What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

I'm probably the only person in this thread that isn't a Star Wars fan.  Never seen the movies, just not a fan of that genre really.  Definitely looking forward to the 5 min waits on RnR Coaster and ToT starting in September! 🤘
I’m with you. Going in early December and was hoping the rumors of the opening being delayed were true.

@glvsav37 safe to assume no promotions or free dining will be available around that time now?

Any suggestions/recommendations at Epcot?

Things to see/do?  Best places to eat?
when are you going? The real draw of Epcot now is the festival culture. 

Food and Wine in the Fall, Flower and Garden now, and Festival of the Arts in January/Feb. 

If you are going during any of those times, there is a ton to do in Epcot. I could spend a day eating around the different food booths. Also, if you are just adults, they offer classes and events related to cooking, or gardening, or whatever. Some are free others have a charge for them, but you will get TV personalities, or famous chef or whatever doing demonstrations 

Also, there are concert series like Eat to the Beat or Garden Rocks where they pull out some old great acts and you can enjoy them with the price of admission. 

Just try to avoid Epcot on weekends during any festivals b/c the locals come out and it gets busy. 

On any other time, Epcot is really personal dependant. Do you have kids? how old? Too young will prob not like it that much, but older kids who can enjoy a little education along with their vacation could have a blast.  

FP's are tough here b/c they are tiered, meaning you can only get 1 for the big attractions and the other attractions drop off significantly that they really don't need a FP. I prefer to FP Test Track, Spaceship Earth and then its a toss up after that. Soarin moves somewhat fast b/c of the capacity, and I keep an eye on Frozen wait times and strike when I can. 

As for food, I will say that Epcot used to be the Mecca of unique dining at WDW but it has been replaced by Disney Springs. that's not to say that there isn't god options, there are plenty of great options, but it has its competition now. My Favs are Teppen Edo (Hibachi) and Via Nappoli (delicious flame cooked pizzas). My family is picky so they dont like most international food, but each country has a Quick Serv location as well, so I get my international fix there....like Spice Road Table for Mediterranian, and Yorkshire fish shop for awesome fish and chips.

But if you enjoy international food, then there are plenty of good options—Le Cellier (Steaks, Canada), Rose & Crown (UK— beer and bangers and mash!), Monsieur Paul (French dining).

I get good Chinese here in NY, so I dont go to 9 DRagons, and i've heard hit or miss on Germany's Biergarten. Restaurant Marrakesh is supposed to be great, but I dont do Indian. 

Any other questions, feel free to ask 

I’m with you. Going in early December and was hoping the rumors of the opening being delayed were true.

@glvsav37 safe to assume no promotions or free dining will be available around that time now?
by the looks of it, I guess we can say that now we know why the offered the Free Dining promo in the summer this year vs the fall when they normally do. Although it does run through Sept 30th so there is some crossover. 

But if you enjoy international food, then there are plenty of good options—Le Cellier (Steaks, Canada), Rose & Crown (UK— beer and bangers and mash!), Monsieur Paul (French dining).
Le Cellier steaks are worth the price of admission to Epcot alone.  My God what an awesome meal we had there last trip.  It's definitely a must-do for every future trip now. 

Le Cellier steaks are worth the price of admission to Epcot alone.  My God what an awesome meal we had there last trip.  It's definitely a must-do for every future trip now. 
you need to try Shula's over in the Dolphin Hotel. IMO they have the best steaks, plus lots of football memorabilia all over the resturant. 

I would prob pay $15 per person if it assured me a wait of less than 20 minutes. I can picture everyone buying it and then having to wait an hour. That would piss me off. 

I paid the 15 bucks a day at DL and it was worth every penny
Hey @AcerFC, or anyone else with knowledge of Fastpass at Disneyland.  I’m buying tickets for a day there late next week for my family and planning to add Fastpass for all 4 of us.  Can you explain what I need to do with that like I’m a 4th grader?  My understanding is that we need to head right away to FP rides and get “registered” so that we have a set time to ride those rides which will help to mostly avoid those lines.  Is that correct?  If so, are there certain rides/etc that, if we’re only going to be there for a day, you’d consider must do’s with 3/7 year old girls?

Any non-Fastpass activities you’d highly recommend or advice that might help us that day?  Normally I research the heck out of stuff like this, but life is too busy right now.  Anything you’ve got is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

ETA:  I’ve got the app ready to go, so any advice/tips with that would be appreciated if there’s anything of note.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @AcerFC, or anyone else with knowledge of Fastpass at Disneyland.  I’m buying tickets for a day there late next week for my family and planning to add Fastpass for all 4 of us.  Can you explain what I need to do with that like I’m a 4th grader?  My understanding is that we need to head right away to FP rides and get “registered” so that we have a set time to ride those rides which will help to mostly avoid those lines.  Is that correct?  If so, are there certain rides/etc that, if we’re only going to be there for a day, you’d consider must do’s with 3/7 year old girls?

Any non-Fastpass activities you’d highly recommend or advice that might help us that day?  Normally I research the heck out of stuff like this, but life is too busy right now.  Anything you’ve got is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

ETA:  I’ve got the app ready to go, so any advice/tips with that would be appreciated if there’s anything of note.
It is very simple

After your tickets (which will be on the app) are scanned at the entry, you can then add the fast pass option for each person you are with. If you store your credit card into the app, the only thing you will need is the 3 digit code on the back of the card. memorize that and you save 20 seconds (lol)

On the main page of the app you can see park info and entry and then the second tier down it says My plans

Click Get Fastpass with Disney Maxpass

Then just click all the people and say charge my card

Once you have done that you can start making your fastpass selections. Think of that as a place in line holder. Try to get whichever rides you want for as early as possible. There will be a time you can make your next fastpass. Hit the app up when that time comes to make another fastpass. 

As for rides, it depends on what your girls like.  When your time comes to hit up your fastpass, there is a special entrance for fastpass riders so you do not have to wait on line. you will have to scan each persons fast pass by swiping to gain entrance

It is very simple

After your tickets (which will be on the app) are scanned at the entry, you can then add the fast pass option for each person you are with. If you store your credit card into the app, the only thing you will need is the 3 digit code on the back of the card. memorize that and you save 20 seconds (lol)

On the main page of the app you can see park info and entry and then the second tier down it says My plans

Click Get Fastpass with Disney Maxpass

Then just click all the people and say charge my card

Once you have done that you can start making your fastpass selections. Think of that as a place in line holder. Try to get whichever rides you want for as early as possible. There will be a time you can make your next fastpass. Hit the app up when that time comes to make another fastpass. 

As for rides, it depends on what your girls like.  When your time comes to hit up your fastpass, there is a special entrance for fastpass riders so you do not have to wait on line. you will have to scan each persons fast pass by swiping to gain entrance
Ok, so when I was looking at buying single day tickets I could add Fastpass.  Should I not do that, but instead buy Fastpass after our single day tickets are scanned as I enter the park as you indicated? 

Then by "making my fastpass selections" that sounds like something I do via the app?   Sounds like you can only enter a certain number of Fastpasses?  What do you mean by "there will be a time you can make your next fastpass.  Hit the app up when that time comes to make another fastpass?"  Does that mean when I first enter a pastpass (or however many you can enter), I can only register a certain number (2-3 for example), then I have to wait XX minutes before I can make more Fastpass selections? 

Sorry for sounding like a dope, but thanks for the info!  This will all be incredibly helpful in attempting to maximize what will be our only day there.  Much appreciated Acer.

@SayWhat?

You also get the photopass with the max pass so make sure you take a bunch of pics and let their photographers take them. Then use the app to have the photopass photographers put them onto your account. This works on ride photos as well, however, you have to type the number of your ride photo in the app

Ok, so when I was looking at buying single day tickets I could add Fastpass.  Should I not do that, but instead buy Fastpass after our single day tickets are scanned as I enter the park as you indicated? 

Then by "making my fastpass selections" that sounds like something I do via the app?   Sounds like you can only enter a certain number of Fastpasses?  What do you mean by "there will be a time you can make your next fastpass.  Hit the app up when that time comes to make another fastpass?"  Does that mean when I first enter a pastpass (or however many you can enter), I can only register a certain number (2-3 for example), then I have to wait XX minutes before I can make more Fastpass selections? 

Sorry for sounding like a dope, but thanks for the info!  This will all be incredibly helpful in attempting to maximize what will be our only day there.  Much appreciated Acer.
If they let you add the maxpass right away, you should do that. We did not get our tickets from Disney so that was not an option. What I do know is that I linked my tickets to the app but it would not let me purchase until we were in. This was to stop people who were not in the parks from saving a time for themselves. 

Lets say you book Space Mountain immediately for 9:20am. When you book that fastpass, the app (yes, all done on the app) will tell you what time you can make your next fastpass like this. You can make your next fastpass at 9:50am. SO when 9:50 comes, get on the app and book Alice in Wonderland from 10:00-11:00. So on and so forth for the whole day

Now, knowing the park a little will help you here so you are not traversing the entire park going from one end to the other for fastpasses. I would say that you should try to fastpass stuff in fantasy land and tomorrow land first. Things like Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice, Mr. Toad. Then you can do stuff like Buzz Lightyear, Monsters INC, autopia. Not sure if the girls will be into thrill rides like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain, but I found, unlike Disneyworld, these were available all day and can be done later in the day

Let me know if you still need some help. It is a lot to grasp for someone not familiar with it 

@SayWhat?

You also get the photopass with the max pass so make sure you take a bunch of pics and let their photographers take them. Then use the app to have the photopass photographers put them onto your account. This works on ride photos as well, however, you have to type the number of your ride photo in the app
Excellent advice!  Thanks.

If they let you add the maxpass right away, you should do that. We did not get our tickets from Disney so that was not an option. What I do know is that I linked my tickets to the app but it would not let me purchase until we were in. This was to stop people who were not in the parks from saving a time for themselves. 

Lets say you book Space Mountain immediately for 9:20am. When you book that fastpass, the app (yes, all done on the app) will tell you what time you can make your next fastpass like this. You can make your next fastpass at 9:50am. SO when 9:50 comes, get on the app and book Alice in Wonderland from 10:00-11:00. So on and so forth for the whole day

Now, knowing the park a little will help you here so you are not traversing the entire park going from one end to the other for fastpasses. I would say that you should try to fastpass stuff in fantasy land and tomorrow land first. Things like Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice, Mr. Toad. Then you can do stuff like Buzz Lightyear, Monsters INC, autopia. Not sure if the girls will be into thrill rides like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain, but I found, unlike Disneyworld, these were available all day and can be done later in the day

Let me know if you still need some help. It is a lot to grasp for someone not familiar with it 
Ahhh, that makes a ton of sense.  So essentially you can only have one fastpass scheduled at a time?  Yes, I'll have to get the lay of the land before we head out.  Is there a way to tell which rides are fastpass vs which aren't? 

You're a lifesaver.  :thumbup:

Ahhh, that makes a ton of sense.  So essentially you can only have one fastpass scheduled at a time?  Yes, I'll have to get the lay of the land before we head out.  Is there a way to tell which rides are fastpass vs which aren't? 

You're a lifesaver.  :thumbup:
From what I remember, we were able to have two fastpasses at a  time. Maybe a third if the timing is right but we didnt need it

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters

Fantasmic! (disconnected from the FASTPASS system; distributed near Frontier Landing in Frontierland)

Haunted Mansion

"it's a small world" (distributed near the Matterhorn)

Indiana Jones Adventure (also offers Single Rider Line)

Matterhorn Bobsleds (also offers Single Rider Line)

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Space Mountain (also offers Single Rider Line)

Splash Mountain (also offers Single Rider Line)

Star Tours - The Adventures Continue

@SayWhat? That list is for DL. Here are the California Adventure ones

Goofy's Sky School (also offers Single Rider Line)

Grizzly River Run (also offers Single Rider Line)

Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT!

Radiator Springs Racers (NEW DISTRIBUTION LOCATION behind Ramone’s House of Body Art and Flo’s V8 and also offers Single Rider Line)

Soarin' Around the World

Toy Story Midway Mania

World of Color (disconnected from the FASTPASS system; distributed near The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure; under refurbishment until sometime in 2019)

**** Radiator Springs is a must FP

AcerFC said:
From what I remember, we were able to have two fastpasses at a  time. Maybe a third if the timing is right but we didnt need it

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters

Fantasmic! (disconnected from the FASTPASS system; distributed near Frontier Landing in Frontierland)

Haunted Mansion

"it's a small world" (distributed near the Matterhorn)

Indiana Jones Adventure (also offers Single Rider Line)

Matterhorn Bobsleds (also offers Single Rider Line)

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Space Mountain (also offers Single Rider Line)

Splash Mountain (also offers Single Rider Line)

Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
Anyone have favorites / must do's from this list?  I don't think my girls will have much of a care based upon the names, so looking for coolest and most fun rides/attractions. 

Just got back from 7 full days (did 7 days park hopper plus).  More detailed report later, but a few quick tips/observations:

• Mobile food ordering on the app is clutch.  They have these for most (if not all) quick service places.  Queue up the order and hit the "I'm here" button when you're about 5-10 minutes away from actually arriving and you pick up the food and don't have to wait in line.  Example: While we were waiting in line for Start Tours FP, figured out what everyone wanted to eat, then ordered it from Backlot Express.  As soon as the ride ended, I hit "I'm here" and by the time we got there, everything was ready.   I will say that in AK (on a busy day at Flametree BBQ), there was a little wait even after we got there...but still better than if we hadn't used the app at all.
  • If you're going to park hop, budget in an extra $100 total for your trip and just use Lyft everywhere...don't even think twice unless you happen to see a monorail/boat/bus there exactly when you walk up.  Plus, Lyft has a "subscribe and save" on a month basis (can cancel anytime)...it costs $25 and you get 25% any ride for 30 days.  We never had to wait more than a few minutes b/c there are Lyfts everywhere.
  • The "chat" feature on the app was awesome.  Always someone able to answer any question at your fingertips.  used that alot

Few more things:

• I thought touringplans.com was a great resource for planning/optimizing itineraries.  For the price of like $15/year, it was great and their app was always reliable when you want to know wait times, unlike the official WDW app.
  • I'm not sure how anyone with kids 10 and under operate without a stroller.  So much faster and efficient to put the kids in there and just go from place to place when they're dragging ###.  I don't mean 100% of the time, but when the parks have decent crowds, this thing was a life saver.  Recommend magicstollers.com - they deliver and pickup to the bell services desk. 
  • As a craft beer nerd, I thought their prices/selection was better than I anticipated.  Paying $10 for a 22oz 7% beer was good value IMO.

Open the wallets, its ticket increase day!!! Yeaaaaaa

Disney has altered some of the existing prices in their “date-based tickets and pricing” model, which helps them spread attendance throughout the year. With this in mind, some busier holiday weeks are now more expensive, but the cheapest one-day tickets remain at the starting price of $109.

For example, a 1-day ticket during the Christmas week peak period is now $159 in 2019 (a new, all-time high), versus $129 in 2018, a 23% increase. Tickets around Easter, Memorial Day, and before Christmas cost $139 for a single day ticket by comparison.

Park Hopper upgrades to one-day and multi-day tickets have also increased $5 across the board. Park Hopper Plus hasn’t changed.

also for parking:

Standard parking remains unchanged, but preferred parking is now broken up into tiers. Preferred parking is $45 in regular season, while peak preferred parking is $50 a day. Before this change, every day preferred parking was $50.

the rotting but lovable swamp that was River Country is finally getting demolished to make way for a new resort—Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort (could be a rehab center with that name too, lol). 

Heavy equipment and work on a dock were spotted there today.  

Few more things:

• I thought touringplans.com was a great resource for planning/optimizing itineraries.  For the price of like $15/year, it was great and their app was always reliable when you want to know wait times, unlike the official WDW app.
  • I'm not sure how anyone with kids 10 and under operate without a stroller.  So much faster and efficient to put the kids in there and just go from place to place when they're dragging ###.  I don't mean 100% of the time, but when the parks have decent crowds, this thing was a life saver.  Recommend magicstollers.com - they deliver and pickup to the bell services desk. 
  • As a craft beer nerd, I thought their prices/selection was better than I anticipated.  Paying $10 for a 22oz 7% beer was good value IMO.
How did we not cornhole?

Also how do I walk 10-15k steps a day and still gain weight?

For anyone considering going during Mardi Gras next year I recommend not wearing Lakers, Falcons, or Crimson Tide gear.  I don’t care but it seemed like 50% had either LSU(like myself) or Saints gear on.

Anyone have favorites / must do's from this list?  I don't think my girls will have much of a care based upon the names, so looking for coolest and most fun rides/attractions. 
How old are the kids and what is their thrill level?

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad—pretty much the same as WDW version except the end. Won't spoil it, but they do some cool stuff that everyone was hoping would come to WDW when they did their last refurb, but sadly it wasn't. 

Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters—again, pretty much the same as WDW but the big difference is that the guns are not fixed to the car, which is much better IMO . 

Fantasmic! (disconnected from the FASTPASS system; distributed near Frontier Landing in Frontierland)—Fantasmiuc here is great, but different b/c its not in a big theatre like WDW. If you can get a FP do it just for peace of mind for good viewing. 

Haunted Mansion—same, exterior look different. 

"it's a small world" (distributed near the Matterhorn)—longer and slightly better than the WDW version, but overall the same concept. 

Indiana Jones Adventure (also offers Single Rider Line)—honestly, it's one of the best rides in the park. Once you do this, you'll hate Animal Kingdom's Dinosaur b/c it's the exact same ride vehicle but a waaaay better ride. 

Matterhorn Bobsleds (also offers Single Rider Line)—fun but dated, its an outdoor space mountain. 

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin—don't know much about this one

Space Mountain (also offers Single Rider Line)—Slightly different in seating and soundtrack. SM is a must do anywhere

Splash Mountain (also offers Single Rider Line)—Same as WDW

Star Tours - The Adventures Continue—Same as WDW

DL as other rides that mimic WDW but IMO are better. Pirates is one that I enjoy better, its longer and has a more authentic vibe. 

How did we not cornhole?

Also how do I walk 10-15k steps a day and still gain weight?
went with a bunch of family/friends...almost literally every minute of the day was accounted for.  I hit 20k steps on a few days.  Didn't really go nuts on any food b/c I didn't want to feel like crap.

Where did y'all stay?

I had no idea this existed. What type of questions did you ask them? 
any question that i needed an answer to if I wasn't near a cast member.  

"Where is the arcade at the Swan/Dolphin hotel"

"Can I get my groceries delivered to my room?"

they'll tell you if they can't answer, but it was super helpful and quick

Also, if there's one opportunity for Disney...it's to embrace ride share to it's fullest extent.  The parks are all different around their signage and made it a bit challenging on where exactly to stand.  They are all in the bus "area", but some had very explicit signs, but others didn't. 

went with a bunch of family/friends...almost literally every minute of the day was accounted for.  I hit 20k steps on a few days.  Didn't really go nuts on any food b/c I didn't want to feel like crap.

Where did y'all stay?
Wilderness Lodge.  I love the place.  How about you?

Also, if there's one opportunity for Disney...it's to embrace ride share to it's fullest extent.  The parks are all different around their signage and made it a bit challenging on where exactly to stand.  They are all in the bus "area", but some had very explicit signs, but others didn't. 
Completely agree on this one.  The Minnie vans are a nice addition.

ragincajun said:
Completely agree on this one.  The Minnie vans are a nice addition.
yeah, the "Minne Vans" are their official collaboration with Lyft, but still the signage is sub par.  And I'm not sure what the difference b/w the Minnie Vans and the regular Lyft is?

Good news, they began work today on widening that pathway that runs on the left side (Adventureland/Liberty Square side) of the castle. Its a great way to get from Main St. to Fantasyland but can get really crowded late or not worth it if stuck behind a slow moving group. The moat out front of the castle has been drained for this project and a refurb on the moat. 

the Disney/21st Century Fox deal is expected to finally close on March 20th

It cleared the final hurdle yesterday with a $71.3 Billion deal.

As for properties:

Most notably for film fans is the fact that the deal includes a variety of high-profile movie properties formally owned by Fox. Most notably, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four could finally become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while the likes of Avatar, Alien, and the Predator will also be controlled by Disney.

While Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige and Disney CEO Bob Iger have both been reluctant to talk in detail about the future of these characters in the MCU, both have strongly hinted it will happen. In January Feige described the availability of the X-Men and Fantastic Four as "very exciting," while Iger previously confirmed that Fox's Marvel properties would all be under the control of Feige and Marvel Studios.

Good news, they began work today on widening that pathway that runs on the left side (Adventureland/Liberty Square side) of the castle. Its a great way to get from Main St. to Fantasyland but can get really crowded late or not worth it if stuck behind a slow moving group. The moat out front of the castle has been drained for this project and a refurb on the moat. 
Lets be honest, now there will be more room to enjoy that Mickey waffle place

John Ratzenberger is the luckiest dude in the world (He even says so) with parts in every Pixar movie. 

Here is a video of him doing lines for the new Lighting McQueen Racing Academy opening soon at Disney Studios. My favorite part is that it seems like he is doing the part I loathe the most...getting those MF'ers to move all the way down the row and NOT f@ck!ing stopping in the middle of the row  :rant:

LMRA will be opening at the end of March and is being housed in an unused theater just past Rockin Rollercoaster 

Edit: doing vocal lines....not cocaine lines. Sorry, just realized that sounded odd  :lmao:

application, please! 

Shortly before we published that, we hired someone to ride Animal Kingdom rides all day, every day, and time their actual wait in line. Those actual wait times were added to the daily actual wait times we get from our users and staff.
interesting...I need to give this a better read when I have a moment. Very interesting stuff.

Nothing is safe at the Studios

Indian Jones Stunt Show will soon be getting reworked 

So little has survived the purge on the road to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and its giant boulder have rolled on. Despite being cued up for demolition more times than we can count, this nearly 30-year-old show will be staying in the park, but will finally be getting some much-needed updates if all goes according to plan.

The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular should see some scene updates and a removal of the “working studio” theme that ties it back to the park as it existed in 1989. I wouldn’t expect to see camera crews or talking directors in the show when the changes come, based on the current creative direction of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

To accommodate for adjustments, the show will go dark for a lengthy period spanning from 2020 to 2021.

The new version of the show is set to debut in the Summer of 2021, just in time for Walt Disney World’s ever-growing 50th anniversary celebration and the scheduled release of Indiana Jones 5 in theaters.

Don't get me wrong, It is really in need of an update, but I really enjoyed the studio/movie making aspect of it. Hope they don't screw it up.

glvsav37 said:
Nothing is safe at the Studios

Indian Jones Stunt Show will soon be getting reworked 

Don't get me wrong, It is really in need of an update, but I really enjoyed the studio/movie making aspect of it. Hope they don't screw it up.
Wasn’t it on the chopping block at one point?  I thinks it’s time - it’s a huge space/amphitheater, I’d be fine with something new and seems like there’s a lot they could do there.

Wasn’t it on the chopping block at one point?  I thinks it’s time - it’s a huge space/amphitheater, I’d be fine with something new and seems like there’s a lot they could do there.
it was, or at least speculated, simply bc of its size and proximity to Star Tours. 

Something new is going in there, but it will still be an Indy-themed show. Apparently they are coming out with an IndyJones 5...because EVERYONE is asking for that, right?  :bag: :no:

Users who are viewing this thread