What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do we think Zaire Franklin is for real? (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
He's beasting now, but is that only because Leonard is out? FS lists him as a Mike, along with Okereke. Is Indy a purely 2-LB set and Franklin goes back to the bench? Has he earned more snaps? Is Leonard anywhere near returning?

I think he can be for real and still head to the bench if/when Leonard gets back in the lineup. Without knowing Leonard's true situation Franklin is a definite hold and start as long as Leonard is inactive on game days. I have a sneaky suspicion that if/when Leonard does get to be active on gamedays that he will be eased into the lineup and Franklin will still be on the field quite a bit but not enough to start him. I think it will take a few weeks before Leonard is back to full time so it will kill both their values.

Once Leonard is back, Franklin will still likely have spot duty but not enough to warrant a start in any format, IMO.

Now, it's pretty obvious this is a solid "handcuff" situation. When Leonard goes out, this guy can be freaky.

Interestingly he started ahead of Okereke next to Shaq when the game started, so looks like he is startable with Shaq once he gets back. For now with Leonard out week 5 with the concussion he is going to be gold this week.

Interestingly he started ahead of Okereke next to Shaq when the game started, so looks like he is startable with Shaq once he gets back. For now with Leonard out week 5 with the concussion he is going to be gold this week.
I agree with this. Surprised by the start over Okereke but if that holds for when Leonard is back he is good to go.

Franklin cost me $15 of $100 FAAB to snatch back up today (I dropped him just before KO because I had Leonard and he was active and figured Franklin would fade back to low snaps)...

Franklin cost me $15 of $100 FAAB to snatch back up today (I dropped him just before KO because I had Leonard and he was active and figured Franklin would fade back to low snaps)...
at least you got him back. Who did you drop him for?

at least you got him back. Who did you drop him for?
Jevon Holland as my 5th DB...
Why sad? I have 4 decent other DB's - H.Smith, B.Baker, J.Abram and E.Jackson. I felt Franklin was more important right now than Holland as a 5th DB..

I
Why sad? I have 4 decent other DB's - H.Smith, B.Baker, J.Abram and E.Jackson. I felt Franklin was more important right now than Holland as a 5th DB..
I thought you dropped Franklin for Holland as your 5th DB. My question was about who you dropped Franklin for right before the game that caused you to have to get him back.

I
I thought you dropped Franklin for Holland as your 5th DB. My question was about who you dropped Franklin for right before the game that caused you to have to get him back.
Ah I got you now - I dropped Franklin for E.Jackson. it was right after H.Smith left the Minny game and I thought he had gotten properly hurt. I had gone back and forth on Holland vs Jackson all Week, chose Holland and just felt his week 3 game was an outlier. Jackson had a good game and thus solidified my thought to drop Holland to pick Franklin back up after Shaq got his face broke. Just should have selected Jackson and kept Franklin in hindsight but I got there in the end.

With Leonard being eased back in, it appears that Okereke is the one taking the hit. Looks like Franklin is good to go and should continue his productive year even with Leonard back in the fold.

With Leonard being eased back in, it appears that Okereke is the one taking the hit. Looks like Franklin is good to go and should continue his productive year even with Leonard back in the fold.
This is my thought exactly!

Yeah a bit of a surprise on one hand... but with how great Franklin was I guess it's not too shocking.

Despite Leonard being back, Franklin still saw 100% of the snaps last weekend. Shaq only had 39% and Okereke 61% (that math makes sense). We'll see how those numbers level off starting this week.

Okereke still logged 3 solos, 4 assists. Shaq's numbers will start to rise. Franklin's a good bet to see high tackle totals (6/2 last weekend).

One of the best FA Moves I did this year and as we wind down the season, what does everyone thin k of him moving forward next season with Shaq Leonard healthy and back in his MLB spot?

If Franklin goes back to SAM does he drop considerably in production?

One of the best FA Moves I did this year and as we wind down the season, what does everyone thin k of him moving forward next season with Shaq Leonard healthy and back in his MLB spot?

FWIW, Okereke is a UFA.

I believe the few games that Leonard was back this year it did not affect Franklin. Okereke was the guy that was impacted. With Okereke being a FA I think Franklin will be just fine. Probably not to the extent of this year but in the LB3 floor to LB2 upside (or LB1 type if Leonard has issues).

Users who are viewing this thread