What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does T.O. deserve to go to the Pro Bowl this year? (1 Viewer)

zoonation

Footballguy
through week 12 T.O. has 61 receptions for 831 yards and 8 touchdowns.

He is on pace for:

88 receptions for 1208 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Seems pretty cut and dried that he makes it...easily.

I'd say yes he deserves to go. Not only is he putting up Pro Bowl numbers he's doing it at the right time, he's posting numbers when it counts. He could use another 100/TD game this weekend to make it a lock.

through week 12 T.O. has 61 receptions for 831 yards and 8 touchdowns.He is on pace for:88 receptions for 1208 yards and 12 touchdowns.Seems pretty cut and dried that he makes it...easily.
I would prob agree he makes the Pro Bowl, but he has some competition. Roy Williams, Darrell Jackson, and Steve Smith are having very good years.

Yes, he deserves to go - yes he'll get enough votes.

If Torry Holt had not droped off the face of the earth, however, TO might not have been able to generate enough votes to make anything better than the alternate spot.

My "locks" are ROY and Steve Smith.

I think the third vote getter will be Marques Colston if he can return this week and pick up where he left off by next week (he just needs 67/game and 3 TDs from here on out to have 1200/10 in his rookie year - that's as much a lock as you can get).

DJax and TO will be fighting it out for the fourth spot, but I think they both make it (isn't it 5 WRs in the Pro Bowl?) - a resurgence by Torry Holt could screw things up.

The AFC is tougher since so many WRs have been streaky on that side of the league.

Yes, he deserves to go - yes he'll get enough votes.If Torry Holt had not droped off the face of the earth, however, TO might not have been able to generate enough votes to make anything better than the alternate spot.My "locks" are ROY and Steve Smith.I think the third vote getter will be Marques Colston if he can return this week and pick up where he left off by next week (he just needs 67/game and 3 TDs from here on out to have 1200/10 in his rookie year - that's as much a lock as you can get).DJax and TO will be fighting it out for the fourth spot, but I think they both make it (isn't it 5 WRs in the Pro Bowl?) - a resurgence by Torry Holt could screw things up.The AFC is tougher since so many WRs have been streaky on that side of the league.
Good call on Colston; I somehow (??) overlooked him. He has been unbelievable this year.

I think he barely gets in. Smith, DJax, and Colston look pretty solid. TO, Roy & Driver (don't overlook him) are pretty close too.

Driver (don't overlook him)
I didn't "overlook" him, but I thought reasonably about what the Pro Bowl is - a popularity contest.Unless he starts making some noise down the stretch, Driver's probably gonna be overlooked by voters.Yes, he's having (yet one more) great year, but he won't generate enough votes to receive serious Pro Bowl consideration - he'll probably be an alternate, though.(edit to add - 2004 was clearly, and 2005 was arguably, statistically better for Driver, yet he only went to the Pro Bowl in 2002 :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
Last point on Driver - guy is on pace for 87/1300/7 and I still think he'll miss the Pro Bowl.

Such a sad sorry state of the NFL that Torry Holt will probably lead Driver this year in Pro Bowl voting.

Driver has better stats than TO, at least yardage wise, with 902 Yards and 5 TDs going into week 13.
Stats aren't Driver's problem - he shoulda been in the Bowl in 2004 if it were just stats.Stop thinking like a fantasy football player or G.B. fan and think like a Pro Bowl voter - it's a popularity contest and Driver gets NO publicity.

Driver doesn't score enough TDs to get in the Pro Bowl. If you're not scoring TDs, you aren't getting airtime regularly on ESPN highlight shows.

Driver has better stats than TO, at least yardage wise, with 902 Yards and 5 TDs going into week 13.
Stats aren't Driver's problem - he shoulda been in the Bowl in 2004 if it were just stats.Stop thinking like a fantasy football player or G.B. fan and think like a Pro Bowl voter - it's a popularity contest and Driver gets NO publicity.
Plus TO is twice the football player Driver is, drops and all.

The guy is on pace for 87/1300/7 and I still think he'll miss the Pro Bowl.
Boldin had 100+ receptions 1400yds in 14 games had he didn't make the Pro Bowl. I don't think Driver's potential omission from the team is anything to be surprised about.

The guy is on pace for 87/1300/7 and I still think he'll miss the Pro Bowl.
Boldin had 100+ receptions 1400yds in 14 games had he didn't make the Pro Bowl. I don't think Driver's potential omission from the team is anything to be surprised about.
I certainly won't be surprised - based on my posts here, you know I believe he'll miss the PBowl even if he puts up 90/1400/10.

Users who are viewing this thread