-down and quick service window. 

From its distant view of the Eiffel Tower to a waterfront reminiscent of the banks of the Seine, the France Pavilion at Epcot has long possessed a certain je ne sais quoi, inviting guests to linger in a setting inspired by the sidewalks of Paris. And soon, that invitation will be extended in a gastronomic experience as French as Renoir and Monet: the crêpe.

Scheduled to be built in an all-new location near the previously announced Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction, the new crêperie will feature the cuisine of celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse, the mastermind behind the pavilion’s Chefs de France brasserie and its celebration of gourmet cuisine, Monsieur Paul. With a menu inspired by the Brittany region of France, the new location will offer table service dining as well as a quick-service stop for guests craving savory crepes called galettes and sweet crepes.

As if they didn't have any need to sell MORE tickets to the Haloween parties, today rumors popped up that for 2019 they are creating a whole new fireworks show as well as 3 brand new ride overlays. 

This year will bring three new overlays at three different Magic Kingdom attractions: the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Frontierland, and the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. 
no other info about the overlays were released but lets hope they are overall better than 2018's.....POC had an actor running around inside the ride and a few actors in the line. SM had the lights completely turned off (which I didn't mind). And Tea Cups had some new funky lighting and soundtrack, which was pretty cool.

The new fireworks show is expected include texture mapping over the castle much like Happily Ever After. 

we are getting the first look and interesting information about how the Disney Play app will integrate with Galaxy's edge.

Seems that via GPS geofencing (which is awesome in a really nerdy way), the app will transform into a whole new UX when you enter that part of the park. 

It is called a "Galactic Datapad" (OK, kinda lame) and will allow you to:

Translate galactic languages—both written and spoken.

Discover precious cargo and digital goods as you scan objects all around the spaceport—including items hidden inside space-shipping crates and containers.

Tune into communications sent by the planet’s many residents to uncover stories and secrets throughout the land—and unscramble transmissions being sent from far, far away.

Use the Play Disney Parks app to hack into the land’s many devices, control panels and droids.

also, for those who are fans of HBO's Westworld:

The filename for the above image (see image in link) on Disney’s server is “delos marketing”. As fans of HBO’s Westworld might know, Delos is the company that runs the park that blends the imaginary and reality. The premise of Westworld is that guests are able to visit the theme park and have a choose your own adventure style experience with robots that so closely mimic humans, that the line between reality and fake is blended. That is Disney’s goal with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge as well.

Of course, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen a “Delos” reference for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, “Project Delos” has been the project codename since the first permits were filed back in August 2016.

:nerd:

We had some neighbors just get back from 2 days at Disney over spring break.  They hated it...

They have 4 kids ages 12-3...They stayed off site so they couldn't get good FP's, but said their day at MK costs $1000.  They rode Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Barnstormer and the Buzz ride.  They said the wait on everything else was well over an hour.    Obviously they could have planned better or just waited, but I feel bad and hate the way Disney seems to be trending.  

I hope WDW has some sort of bubble bust in the next year or two.  Don't see it happening though.  You're not supposed to go to MK and not be able to get on the major attractions if you don't stay at a resort. 

We had some neighbors just get back from 2 days at Disney over spring break.  They hated it...

They have 4 kids ages 12-3...They stayed off site so they couldn't get good FP's, but said their day at MK costs $1000.  They rode Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Barnstormer and the Buzz ride.  They said the wait on everything else was well over an hour.    Obviously they could have planned better or just waited, but I feel bad and hate the way Disney seems to be trending.  

I hope WDW has some sort of bubble bust in the next year or two.  Don't see it happening though.  You're not supposed to go to MK and not be able to get on the major attractions if you don't stay at a resort. 
There is zero chance that every fast pass in the MK was gone for the whole day. You can always snag a small world or a philharmagic fastpass. 

It sounds like they had zero clue how any of it worked. 

I saw the crowd trackers for Spring Break this year and it was insane. No way I would expect anyone to enjoy themselves on weeks like that. 

As you know, a lot of doing disney is having realistic expectations and managing your day—very tough for people who don't go often and have such wide range of kids that often need you to split up on rides or just do the tamer ones. 

I hear you though with where disney is trending, but as you said, with all the new additions, don't expect it to change anytime soon. But, not to be the business turd in here, but WDW is really a bunch of resorts with some theme parks attached to it. Financially, they WANT you on the property so they incentivize it. Plus with very little slow periods, it is really hard to not be an onsite guest. 

I saw the crowd trackers for Spring Break this year and it was insane. No way I would expect anyone to enjoy themselves on weeks like that. 

As you know, a lot of doing disney is having realistic expectations and managing your day—very tough for people who don't go often and have such wide range of kids that often need you to split up on rides or just do the tamer ones. 

I hear you though with where disney is trending, but as you said, with all the new additions, don't expect it to change anytime soon. But, not to be the business turd in here, but WDW is really a bunch of resorts with some theme parks attached to it. Financially, they WANT you on the property so they incentivize it. Plus with very little slow periods, it is really hard to not be an onsite guest. 
My friends obviously had poor planning, but I'm talking bigger picture you know.  You can't just fly by the seat of your pants and drop in MK and have a fun day.  It is what it is now. 

I haven't been to Disneyland in about 25-30 years. I want to go this year for my birthday in late December. I imagine it's better to go before schools' let out for winter break. Is there a secret day that's statistically lower in attendance that others in December?

My friends obviously had poor planning, but I'm talking bigger picture you know.  You can't just fly by the seat of your pants and drop in MK and have a fun day.  It is what it is now.
No offense to your friends but from the outside it appears they were unprepared for what they were getting in to.  What I do think is a fair question - should someone have to be so prepared for an amusement park visit where they are paying hundreds of dollars for a single day?  Ideally no, but I do think people need to understand that going in.  I'd argue that other than maybe the top 10% of days I could head to any park and have a good time.  But I've been doing this for 17 years.  Knowing what I know now plus what has changed over the years I would never recommend going to Disney to someone who hasn't spent a lot of time researching the trip - including weather, crowd calendars, special events going on, etc.

It's unfortunate that it's that way and every trip I think it's our last but never is.  :)   It's unfortunate what happened to your friends and those are the people who will probably hate Disney forever and think the rest of us are crazy.  Any friend of family member of mine who brings it up I give them lots of warnings about planning and cost of trip.

No offense to your friends but from the outside it appears they were unprepared for what they were getting in to.  What I do think is a fair question - should someone have to be so prepared for an amusement park visit where they are paying hundreds of dollars for a single day?  Ideally no, but I do think people need to understand that going in.  I'd argue that other than maybe the top 10% of days I could head to any park and have a good time.  But I've been doing this for 17 years.  Knowing what I know now plus what has changed over the years I would never recommend going to Disney to someone who hasn't spent a lot of time researching the trip - including weather, crowd calendars, special events going on, etc.

It's unfortunate that it's that way and every trip I think it's our last but never is.  :)   It's unfortunate what happened to your friends and those are the people who will probably hate Disney forever and think the rest of us are crazy.  Any friend of family member of mine who brings it up I give them lots of warnings about planning and cost of trip.
I know I ##### about it, probably too much.  Friends should have totally planned better, thats obvious.  

I was in college , I think it was 2002.  One time me and 8 others loaded up to go to a concert in Orlando.  We got to town really early after driving thru the night and said, hey we got time, lets go to Disney.  Tickets were $50 (one guy didn't have $50).  I think we did everything in MK.  

The next year I went to the NCAA basketball in Orlando over spring break.  I met my parents down there with my gf and we just walked in the park, $55 this year.  This time we split up HS and MK, but I swear we knocked out everything in 10-12 hours.   We "pricelined" a hotel at a local library and ended up at the Gaylord for $100 a night!  

Neither time we stayed on property.  No FP's.  I realize times have changed and that was almost 20 years ago, but I wish it could still be like that.  It takes such an effort to make it now.  It just seems crazy. 

I know I ##### about it, probably too much.  Friends should have totally planned better, thats obvious.  

I was in college , I think it was 2002.  One time me and 8 others loaded up to go to a concert in Orlando.  We got to town really early after driving thru the night and said, hey we got time, lets go to Disney.  Tickets were $50 (one guy didn't have $50).  I think we did everything in MK.  

The next year I went to the NCAA basketball in Orlando over spring break.  I met my parents down there with my gf and we just walked in the park, $55 this year.  This time we split up HS and MK, but I swear we knocked out everything in 10-12 hours.   We "pricelined" a hotel at a local library and ended up at the Gaylord for $100 a night!  

Neither time we stayed on property.  No FP's.  I realize times have changed and that was almost 20 years ago, but I wish it could still be like that.  It takes such an effort to make it now.  It just seems crazy. 

I hear you, if you were there 20 years ago, and happened to eat at Pecos Bills, I probably served you (probably not, but just go with me here.) The parks were def much different then and there were days I could walk through the parks and see only a handful of people. We only really got super busy during the holiday and typical vacation weeks. Flash even further back and my parents NEVER stayed on property, like ever and we never had a problem doing most everything. 

Honestly, I can't put my finger on what changed, or what combination of things? IDK, maybe it was the resort boom, or peoples discretionary spending increased, or something. Does the constant media and movies drive the influx of crowds....we never had 3, 24-hour Disney channels, Pixar and Marvel studios pushing movies every few weeks, etc. Disney today in no way resembles the Disney world from back in the day. IDK if I would enjoy it as much today if I was a 1st timer either. 

But the resorts are running at 75-90% capacity year round, slow times have been all but eliminated, and they are just vacuuming up money. 

I will say that Disney is putting some money in to the parks - I know we all wish it was more and faster but I do give them some credit.  I do think with the crowds they are getting they could finally consider a 5th park but it seems like a pipe dream.

I hear you, if you were there 20 years ago, and happened to eat at Pecos Bills, I probably served you (probably not, but just go with me here.) The parks were def much different then and there were days I could walk through the parks and see only a handful of people. We only really got super busy during the holiday and typical vacation weeks. Flash even further back and my parents NEVER stayed on property, like ever and we never had a problem doing most everything. 

Honestly, I can't put my finger on what changed, or what combination of things? IDK, maybe it was the resort boom, or peoples discretionary spending increased, or something. Does the constant media and movies drive the influx of crowds....we never had 3, 24-hour Disney channels, Pixar and Marvel studios pushing movies every few weeks, etc. Disney today in no way resembles the Disney world from back in the day. IDK if I would enjoy it as much today if I was a 1st timer either. 

But the resorts are running at 75-90% capacity year round, slow times have been all but eliminated, and they are just vacuuming up money. 
We did eat at Pecos Bills!  Would have been Jan 2002.  We were the strung out kids that got more food from the salad bar than we ordered.  We were all nice though.  

The super ultra planning involved gets me down.  I know vacations are expensive now with kids.  Its why we liked DL so much.  we stayed 4 days, 2 park days...but we woke up and decided what we were going to do that day over coffee!  

I'm done, carry on guys  :suds:

I will say that Disney is putting some money in to the parks - I know we all wish it was more and faster but I do give them some credit.  I do think with the crowds they are getting they could finally consider a 5th park but it seems like a pipe dream.
I don't see a 5th park until they untangle the Marvel legal issues, and that's not happening any time soon. Even if they put shovels in the ground today, you are looking at 5 years at their current pace at best. 

We did eat at Pecos Bills!  Would have been Jan 2002.  We were the strung out kids that got more food from the salad bar than we ordered.  We were all nice though.  

The super ultra planning involved gets me down.  I know vacations are expensive now with kids.  Its why we liked DL so much.  we stayed 4 days, 2 park days...but we woke up and decided what we were going to do that day over coffee!  

I'm done, carry on guys  :suds:
It’s funny - the planning has become one of my favorite parts.

Some people just aren't planners.  They don't stand a chance at Disney regardless of whether they stay on or off resort.

Wow. Looking at a trip in about 3-4 years from now with then 5 and 7 year olds.  Just reading through the last few posts this sounds absolutely miserable.

Does this require meticulous, to-the-minute planning? Is there any ability for spontaneous fun? Although I would not enjoy waiting in interminable lines while only getting a handful of rides in a day, I would not want to have to organize a "fun" trip like it's a military op.

Wow. Looking at a trip in about 3-4 years from now with then 5 and 7 year olds.  Just reading through the last few posts this sounds absolutely miserable.

Does this require meticulous, to-the-minute planning? Is there any ability for spontaneous fun? Although I would not enjoy waiting in interminable lines while only getting a handful of rides in a day, I would not want to have to organize a "fun" trip like it's a military op.
It requires planning if you want to do it "right". Without planning you will miss the better rides, food, etc.

It really has come down to organizing in order to maximize the fun. For newbies, it sounds miserable. For most of us here, it is fun and what we look forward to the most. It is not as bad as it sounds once you know the premise of the fast pass system, how to use it and then how to ride the rides you dont have fastpassed. 

I have been going to Disney World since the mid 70's. It is not even close to what it was in the 70's, 80's, 90's or even early 2000's.

It is a puppy mill tourist trap to the extreme now.

Now....I have enjoyed the parks dozens of times in my life being a Florida resident and I was getting off so cheap...it would seem like stealing today. I am talking 1992 - 1999 we could go to all the parks, ride everything, stay off property (never ever stayed on property). We had many slow periods when we knew we could go and ride everything 3-4 times easy and wait in lines for 5 minutes tops. Those were the days. 3 day play tickets for Florida residents were 75-90- bucks tops. 

So we are taking my 14 year old son and my 13 year old niece this Friday for a 4 night stay (off property of course) and we got Florida discovery 3 day tickets and we are going to MK, Epcot and HS. All our fast passes have been set. All our dining is set. You have to plan ahead big time. Since we have been to the parks so many times we know exactly what rides are a must. We also just enjoy walking the parks and spending time together and having some laughs. But man.......the parks are packed year round. There is never any down time at all anymore. Times sure have changed big time.

Oh the cost of the 3 day tickets total for 4 adults?

$745.52

Lord man. But when you break it down. It is $62 per person per park. That is better than 110 or whatever they charge for a one day ticket.

My hotel is running $600 for 4 nights. And it is a one bedroom at the Diamond Resort Beach Club. A great place 5 minutes away from Disney. Food will run 500-600 for 4 people....gas and tolls. Looking at $2100 and change for 4 days and 4 nights and 3 parks for 4 people. Not crazy $$$$ like people who stay on property. That is highway robbery. Yes it is folks....it is stealing.

I wanted to have a Tee-Shirt made of a man bent over and Mickey standing Behind him with one hand on his tail bone and the other waving and the caption above his head saying "See you real soon!!"

I would sell 10's of thousands of those.

Simply plan way ahead with fast passes for must do rides....the rest is all whatever you want to do. It is fun. Just know it is a ton of walking, standing and waiting in lines. But the kids love it. That is why we go.

Yes. No, definitely not. You kinda have to if you want to do it. 

I have a question/request for the Disneyland experts here. My wife and I are planning to go to DL for the first time in June. We're staying at one of the Disney hotels because it sounds like we will be guaranteed a reservation to visit Star Wars Land if we stay at a Disney hotel before June 23rd. I'm looking for restaurant recommendations since we haven't ever been to DL. Especially interested in knowing which restaurants we might have to reserve as soon as our 60 day window opens. We will have a car so we don't have to limit our meals to only the restaurants in the hotels or downtown Disney, but those would be our primary options. Thanks for any help.

Yes, you need to plan...no you don't need to be militant in order to have a really good time.  

most important it set and manage your expectations. No one, not even with the best planning, will 'beat' the parks, they are huge and there is no way to do everything. 

IDK when you were there last, or ever, but the 1 thing that people screw up is not realizing how big that property is, it is literally 2x the size of Manhatten. It takes time to get places and very little of it is walkable outside of the parks and resorts. So you need to budget in bus, boat, monorail or taxi time to get anywhere.

Also, people want to get every minute of their $$ out of the parks. This is a huge mistake and you need to schedule in down times or even a full down/pool day in the middle of the trip. Everyone will need to recharge at some point.

When planning, get a map and familiarize yourself with the property and pick park zones to be in for the day. You don't want to make reservations for breakfast at the Polynesian resort and then think you are gonna make it to Animal Kingdom for rope drop.  Eating at the Polly, plan to be in the MK that day. Crisscrossing the property will eat time and cause you to rush and miss out on things. 

Same goes for planning fastpasses, group them together and try to stay in 1 or 2 lands if you can so you are not bouncing across the park, saves time and energy. 

You got lots of time, but its not a complicated as it sounds, just lots of layers. 

I have a question/request for the Disneyland experts here. My wife and I are planning to go to DL for the first time in June. We're staying at one of the Disney hotels because it sounds like we will be guaranteed a reservation to visit Star Wars Land if we stay at a Disney hotel before June 23rd. I'm looking for restaurant recommendations since we haven't ever been to DL. Especially interested in knowing which restaurants we might have to reserve as soon as our 60 day window opens. We will have a car so we don't have to limit our meals to only the restaurants in the hotels or downtown Disney, but those would be our primary options. Thanks for any help.
So DL is extremely different than DW. 

We ate at two places when we went over MLK jr weekend and reserved both a week ahead. 

Both places were good. One was Blue Bayou which is set in Pirates of Caribbean. The other is on main street called carnation cafe. 

Having said that, downtown disney is steps away from the parks. You can leave, grab something and go back in. There are tons of places, too many to list. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Oh, if you get into SW land, maybe the place to eat will be open and you can tell us all about it. Dying to taste the blue milk. 

AcerFC said:
So DL is extremely different than DW. 

We ate at two places when we went over MLK jr weekend and reserved both a week ahead. 

Both places were good. One was Blue Bayou which is set in Pirates of Caribbean. The other is on main street called carnation cafe. 

Having said that, downtown disney is steps away from the parks. You can leave, grab something and go back in. There are tons of places, too many to list. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Oh, if you get into SW land, maybe the place to eat will be open and you can tell us all about it. Dying to taste the blue milk. 
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear we don't have to sweat the dining reservations at DL like we do at WDW. I'll check out the restaurants you suggested.

After checking out the expected flavors of the milk, I think I'll probably be more interested in the green milk. I'll do my best to report back if we make it into SW land.

Yes. No, definitely not. You kinda have to if you want to do it. 
It's a challenge for most here in the most ###### up way you can imagine.  We did Animal Kingdom today.  I took my two oldest and we did everything in the park sans the stuff in dino land.  The shows, the rides, everything.  Even waited two hours at the end of the day to get on Avatar.  We had done literally everything there by 5pm and they were game to stand in line, so we did.  We did NOT wait around for the night time river light show thing...whatever it's called and we didn't have formal dining of any sort.

The stretch of I-4 between US 27 to the west and SR 528 to the east needs massive expansion upgrades.  The congestion around all the Disney exits is almost unrelated to time of day, it just is crowded at all times.  I know Disney the company has nothing to do with this, but local and state officials really need to get on this quick before it turns into a problem like downtown Orlando 

They should install the water bottle filling fountains on the parks and the FBG here should go into the t shirt making business. We'd make boatloads

Go to Beaches and Cream and get the Kitchen Sink!  Take pics!

Users who are viewing this thread