What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (1 Viewer)

So, not sure if we are crazy or not but we bit the bullet and planned a trip down in November.  I haven't been following the thread of Disney news as closely so have some questions:

• What's up with 'Ohana not even showing on the reservation list?  I had heard it was not open but that made it seems like it's closed permanently
  • We love Art Smith's and have a reservation there and also one at Boathouse - you guys are saying Disney Springs is chaotic.  Should we skip?  I'm already anxious enough
  • Anybody been to Oga's Cantina?  We really want to go and I managed to get a reservation but then looked at the menu and not sure it's worth it.  Seems like it would still be cool to go though.
  • Any insight yet on the Food & Wine dates?  One of the reasons we are going and I'm worried they will pull the plug before we get there
This is an understatement...it's a complete ####show.  We went down there thinking we might sneak our 3 year old in for a trip to TRex (I hate that place by the way, but the kids love it) and we didn't even get out of the car.  WAY too many people for us.

This is an understatement...it's a complete ####show.  We went down there thinking we might sneak our 3 year old in for a trip to TRex (I hate that place by the way, but the kids love it) and we didn't even get out of the car.  WAY too many people for us.
We went to T-rex last year. Absolutely terrible. 

Disney is now testing a new dining feature "Table Service to Go" 

Like most features at WDW now, you order through the app and select your pick up time. 

Right now it is only at Saana at AKL Kidani (Bread service to go!!! Yes!!!) but it is expected to roll out soon to other restaurants. This gives guests an opportunity to have a restaurant quality meal in the safety of their resort room. This is a huge win for DVC members who are in 1 bedroom or larger that have a full kitchen and dining table.

@AAABatteries

I have been to Ogas. Definitely a fun environment and experience 

HOWEVER, the menu sucks and the drinks are expensive. My family each ordered one drink and we all tasted each others. 

It is great as long as you realize you are paying for the experience and not the awesome menu. 

I Wanted to get those rancor teeth cups and the regular cup as well and my wife made me realize it was a waste of money. Got a lightsaber instead, lol

Ugh, with the Governor lifting a lot of restrictions,  my November trip is now in jeopardy. The whole reason I was able to convince my wife to go was the restricted attendance. I'm still willing,  but I'm sure she won't be when she finds out. 

Ugh, with the Governor lifting a lot of restrictions,  my November trip is now in jeopardy. The whole reason I was able to convince my wife to go was the restricted attendance. I'm still willing,  but I'm sure she won't be when she finds out. 
FWIW the park hasn't changed a single policy as of today.  That's what I'd be concerned with.  The surrounding areas are still pretty ghost townish as well, but that part might change in the next month.  I don't see Disney changing anything drastically for the rest of this year, but who knows.  Avoid the parks on weekends and I think you'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, bad?  I'll be there in 2 weeks.  I hope my whole "Lets got now since there are no wait times" plan doesn't back fire!  
Lots of wait times over an hour. It was a Saturday though. 

FWIW the park hasn't changed a single policy as of today.  That's what I'd be concerned with.  The surrounding areas are still pretty ghost townish as well, but that part might change in the next month.  I don't see Disney changing anything drastically for the rest of this year, but who knows.  Avoid the parks on weekends and I think you'll be fine.
We'll be hitting WDW, Epcot and AK Tuesday-Thursday. Disney Springs on Monday. 

My concern isn't people per se, I worked every day through Corona, it's the lack of being able to get fast passes. There aren't many rides we want to do, this is a pretty chill trip, but I'm going to be pissed if I have to wait an hour for Splash Mountain or Haunted Mansion. 

We'll be hitting WDW, Epcot and AK Tuesday-Thursday. Disney Springs on Monday. 

My concern isn't people per se, I worked every day through Corona, it's the lack of being able to get fast passes. There aren't many rides we want to do, this is a pretty chill trip, but I'm going to be pissed if I have to wait an hour for Splash Mountain or Haunted Mansion. 
Oh.... yeah.... be prepared to be pissed then..... especially if any of your day's are on a weekend. Weekday shouldn't be a big deal.  But they've been having significant problems with splash mountain for various reasons

The Commish said:
Disney is up to about 50% capacity now versus the 20-25% they were when they first opened. And it sounds like it’s definitely starting to feel more crowded with wait times definitely creeping up.

At least that’s the case according to WDWMagic

We're about a week out.  I've stopped paying attention to wait times.  Its just one of those things I can't control so I don't want to fret over it.  We're just going to have a pretty chill trip anyways.  I'll likely drink too many Jai Alai's at the Poly pool.  

We do have a little snafu with the DVC points right now.  I'd appreciate opinions on it for those that are in the know.  My family "shares" 200 points.  My parents tell me to use 150 every other year.  Thats exactly what I do.   Like clockwork we do this trip every other year.  My sister has the same deal, but she screws around and sometimes goes, sometimes doesn't yada yada.   It makes a mess of this "family share" system.  My parents take the leftovers and make a small trip anywhere....last year they went to the DVC resort in Hilton Head (to use up points last minute).  

There were 99 points left over last year and my sister had a Disney cruise booked for June.  They were going to do the cruise then book a few nights at the park.  She never cares, she just wants to use the points. She never officially booked the room and naturally the cruise was cancelled because of Covid.  My parents failed to bank the points in July.  

Trying not to be long winded, but we failed to bank these points, my sister failed to use them and now we're stuck needing to use 99 points before Dec. 1.  I can't use them, my parents are scared to travel.  

Disney isn't budging on letting us bank them late.  Seems like a harsh stance on Disney's part don't you guys think?  Asking a couple in their 70's to use their DVC points in the next 2 months or lose them because a trip fell thru this summer?  

I know we can sell them and we're looking into it, but I'm kind of pissed about their stance on this.   Whats the best website to sell them on @glvsav37 ?  My parents started looking into it last night but the first website they went too asked for their DVC ID and password.  Seemed sketchy.  

jb1020 said:
Disney isn't budging on letting us bank them late.  Seems like a harsh stance on Disney's part don't you guys think?  Asking a couple in their 70's to use their DVC points in the next 2 months or lose them because a trip fell thru this summer?  

I know we can sell them and we're looking into it, but I'm kind of pissed about their stance on this.   Whats the best website to sell them on @glvsav37 ?  My parents started looking into it last night but the first website they went too asked for their DVC ID and password.  Seemed sketchy.  
If the site they went to was Davids Dvc they are safe. I dont know anything about others. 

I forgot to bank, but luckily was only 8 points. 

@jb1020 like @parasaurolophus said, David's is prob the best (and most reputable) site that I know of

There is also a board on disboards for selling them. https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/

Your parents would need to be a little more involved with the transaction but you can set you price low for a quicker sell, vs David's standard price. We've lent points to family members and just need to be on the phone when they make the reservation so we can approve it. Not sure if that is the same with your families situation. 

Obv with David's he takes on the risk of getting scammed and with constant threat of shutdowns you're parents would need to have some sort of agreement with the buyer on a full or partial refund if something drastic happens and WDW gets closed or their home travel state gets put on a quarantine list. Poke around the dis boards and see how other people are structuring their sales. 

I get that you are pissed at DVC over the missed bank window, but I can also see their stance. They really cant afford to have any more unused points out there right now. As owners, once things open up fully, we might be facing very difficult booking issues b/c the points-to-availability ratio is waaaay off now. There is 6 mos of points that went unused out in the wild that people needed to bank and.or use ASAP. They pissed a lot of owners off when they announced that you can only borrow 1/2 of your next years points simply because the potential demand would outweigh the available rooms. 

huh...go figure.  You'd think they'd make a major announcement on this.  It's not been reported at all around here.  I'm kind of shocked actually.
I imagine they were trying to mitigate going from 25% straight to 50%. It didn’t take long for folks to figure it out. Glad I went when it was 25%. Totally worth it. 

I get that you are pissed at DVC over the missed bank window, but I can also see their stance. They really cant afford to have any more unused points out there right now. As owners, once things open up fully, we might be facing very difficult booking issues b/c the points-to-availability ratio is waaaay off now. There is 6 mos of points that went unused out in the wild that people needed to bank and.or use ASAP. They pissed a lot of owners off when they announced that you can only borrow 1/2 of your next years points simply because the potential demand would outweigh the available rooms. 
My parents def dropped the ball.  Their involvement ion this this whole family share thing is laughable.  I'm the most involved, so when #### goes wrong they point the finger at me.  

Note to everyone else...this isn't the best idea to share points like this.  Especially if the buyer pretty much checks out.  

Still pumped tho...we leave Friday!  

My parents def dropped the ball.  Their involvement ion this this whole family share thing is laughable.  I'm the most involved, so when #### goes wrong they point the finger at me.  

Note to everyone else...this isn't the best idea to share points like this.  Especially if the buyer pretty much checks out.  

Still pumped tho...we leave Friday!  
have a blast. I just saw the calendar entry for my conference pop up yesterday and I was 😰

We cancelled our November trip - just not liking the lack of park hours, no fast pass, no park hopping and they can’t guarantee Food and Wine will still be going.

We cancelled our November trip - just not liking the lack of park hours, no fast pass, no park hopping and they can’t guarantee Food and Wine will still be going.
My mind still flip flops, but we're fully committed and committed to having a good time. 

I have a neighbor that's a big Disney guy and he went in June.  Said it was the best time they ever had.  

I'll update everyone from the Poly Pool.   :banned:

My mind still flip flops, but we're fully committed and committed to having a good time. 

I have a neighbor that's a big Disney guy and he went in June.  Said it was the best time they ever had.  

I'll update everyone from the Poly Pool.   :banned:
I thought Poly was closed for renovations :mellow:  

There are some things closed....the big lobby, O'Hana, some rooms.  I think everything else is a go.  
ah...ok...hope you have a good trip.  Weather's supposed to be pretty nice next week from what I've seen :thumbup:   We'll be down there on Friday with some friends visiting from Indy.

We were at Disney Springs today, and it was absolutely fantastic. They have screeners at all entrances checking temperatures and the whole pace enforces masks. Not one person was mask-less anywhere. Not many people there either. Just about everything was open which was nice. 
We’ve got tickets to Magic Kingdom tomorrow and we’re pretty stoked about that me, wife, 3 kids). 

We were at Disney Springs today, and it was absolutely fantastic. They have screeners at all entrances checking temperatures and the whole pace enforces masks. Not one person was mask-less anywhere. Not many people there either. Just about everything was open which was nice. 
We’ve got tickets to Magic Kingdom tomorrow and we’re pretty stoked about that me, wife, 3 kids). 
wow...that's great news actually....we were down that way a month or so ago and it was an absolute ####show.

We still have our annual passes but obviously aren’t using them. We scheduled 3 days for December on a long weekend, but seeing recent weekend crowds nixed that idea. So we changed it to tue - thurs. We’ll see. If it was just my wife and I, I would probably be fine with it but my toddler really won’t keep a mask on for any extended period of time so I don’t see how we can do it. Couldn’t eat at a restaurant, couldn’t take him into stores. I don’t know. I feel bad for my wife though, she misses it and I know we are missing some great memories with the kid. He freaking loves going there. Sucks. 

Weekends are definitely more full. At animal kingdom today and its decent. They are pretty strict about the mask thing. I can count on one hand how many people ive seen with them off. Epcot is a hot mess with the construction. Its just not the same. And if you have little ones that like to play in the play areas, they are all closed in the parks weve been to

Less than a week until my wife and I leave. We're leaving Friday, will arrive in Florida on Saturday. Pretty psyched since this is the first time my wife and I will be on vacation by ourselves (well for more than a day or two) since our son was born. That was 21 years ago. :)

Less than a week until my wife and I leave. We're leaving Friday, will arrive in Florida on Saturday. Pretty psyched since this is the first time my wife and I will be on vacation by ourselves (well for more than a day or two) since our son was born. That was 21 years ago. :)
Have fun

Oh man, I'm back in the real world.   Had fun, lots of fun...but it was way different. I still undecided about the Fast Pass thing.  Lines overall were definitely shorter, but we ended up sort of aimlessly walking around the park looking for a short wait time.   I'd lean towards wanting to have  FP.  You only get 3 rides....but you get 3 rides!  We did a lot of walking and waiting but definitely rode more.  

We did get on Rise of the Resistance, and its totally bad ###.  We were 1 out of 3 in scoring a boarding pass, but I think we were pretty fortunate to get the 1.  Its a #### show trying to get a pass though.  I hope thats not a long term thing.  

I did enjoy not having a dinning plan.  We just don't eat enough.  We're fine with buying 5 pretzels and calling it lunch.  I haven't broken down the costs, but I'm certain we saved a lot more money.  

Oh man, I'm back in the real world.   Had fun, lots of fun...but it was way different. I still undecided about the Fast Pass thing.  Lines overall were definitely shorter, but we ended up sort of aimlessly walking around the park looking for a short wait time.   I'd lean towards wanting to have  FP.  You only get 3 rides....but you get 3 rides!  We did a lot of walking and waiting but definitely rode more.  

We did get on Rise of the Resistance, and its totally bad ###.  We were 1 out of 3 in scoring a boarding pass, but I think we were pretty fortunate to get the 1.  Its a #### show trying to get a pass though.  I hope thats not a long term thing.  

I did enjoy not having a dinning plan.  We just don't eat enough.  We're fine with buying 5 pretzels and calling it lunch.  I haven't broken down the costs, but I'm certain we saved a lot more money.  
I told my wife when we went, when we go back we are not doing lunches that the snacks are fine.  The lunch food to me was pretty bad anyway.  I'd rather just do the snacks and then eat dinner.

We had to wake up at 5:30 the day we went to HS because I needed that ROR boarding pass. I dont say this often, but very happy we got up early and got it bc it is awesome. But its not an optimal way to get people on a ride that is down A LOT

We had to wake up at 5:30 the day we went to HS because I needed that ROR boarding pass. I dont say this often, but very happy we got up early and got it bc it is awesome. But its not an optimal way to get people on a ride that is down A LOT
5:30??? Was that Pre Covid Disney?  Cause the park doesn't open until 10 right?  

I told my wife when we went, when we go back we are not doing lunches that the snacks are fine.  The lunch food to me was pretty bad anyway.  I'd rather just do the snacks and then eat dinner.
We looked into having a sit down one day at Liberty Tree and it was like $62 per adult!  Screw that.  

You know what else was awesome about no dining plan an no sit down restaurants....NO TIPPING!  I swear we would end up tipping $40-50 a day when we had a sit down meal with the meal plan.  

Mobile ordering is so smooth too.  We loved it.  

In my view, if you're already on edge with the virus stuff, going to MK or even HS is going to make you nervous just because of the way the parks are laid out and how flow in those parks happen.  They both have choke points or narrower areas to get from one place to the other.  I didn't feel that at all in Epcot or AK though.  The only time I felt weird was walking into restaurants at Epcot.  Otherwise, those parks afford you the ability to keep all the distance you want.  And as I said above, I would avoid the parks on weekends if at all possible.  Do like a Wednesday to Tuesday trip where you have a break day on the weekend days.  

We went to Disney Springs on Sat night for dinner and it was absolutely insane.  We felt ok in the restaurant, but everything else felt REALLY crowded.  There were people everywhere.

January 2020.  Just before the madness
We were there in January as well.  Our day at Hollywood Studios they had the water fountains running in the morning to stop possible freezing it was so cold.  Slinky dog didn't start til later in the day due to temps so my kids missed out on that.  By the time they started it up the lines were insane the rest of the day.

January 2020.  Just before the madness
That was such an incredible ride.  I kind of knew what it was, but not really.  We all sort of went into it blind.  I hesitate to admit it, but it was my birthday so my wife and I tried to have an extra fun day and ate some weed gummies.  We took them standing in line for Smugglers Run, which was pretty cool too.  The best part of that ride was walking in an feeling like it was the real Millennium Falcon.  The ride itself was fun, but a little hectic with a 10, 8 and 5 year old controlling things.  

By the time we got thru the line for Rise the gummies had taken full affect.  My wife had no clue what the ride was going to be.  We got to the room where Rey gave her little speech then they opened the doors and it was like an outdoor setting.  We didn't know the ride had actually started!  You have to remember the number you're standing on in the first few rooms, and of course I had forgotten.  Cast Members/Actors were awesome.  They were "rushing us" in the first few rooms trying to "escape."  Then that first little transfer bus gets caught by the First Order and it got a little wild.  You go from a fun escape to a prisoner.  My wife got fussed at for not following orders and someone barked at me for being captured on my Bday (I had the pin on).  

It was a major relief to finally get to the buggy and just sit.  

That was clearly the highlight of the trip, but the logistics of that ride have to be maddening.  

That was such an incredible ride.  I kind of knew what it was, but not really.  We all sort of went into it blind.  I hesitate to admit it, but it was my birthday so my wife and I tried to have an extra fun day and ate some weed gummies.  We took them standing in line for Smugglers Run, which was pretty cool too.  The best part of that ride was walking in an feeling like it was the real Millennium Falcon.  The ride itself was fun, but a little hectic with a 10, 8 and 5 year old controlling things.  

By the time we got thru the line for Rise the gummies had taken full affect.  My wife had no clue what the ride was going to be.  We got to the room where Rey gave her little speech then they opened the doors and it was like an outdoor setting.  We didn't know the ride had actually started!  You have to remember the number you're standing on in the first few rooms, and of course I had forgotten.  Cast Members/Actors were awesome.  They were "rushing us" in the first few rooms trying to "escape."  Then that first little transfer bus gets caught by the First Order and it got a little wild.  You go from a fun escape to a prisoner.  My wife got fussed at for not following orders and someone barked at me for being captured on my Bday (I had the pin on).  

It was a major relief to finally get to the buggy and just sit.  

That was clearly the highlight of the trip, but the logistics of that ride have to be maddening.  
What was your process for getting the boarding passes?

What was your process for getting the boarding passes?
You, and your entire party, have to be in the park.  At 10am and 2pm they release the boarding passes.  You have to have your phone and get to the Disney app and hit the join button.  There is a new sections for virtual queues.  And it fills up in the blink of an eye.  

You, and your entire party, have to be in the park.  At 10am and 2pm they release the boarding passes.  You have to have your phone and get to the Disney app and hit the join button.  There is a new sections for virtual queues.  And it fills up in the blink of an eye.  
Thanks. So you don't have to be there before the park opens?  Just inside the park by 10am?

Thanks. So you don't have to be there before the park opens?  Just inside the park by 10am?
I don't think it matters.  The way it was while we were there was passes get released at 10am and 2pm.  

I think the park always opens at 10am these days though.  If you have a trip planned I'd double check.  

I don't think it matters.  The way it was while we were there was passes get released at 10am and 2pm.  

I think the park always opens at 10am these days though.  If you have a trip planned I'd double check.  
Much better process.  I was there week one and we got to the front gate at 5:45 AM and there were already 2K people there. Madhouse

Much better process.  I was there week one and we got to the front gate at 5:45 AM and there were already 2K people there. Madhouse
This stuff is still my overall beef with Disney.  We stayed at one of the nicer resorts, 7 days, 2 days at Hollywood and we were very lucky to be able to ride their big attraction.  Seems like there should be more of a guarantee for people like me that stay on site.  

I don't know the best way to do it, but this doesn't seem like it.  

This stuff is still my overall beef with Disney.  We stayed at one of the nicer resorts, 7 days, 2 days at Hollywood and we were very lucky to be able to ride their big attraction.  Seems like there should be more of a guarantee for people like me that stay on site.  

I don't know the best way to do it, but this doesn't seem like it.  
I remember reading Disney was considering some derivative of fast pass preference “at a price“ (for $$ or onsite 5* hotel) for 2021 But Covid got in the way.  It’s a “bad look” to offer a white glove experience for $$ But it’s already happening in a lot of other ways.

I slum it when I go but I live right up the street.  I’d have no issues if someone paying $750 a night got 10 fast passes starting at 120 days out or other preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread