What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***DO NOT MISS THIS!*** (1 Viewer)

Alex - FFPC

Footballguy
Follow Online and listen to a Live play-by-play broadcast of a REAL Footballguys Players Championship draft!

Friday, August 6th at 10:00pm

The live broadcast can be heard on Red vs Blue Blogtalk Radio. Scott Atkins will be participating in the draft AND provide play-by-play commentary.

The 12 participants have all agreed to have their results published and this will be the only FPC draft which will be available to the public.

RTSports League page is HERE.

Here is the list of the participants in the official draft order. Thanks to everyone for allowing us to be part of your draft:

1. Ed Nolan - Gridiron Irishman

2. Darren Armani – FantasyMojo.com

3. Ormond Rose – Kotrax

4. Henry Muto - Chimeras

5. Vince Barkman - Greenwood Invincibles

6. John Duckworth – War Kittens

7. Lou Tranquilli – BFDFantasy.com

8. Mark Manzo - Olympic Drinking Team 3

9. Wayne Ellis – Coltsfan

10. Lenny Pappano – Draftsharks.com

11. Scott Atkins and Perry Van Hook – Hook’s Legacy

12. Ollie Radakovitz - Army of Darkness

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited to be drafting in this thing. Look at that participant list! Most anyone who follows HIGH STAKES football, will recognize most of the names here. These are the same names when you see them appear in your league, you just say... damn, it's going to be tough.

I think this is the ADP we've been waiting for, to really get a gauge of player values. Granted alot still changes between now and September but you definitely will get the idea of how to draft a winning team in the FPC format after this. I'm sure some of the picks here will cause us all to research some names a little closer.

I also highly doubt the grand prize winner comes from this draft but it all comes down to drafting the right guys, not following the herd!

Best of luck to everyone and we'll see you Friday night at 10 EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow Online and listen to a Live play-by-play broadcast of a REAL Footballguys Players Championship draft!

Friday, August 6th at 10:00pm

The live broadcast can be heard on Red vs Blue Blogtalk Radio. Scott Atkins will be participating in the draft AND provide play-by-play commentary.

The 12 participants have all agreed to have their results published and this will be the only FPC draft which will be available to the public.

We will provide a direct link to the RTSports league page which will allow guests to view the draft.

Here is the list of the participants in the official draft order. Thanks to everyone for allowing us to be part of your draft:

1. Ed Nolan - Gridiron Irishman

2. Darren Armani – FantasyMojo.com

3. Ormond Rose – Kotrax

4. Henry Muto - Chimeras

5. Vince Barkman - Greenwood Invincibles

6. John Duckworth – War Kittens

7. Lou Tranquilli – BFDFantasy.com

8. Mark Manzo - Olympic Drinking Team 3

9. Wayne Ellis – Coltsfan

10. Lenny Pappano – Draftsharks.com

11. Scott Atkins and Perry Van Hook – Hook’s Legacy

12. Ollie Radakovitz - Army of Darkness
will the link to the draft just be posted in this thread?

Wow, talk about the draft from hell.

First caught up in bad traffic jam comming home from work, goona be late tried to call cell phone dead.

Get home 10:05 get online into draft room, can't chat. Then I realize my team has been replaced by a buudy of mine. Call commish, "I'm here now"

Draft 1st four rounds fine, refresh draft room and it says "You're a guest you cant pick." call commish, halt the draft, have my buddy make pick.

Now I'm back for round 6. great 6-9.

My modem takes a crap, can't call my buddy b/c cell phone is dead and landline goes thru modem.

Find wifes cell phone (BTW he's pissed I came home got on computer never said "Hi") CAll buddy on wifes cell, still no internet for me Draft Blind with him talking me thru it until round 19 when my internet comes back.

I feel like I've been hit by a truck

Here is my team.

Schaub, Matt QB (HOU - 7)

McNabb, Donovan QB (WAS - 9)

Rice, Ray RB (BAL - 8)

Turner, Michael RB (ATL - 8)

Barber, Marion RB (DAL - 4)

Portis, Clinton RB (WAS - 9)

Jackson, DeSean WR (PHI - 8)

Knox, Johnny WR (CHI - 8)

Gaffney, Jabar WR (DEN - 9)

Massaquoi, Mohamed WR (CLE - 8)

Avery, Donnie WR (STL - 9)

Henderson, Devery WR (NOR - 10)

Naanee, Legedu WR (SDG - 10)

Gage, Justin WR (TEN - 9)

Davis, Vernon TE (SFO - 9)

Heap, Todd TE (BAL - 8)

Thomas, David TE (NOR - 10)

Hartley, Garrett K (NOR - 10)

Vikings, Minnesota D/ST (MIN - 4)

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay D/ST (TAM - 4) (To Play week one when MIN plays the Saints)

Only 4 RBs OUCH

For you guys that drafted, could you leave some feedback here http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=541921

Thanks. And thanks for letting us look over your shoulders in the draft. Good stuff.

J
got a last second spot in this when an owner failed to show. So I jumped in to save the day and did as best i could. I was very excited to hear Russ and David complement my draft and really hope they were on target. :yawn: Top 10 spots figure to be my week one starters....hopefully.

Peyton Manning

Cedric Benson

Reggie Bush

Sidney Rice

Dez Bryant

Dallas Clark

Antonio Gates

John Carlson

Rob Bironas

Baltimore Ravens

Matt Cassel

Justin Forsett

LaDainian Tomlinson

Bernard Scott

Antonio Bryant

Mike Williams

Anthony Gonzalez

Eddie Royal

Davone Bess

Austin Collie

Had the 8th pick and it has to be the toughest slot this year, thankfully this was an FFPC scoring draft and i had the chance to go with the TEs after the top RBs and Andre went off the board. So thats the route i went for. I will be hoping to play a three TE set most weeks in this duel flex 1.5 ppr for TEs format. If Forsett picks up where he left off last year and all things point towards just that so far this season I will plug him in somewhere. The pick that will make or break me is the Sidney Rice pick. Not because of the Farve situation as I am am sure he will not leave 20 million on the table and will play this season. Its Rice's hip that worries me more than that. This is such a big year for his career and since surgery was ruled out in the off season I will just have to hope he guts through any early soreness and plays through it till its 100% again. If i can get him on the field i will just need to find one other WR to play weekly out of all those choices. Again I 100% believe Favre will play this season, the guy just loves his cash to much to give up 20 million. Benson got to me in round five and i was quite happy with that and was considering him or Moreno at that spot and since i already took a health risk with Rice i passed Moreno and took Benson who i am quite high on. I almost got Moreno to get back to me in round six but just missed him and Ronnie Brown by a few picks. So i took Reggie Bush which will at worst make up for any RB ppr's missing with the Ced Benson pick. My team will rely on the TE's and Peyton Manning who i feel will throw as many TDs as he wants this season. I'm thinking in the 40-50 range he and his weapons are just to good to not reach those high numbers imo. Thats why i took him instead of going RB#1 in the forth round. I really think he has a great chance at putting up a special year like he did a few years back when he had 50.

I figured i would have to take risks in this draft especially with he high quality of the drafters so i took some chances. I would think to win a contest like this that one would need to take a few risky picks along the way anyhow. I know this guys i was in the FFOC last year and this contest looks somewhat like it and that contest was as exciting as any as i have ever been in. Once the cut line playoffs begin it becomes almost addicting to follow and your Monday nights will never be the same if you have a team alive in this contest. To have the live scoring up on your PC on Monday nights and watch it change after every play and hoping your teams stay above it is just as fun as it gets. Trust me when i tell you this...don't miss out on this contest this year. it will be all of ours best chance to win it as this will grow and be much bigger and therefore tougher to win going forward yearly.

So if i can just get Rice healthy I think I can make some noise in this Contest.

Don- Azzurri

Given that we broadcast this draft and had it available for viewing, I don't see anything wrong with a few rounds for the hungry crowd....But PLEASE do yourself a favor if you are entering the competition and go to blogtalk radio and download the 8/6/10 version of RedvsBlue and listen to some excellent commentary from Scott and DD and some good questions and comments as well

1.01 Chris Johnson

1.02 Adrian Peterson

1.03 Andre Johnson

1.04 MJD

1.05 Frank Gore

1.06 Ray Rice

1.07 Randy Moss

1.08 Antonio Gates

1.09 Reggie Wayne

1.10 Miles Austin

1.11 Roddy White

1.12 Larry Fitzgerald

2.01 Steven Jackson

2.02 Greg Jennings

2.03 Rashard Mendenhall

2.04 Calvin Johnson

2.05 Dallas Clark

2.06 Brandon Marshall

2.07 Michael Turner

2.08 Jamaal Charles

2.09 Aaron Rodgers

2.10 Jermichael Finley

2.11 Jason Witten

2.12 Ryan Matthews

3.01 Marques Colston

3.02 Steve Smith NYG

3.03 Brent Celek

3.04 DeAngelo Williams

3.05 Tony Gonzalez

3.06 Vernon Davis

3.07 Hakeem Nicks

3.08 Sidney Rice

3.09 Drew Brees

3.10 LeSean McCoy

3.11 Shonn Greene

3.12 Chad Ochocinco

4.01 Steve Smith CAR

4.02 Chris Wells

4.03 Anquan Boldin

4.04 Pierre Thomas

4.05 Peyton Manning

4.06 Ryan Grant

4.07 DeSean Jackson

4.08 Jahvid Best

4.09 Michael Crabtree

4.10 Wes Welker

4.11 Matt Forte

4.12 Hines Ward

BTW if you missed this live, there is an article posted today "FBG PC draft dissected" that will give you tons of information and a link to the full draft board.

In addition if you go to blogtalkradio.com you can find the archived RedvsBlue show from 8/6

BTW if you missed this live, there is an article posted today "FBG PC draft dissected" that will give you tons of information and a link to the full draft board.In addition if you go to blogtalkradio.com you can find the archived RedvsBlue show from 8/6
Plus we made this article FREE so everyone can enjoy it

BTW if you missed this live, there is an article posted today "FBG PC draft dissected" that will give you tons of information and a link to the full draft board.

In addition if you go to blogtalkradio.com you can find the archived RedvsBlue show from 8/6
where is it, cant locate it?
http://footballguys.com/10pvh_fpcdraft.php
Who is that Terminilli guy? LMAO...PLEASE make it TERMINIELLO ;) . Didn't think anyone could have a shot at it all coming out of such a tough draft but Im sitting at 5th overall right now and Lenny P is in the top 30 as well even MONEY INC is in the top 250...thats pretty good if u ask me all things considered!Well David D maybe you were right when you said my team was the type of team that could not only win the league but also the entire contest during the live broadcast! Ya I know its very early and my team may be over achieving plus i don't own Arrian Foster :( :( :( ..and wow do i wish i did..i was trying to land him but got beat to him and wow had i landed him id be in first now i think with a MUCH better shot at this contest...

where is it, cant locate it?
http://footballguys.com/10pvh_fpcdraft.php
Who is that Terminilli guy? LMAO...PLEASE make it TERMINIELLO :lmao: . Didn't think anyone could have a shot at it all coming out of such a tough draft but Im sitting at 5th overall right now and Lenny P is in the top 30 as well even MONEY INC is in the top 250...thats pretty good if u ask me all things considered!Well David D maybe you were right when you said my team was the type of team that could not only win the league but also the entire contest during the live broadcast! Ya I know its very early and my team may be over achieving plus i don't own Arrian Foster :( :( :( ..and wow do i wish i did..i was trying to land him but got beat to him and wow had i landed him id be in first now i think with a MUCH better shot at this contest...
Just incredible Donny. Represent!

Users who are viewing this thread