What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's a good short vacation destination (solo)? (1 Viewer)

I'll fly as cheaply as possible, stay in one of the cheapest lodgings possible for the area, and I don't need to eat fancy meals.
This sounds like an awesome vacation.
Being away from every responsibility I have for a couple days sounds awesome no matter what I do or where I go.
Just drive to the nearest town that has a motel 6 and a cracker barrel
Driving somewhere close to here is definitely an option. I'm in northeast Ohio.
However, I was ideally thinking of going somewhere either warm in the wintertime, or if it was summer time then some place that isn't 115 degrees
I'd definitely go during winter just to break up that a bit. That's what I do. How about Austin?
I don't see any direct flights from Cleveland. That's an issue
Yup. Saw that. No direct is no go.

I just found roundtrip to Nashville in two weeks for 85 bucks.
I can't go quite that soon, maybe not till February or March, but still......that's what I'm talking about

I'll fly as cheaply as possible, stay in one of the cheapest lodgings possible for the area, and I don't need to eat fancy meals.
Or like staying home

Exactly, then he realizes he spent 800 dollars for a relaxing weekend of McDonald's, Pabst blue ribbon and a ****ty mattress that has bed bugs or hurt his back in a sketchy neighborhood. Seems like a dream.
Now that’s a little much.

When I travel alone, I consistently stay in places that are in the $200/night range. They’re fine. And cheap, non-fast food places to eat are available in most tourist destinations.

I don’t really care about beverage options, but realize alcohol can be pricey.

Just found roundtrip to Nashville in February for 74 bucks.
Probably not the weather I'm hoping for, but still. Nashville is on the board as an option.
Heck, the destinations that Allegiant Air goes to might be the list.
Daytona beach, fort Lauderdale, Nashville, Orlando, ft Myers, Sarasota, Hilton head, Clearwater, Tampa

Probably not the weather I'm hoping for, but still. Nashville is on the board as an option.
Daytona beach, fort Lauderdale, Nashville, Orlando, ft Myers, Sarasota, Hilton head, Clearwater, Tampa
Flew into Ft. Myers to visit my parents in Naples. Fort Myers (as well as Naples) is still in recovery from hurricane Ian.

Or like staying home

Exactly, then he realizes he spent 800 dollars for a relaxing weekend of McDonald's, Pabst blue ribbon and a ****ty mattress that has bed bugs or hurt his back in a sketchy neighborhood. Seems like a dream.
No my fault you have no imagination or creativity to figure out how to have fun without spending a fortune.

I have been on a ton of vacations for the last 20 years. I have been on a budget and went with no budget. The budget vacations are probably about 50/50 on whether they were good or I was pissed that I wasted my money. I have never once regretted an expensive vacation.

So my fault for trying to help you out and and give you ideas. Carry on.

Or like staying home

No my fault you have no imagination or creativity to figure out how to have fun without spending a fortune.

You provided no help and provided exactly zero ideas.

All you did is talk about how it can't be done and how it will suck

This is the answer. It might not be that great by yourself, but if you like gambling or playing poker you could go on a 2 or 3 binge.

Or like staying home

It helps if you read the posts in the thread you started.

This is the answer. It might not be that great by yourself, but if you like gambling or playing poker you could go on a 2 or 3 binge.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

I’d consider a longer flight and do three nights at an all inclusive in the Dominican. There are round trip flights from Cleveland on certain days for less than $300.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

I know. He used to do this in the NBA thread as well when LeBron was on the Cavs, but I am a sucker for trying to help when I can.

Funny part is I am in Key West right now enjoying vacation and reading football guys while drinking a pina coloda.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

I know. He used to do this in the NBA thread as well when LeBron was on the Cavs, but I am a sucker for trying to help when I can.

Funny part is I am in Key West right now enjoying vacation and reading football guys while drinking a pina coloda.
Sounds pricey.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

Sounds pricey.

Absolutely and worth every penny.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

And he’s enjoying his vacation in Akron, enjoying the Wi-Fi at a local McDonalds, sipping a frosty.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

And he’s enjoying his vacation in Akron, enjoying the Wi-Fi at a local McDonalds, sipping a frosty.
Sans mini umbrella.

The most physically challenging ultra marathon I'm aware of takes place about an hour east of there a month or so later. Its timing in late winter/early spring was chosen in part due to the volatile weather conditions in Tennessee that time of year. This year is being forecasted as an el nino winter, which typically yields colder and wetter conditions in Tennessee, which is already more susceptible to ice than snow.

Good luck!

Or like staying home

Not the first time
Every person who posted in that thread was wrong .....except the one guy who helped.

The most physically challenging ultra marathon I'm aware of takes place about an hour east of there a month or so later. Its timing in late winter/early spring was chosen in part due to the volatile weather conditions in Tennessee that time of year. This year is being forecasted as an el nino winter, which typically yields colder and wetter conditions in Tennessee, which is already more susceptible to ice than snow.

Good luck!
I was simply just pointing out a random flight price. I'm not going there in February.
April I saw a flight for about 200. Still not terrible.

Good luck!
I hope you're talking about the barkley

Or like staying home

Not the first time
Every person who posted in that thread was wrong .....except the one guy who helped.

Then don't ask for our help.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

I didn't ask for your help.

Or like staying home

Not the first time

You asked for everyone on this boards help. Hence the thread you started.
The title was even asked in the form of a question? R.I.P Trebek

Or like staying home

Not the first time

You asked for everyone on this boards help. Hence the thread you started.
The title was even asked in the form of a question? R.I.P Trebek
If you don't like me or my contributions, you don't have to read and reply. Seems simple enough.
Especially when you have never contributed anything of use to them.

Or like staying home

Sure, he asked for destinations within a 2-3 hour flight and you recommended one that is 5+. Super helpful.

Or like staying home

So your way of helping was to suggest flying to a place 5 hours away when he specifically said he was looking to keep his flight to 3 hours or less? And then crapping on his budget telling him that trying to get away for less than $1k isn’t even worth it?

Have you actually contributed anything besides telling him to travel somewhere outside of the range he said he wanted to travel and telling him to spend more than he wants to spend? If not, then maybe you should go ahead and sit this one out.

Or like staying home

Sure, he asked for destinations within a 2-3 hour flight and you recommended one that is 5+. Super helpful.

Or like staying home

So your way of helping was to suggest flying to a place 5 hours away when he specifically said he was looking to keep his flight to 3 hours or less? And then crapping on his budget telling him that trying to get away for less than $1k isn’t even worth it?

Have you actually contributed anything besides telling him to travel somewhere outside of the range he said he wanted to travel and telling him to spend more than he wants to spend? If not, then maybe you should go ahead and sit this one out.
He/ she missed the flight time and budget requirement. It happens…🤷‍♀️

Or like staying home

Or like staying home

I have. In several threads and considering I live further east than he does and it doesn't take me 5 hours to get to Vegas I think you are wrong, but I am done trying to help.

FLL venues may be more pricey than those in Sarasota, Clearwater. Sarasota has several interesting places to visit such as the Ringling Museum. Prices are high Nov to early Apr, then go down, then up again in Jun.

If you like history and old restored houses, what about Savannah or Charleston. Every decent size city has a music and bar scene at night.

Wow. You have that little self awareness? You just asked me where I live so you could come visit my hometown implying you want to see me completely unsolicited. Get help. Seriously.
Why am I remembering that astronaut who wore the diaper so she could drive 9 hours straight to stalk her ex-lover?

Where you live Daisy? I'm coming to your home town!!!!

This is creepy just so you know.
Not as creepy as you posting in every thread I've ever created with uselessness.

Wow. You have that little self awareness? You just asked me where I live so you could come visit my hometown implying you want to see me completely unsolicited. Get help. Seriously.
Look of definition of "joke". Also "sarcasm"

Buffalo or Syracuse would be big enough to find something to do.
Niagra Falls? That would be cool for a weekend.
Can't plan ahead because of lake effect snow, but if one's schedule is flexible you can stay on the NY side for < $100 on a winter weekend day (4 star) then walk across the bridge for a buck.
If I was gonna do something in those areas, I'd wait till summer

It doesn’t fit your warm in winter or cooler in summer, but DC fits most of your other needs. Should be able to get reasonable quick flights. Decent hotels are available at reasonable rates. Each cheap transportation and lots of easily walkable great stuff to see and do. Food and drink can be a little pricey, but there are cheaper options to find.

It doesn’t fit your warm in winter or cooler in summer, but DC fits most of your other needs. Should be able to get reasonable quick flights. Decent hotels are available at reasonable rates. Each cheap transportation and lots of easily walkable great stuff to see and do. Food and drink can be a little pricey, but there are cheaper options to find.
DC might be interesting. Haven't been there since my middle school field trip when I was too young and stupid to appreciate anything

Buffalo or Syracuse would be big enough to find something to do.
Niagra Falls? That would be cool for a weekend.
Can't plan ahead because of lake effect snow, but if one's schedule is flexible you can stay on the NY side for < $100 on a winter weekend day (4 star) then walk across the bridge for a buck.
If I was gonna do something in those areas, I'd wait till summer
I would too, but you want to do 2-3 days for 'well under a grand' and you'll pay that for hotel alone in summer. Allow me to introduce you to prices in the year 2023...

Users who are viewing this thread